Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25-26 Record

Started by moses_007, January 02, 2017, 12:24:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Quote from ESPN:  Bielema is 25-26 in four seasons with the Razorbacks.

Are you happy with that?

alohawg

This year was a disaster, dude needs to go yesterday. Based on his performance I have zero faith in him.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Smalltownhog95

I still hope for more but lost all confidence.. His job is safe and will be until seats stop being filled so hope is all we can do I guess.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Trystran

Not when the majority in the W column are cupcakes that we barely got by. CBB strikes me as a guy that if we won 1 more game he would immediately have rode the "I have a winning record in the SEC" slogan... regardless of his actual dismal record vs SEC teams. Same with Long for that matter.

Tick Hog

I too think he's safe for at least 2 more from the contract alone. However the media is starting to ramp up a bit so the pressure will start to be on. I've lost hope in what he's selling but hope for better things to come. Without being directly involved in the day to day happenings it's just impossible to know the fix. I think he's a good CEO and has good assistants. Problem is more times than not he's matched with equal to or better coaching plus superior talent. For me as of now it is what it is. I think I've come to the conclusion for us to win big we're going to have to be able to flat out coach and out motivate the the superior talent. Even if after 2 years he's fired I have absolutely no faith that JL would be able to make that type of hire.

al_pigcino

ATM - 8 wins
Bama - 14 wins and counting
Auburn - 8 wins and counting
LSU - 8 wins
Missouri - 4 wins
VA Tech - 10 wins

So we got beat by one team that had less wins than us.  I'd say the team performed around what everyone expected.  Hardly time for a change.  If CBB is gone who do we bring in?  Do you think throwing a new coach in when this one hasn't fully had his players go through his system is the best time to replace?  Rebuilding at Arkansas takes at least 1 year longer than at other SEC schools.  Do you want us set back even further? lol

Hoggie17

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 02, 2017, 07:35:53 am

I'd say the team performed around what everyone expected.  Hardly time for a change. 
This post says it all, we don't expect much from CBB. 

al_pigcino

Saban finished 6-6 in his 4th season at Michigan State.  At Alabama?  10-3.  He won 10 games........but was preseason #1 and coming off another top recruiting class.  In most eyes he didn't perform.  Not everything is rainbows and sunshine.  There are down years even with good coaches.  You can bet he didn't have to fight uphill like Arkansas coaches.

Dominicanhog

if we just won the games we were supposed to win, Rutgers, Toledo, TT, MU (2), MSU added to the meltdown 4th qtrs..

LSU, A&M(2), MSU, VT.. our record would be pretty good...

The concerns for me are, we lose to inferior talent,blow big leads, and meltdown in the 4th quarter...more so than the record...competition,  depth and talent have a lot to do with wins and losses but....

EastexHawg

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 02, 2017, 07:35:53 am
ATM - 8 wins
Bama - 14 wins and counting
Auburn - 8 wins and counting
LSU - 8 wins
Missouri - 4 wins
VA Tech - 10 wins

So we got beat by one team that had less wins than us.  I'd say the team performed around what everyone expected.  Hardly time for a change.  If CBB is gone who do we bring in?  Do you think throwing a new coach in when this one hasn't fully had his players go through his system is the best time to replace?  Rebuilding at Arkansas takes at least 1 year longer than at other SEC schools.  Do you want us set back even further? lol

How many wins would they have had if we had beaten them?  As for not being able to do better than the coach we already have, that's what we heard about Nutt.  One genius even said something about "setting the program back ten years".

We now have fans who think 7-6, 8-5, and 7-6 is as good as it gets for Razorback football.  Sad.

hog of steele

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 02, 2017, 08:15:42 am
How many wins would they have had if we had beaten them?  As for not being able to do better than the coach we already have, that's what we heard about Nutt.  One genius even said something about "setting the program back ten years".

We now have fans who think 7-6, 8-5, and 7-6 is as good as it gets for Razorback football.  Sad.

