Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25-26 Record

Started by moses_007, January 02, 2017, 12:24:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: moses_007 on January 03, 2017, 01:37:35 pm
I know a number of Hogvillians wanted Long to hire Franklin when Petrino was fired.  I wish we had hired him...........he is one helluva motivator!

Franklin was not interested, in case you forgot.
[CENSORED]!

Dugann

YES.. He is the right man for this job :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

moses_007

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:46:43 pm
Franklin was not interested, in case you forgot.
I don't recall Long even being interested in him.  As a general rule, Arkansas won't go after another coach already in the SEC.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Pig In The City on January 02, 2017, 10:06:08 am
Let's hope the Iowa job becomes available. I've seen all I need to see.

agreed, had seen enough to call this one a LONG time ago
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Fatty McGee

Quote from: moses_007 on January 03, 2017, 08:13:36 pm
I don't recall Long even being interested in him.  As a general rule, Arkansas won't go after another coach already in the SEC.

That's similar to my reasoning for not dating Victoria secret models when I was single.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 03:24:45 pm
Yep. Some things better. Some things worse. Overall, way better than year one. Overall better than year two. Overall down from year 3. Ups and downs but up overall. Lets see where we go in year 5. It may be best so far. It may be crappy. Who knows.

I'll go all in on crappy
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

hog of steele

Quote from: JOKERHOG on January 03, 2017, 08:22:59 pm
I'll go all in on crappy

You may be right. Time will tell. If we win 14 or fewer games in the next 2 years, I will be on the fire side with you.

Uncle Remus

Quote from: rude1 on January 03, 2017, 01:48:15 pm
Did you throw Bret's 3-9 record out when doing your averages? Because it shouldn't count and it is meaningless! !!

That isn't what I was addressing with my post.  I wasn't jumping on Brett or any other coach for that matter, the quote I referenced was about how many wins Hog Fans had come to expect.  Those dreadful expectations have been the story in my lifetime.  I counted all coaches' records for those time periods.  Even JLS was counted in there...just stating the average wins per season during my life.  I agree with you that season was meaningless, but they do count and that's one season and what the record books show and always will.