All except Missouri would still have winning records. Because we didn't lose to cupcakes. We lost to good teams.

I am just fine with CBB's overall record because I understand how we got there. I understand that the first season was a total disaster and was always going to be that way. I have seen him change and adapt as a coach and I expect him to continue doing it.

We may fire CBB in 2 years but that won't be based on his current record. He has 2 years to figure it out. Other great coaches have been in similar situations and gotten it done. So there is reason to hope.

EastexHawg

So we are to be expected to lose to teams that would have been 7-6, 7-5, and 7-5 if we had beaten them?  Let's take Bama, VA Tech, and even Missouri out of the equation.  Our fans now assume that we as a program are expected to lose to teams with barely over .500 records. 

The indoctrination is almost complete.  If Long can just hang on until the "old" fans who remember and expect more die off he'll have it made.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: moses_007 on January 02, 2017, 12:24:24 am
Quote from ESPN:  Bielema is 25-26 in four seasons with the Razorbacks.

Are you happy with that?

Bielema is a great guy with an engaging personality but his coaching is horrific.

If we were ok with 7-8 wins a year we should have kept nutt.

Bubba's Bruisers

At this point I'm mainly hoping he can improve recruiting over the next couple years. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hog of steele

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 02, 2017, 09:36:41 am
So we are to be expected to lose to teams that would have been 7-6, 7-5, and 7-5 if we had beaten them?  Let's take Bama, VA Tech, and even Missouri out of the equation.  Our fans now assume that we as a program are expected to lose to teams with barely over .500 records. 

The indoctrination is almost complete.  If Long can just hang on until the "old" fans who remember and expect more die off he'll have it made.

This is insane. Those teams didn't win 7 games. They won 8 games. Because they beat us. We are expected this year to win about 7-9 games. Some folks told us we would win 5 games. Those folks who thought we would win 5 are now mad that we only won 7.

CBB won't be fired because of past success/failure. He will be fired if he cannot figure out how to get this team competitive in the next few years. We all knew it was a mess when he took over. Its less of a mess now. But can he get us to 10 wins? He has a few years to show us.

Pig In The City

Let's hope the Iowa job becomes available. I've seen all I need to see.

MJ2

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 02, 2017, 09:38:59 am
Bielema is a great guy with an engaging personality but his coaching is horrific.

If we were ok with 7-8 wins a year we should have kept nutt.

Yep and Nutt would not have lost games with a good lead going into the 2nd half.

farmhawg

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 02, 2017, 08:05:02 am
Saban finished 6-6 in his 4th season at Michigan State.  At Alabama?  10-3.  He won 10 games........but was preseason #1 and coming off another top recruiting class.  In most eyes he didn't perform.  Not everything is rainbows and sunshine.  There are down years even with good coaches.  You can bet he didn't have to fight uphill like Arkansas coaches.
You can also bet he didn't lose games the way we are seeing here, if he had he would have been fired.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

al_pigcino

Quote from: farmhawg on January 02, 2017, 10:48:11 am
You can also bet he didn't lose games the way we are seeing here, if he had he would have been fired.
What point does that prove?  Record is record.  You can't change football games.  Do you think anyone looked back at Saban's record and said "oh he lost xx-xx he sucks"?  Nope, they look back 10 years ago and see "L" on the column.  That's it. 

lefty08

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 02, 2017, 09:40:48 am
At this point I'm mainly hoping he can improve recruiting over the next couple years.

The product on the field has  a better chance of being improved than his recruiting does, he's already recruiting better than any hog coach has since the star rating g
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

farmhawg

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 02, 2017, 10:51:40 am
What point does that prove?  Record is record.  You can't change football games.  Do you think anyone looked back at Saban's record and said "oh he lost xx-xx he sucks"?  Nope, they look back 10 years ago and see "L" on the column.  That's it. 
its predictive of what we will continue to see. Guess it has as much relevancy as comparing him to saban.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hog of steele

Quote from: farmhawg on January 02, 2017, 10:48:11 am

They were blown off the field by oregon, ND and Penn state. Lost by 7 to Colorado state to open the season.

They upset Ohio state at home but their 6-6 failed to make a bowl game.

So I am going to say that they did have losses like what we have seen here.

reddogjcss

No confidence in Coach B, we will always have 6-6 to 8-4 seasons and no run at SEC championship.
Hoodie was much better Coach than Coach B

Atlhogfan1

Another jackass thread holding season 1 against him.   

What has happened the last two seasons has not been good enough. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 08:24:49 am
I am just fine with CBB's overall record because I understand how we got there.

We got there because JL hired a coach who cannot keep a talented team focused beyond 2 quarters.  Anyone who thinks BB will change is delusional.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

lefty08

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 02, 2017, 12:07:39 pm
We got there because JL hired a coach who cannot keep a talented team focused beyond 2 quarters.  Anyone who thinks BB will change is delusional.

Ok
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Calling All Hogs

I am not happy with Bielema. But I don't want a coaching change until Jeff Long is gone and we hire and AD that is committed to winning.

007 License To Squeal

lefty08

hog of steele

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 02, 2017, 12:07:39 pm
Anyone who thinks BB will change is delusional.

Good. I don't want him to change. I just want him to continue on the improving path he has already put us on.

Kevin

If long is not going to fire a basketball coach who has been to the NCAA tournament once in 5 years, he is not going to fire the football coach until he gets at least same amount of time.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 12:28:25 pm
Good. I don't want him to change. I just want him to continue on the improving path he has already put us on.

Bielema is 25-26 in four seasons.......you are happy with that? You don't want a change from loser to winner?

hog of steele

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 02, 2017, 12:35:52 pm
Bielema is 25-26 in four seasons.......you are happy with that? You don't want a change from loser to winner?

I don't share your interpretation of the 25-26 record. I actually understand the context in which that record occurred. I am not sure if you know this but shouting 25-26 is not an actual argument.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 12:40:28 pm
I don't share your interpretation of the 25-26 record. I actually understand the context in which that record occurred. I am not sure if you know this but shouting 25-26 is not an actual argument.

After 4 years, it's a LOUD argument......especially when combined with results of games like the last 2.

rude1

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 08:24:49 am
All except Missouri would still have winning records. Because we didn't lose to cupcakes. We lost to good teams.

I am just fine with CBB's overall record because I understand how we got there. I understand that the first season was a total disaster and was always going to be that way. I have seen him change and adapt as a coach and I expect him to continue doing it.

We may fire CBB in 2 years but that won't be based on his current record. He has 2 years to figure it out. Other great coaches have been in similar situations and gotten it done. So there is reason to hope.

So you think Bret is a great coach? LMAO, no point in discussing any further...................

hog of steele

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 02, 2017, 12:42:03 pm
After 4 years, it's a LOUD argument......especially when combined with results of games like the last 2.

It's loud. Not really an argument. It's like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting one fact while ignoring the nuance around the fact or any other facts that might not agree with you. And yes, the last two games were terrible. In fact, all of our losses this year seem terrible.

But that isn't the entire story of our team. As much as some would like it to be. And lets be really honest, if we had won the last two games, most of the fire CBB crowd would still be worked up and want him fired. They would just be posting that 27-24 is not good enough.

lamont7906

I think it harder to strike it with basketball players specially when you are not in a premier basketball conf. I mean not trying to make excuses but Mike recruit like 3 to 4 players a year maybe? If one fail you are hurting already. Football you get 20-26 players a year every year. You are basically recruiting a whole team yearly.
With red shirting and grey shirting and so on it should  be quicker to turn around the football team. Also the basketball team didn't have a practice facility for his first two or three seasons here. I think Mike may or may not get the axe if he don't make the tournament. Long has already stated winning is not huge on his list and it shows. I think as long as the APR is good seats are getting filled both coaches going to be here as long as they stay around .500 with good APR as long as Long is in charge unless the boosters start to chime in.

hog of steele

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 12:47:37 pm
So you think Bret is a great coach? LMAO, no point in discussing any further...................

Did you just ask a question then say you don't want to talk about it? Are you a woman?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 02, 2017, 12:54:04 pm
I think it harder to strike it with basketball players specially when you are not in a premier basketball conf. I mean not trying to make excuses but Mike recruit like 3 to 4 players a year maybe? If one fail you are hurting already. Football you get 20-26 players a year every year. You are basically recruiting a whole team yearly.
With red shirting and grey shirting and so on it should  be quicker to turn around the football team. Also the basketball team didn't have a practice facility for his first two or three seasons here. I think Mike may or may not get the axe if he don't make the tournament. Long has already stated winning is not huge on his list and it shows. I think as long as the APR is good seats are getting filled both coaches going to be here as long as they stay around .500 with good APR as long as Long is in charge unless the boosters start to chime in.

What the Frank?  Do you know how poor your logic is highlighted by the sentence I bolded. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: lefty08 on January 02, 2017, 10:56:35 am
The product on the field has  a better chance of being improved than his recruiting does, he's already recruiting better than any hog coach has since the star rating g

Don't buy it at all.  His classes are not measurably improved from BP, just like BP's were not measurably improved from Nutt's. 

BB gets maybe 4 blue chipper quality recruits each year and maybe a half dozen next tier players...SEC caliber, but will need time.  It's always been that way.  Like always, his best players are offensive skill players.  The OL recruits have been marginal lately...the current class included. 

last class was probably the first one that showed some promise, in numbers, along the back 7.  The DB recruits are very questionable.

The actual difference is we're keeping more kids in the program, which is significant.  They aren't more talented in numbers than before, but now we have more of them available to us.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 02, 2017, 11:54:38 am
No confidence in Coach B, we will always have 6-6 to 8-4 seasons and no run at SEC championship.
Hoodie was much better Coach than Coach B

Agree about the record, but not about Nutt.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 02, 2017, 12:16:17 pm
I am not happy with Bielema. But I don't want a coaching change until Jeff Long is gone and we hire and AD that is committed to winning.

Agree.  Ironically, BB had been his best hire. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 12:59:12 pm
What the Frank?  Do you know how poor your logic is highlighted by the sentence I bolded. 

Yeah, beat me to it.  Flipping a basketball program is nothing like flipping a football program.  In basketball, if you manage to sign just 2 elite players in a class, you can be pretty good instantly. 

alohawg

College football at this level is business, Long is the CEO and CBB the COO, boosters, the board and we fans, the shareholders.
Poop rolls uphill, shareholder support, butts in seats in this case or not will determine the future of both Long and CBB.
Want them gone, stay home and tune out.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KennyForAD

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 02, 2017, 12:16:17 pm

Finally!  People beginning to see the light.  Jeff Long is the problem.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 02, 2017, 01:05:56 pm
Agree.  Ironically, BB had been his best hire. 

If we are going by wins in a major sport CBP was his best hire

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 02, 2017, 01:46:24 pm
If we are going by wins in a major sport CBP was his best hire

Yes, but I don't really credit him for BP.  Long didn't pursue him.  BP was simply desperate and would have taken the first major college job available.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time.  We were desperate, and BP falls into our lap.  Practically dumb luck.

No, Long supposedly tried to hire Tommy Bowden and Jim Grobe.

lefty08

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 02, 2017, 01:32:40 pm
Finally!  People beginning to see the light.  Jeff Long is the problem.

Dumb

regi

For a guy with a reality show, and a guy that never turns down a chance to run his fat mouth. Bert is very quiet still, after blowing another lead, 4 days later?

lefty08

Quote from: regi on January 02, 2017, 01:57:52 pm
For a guy with a reality show, and a guy that never turns down a chance to run his fat mouth. Bert is very quiet still, after blowing another lead, 4 days later?

Next episode won't be until the spring