Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan statement

Started by ricepig, December 30, 2016, 05:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 30, 2016, 09:41:15 pm
Well crap. Not only did I misinterpret your first post, I overlooked your explanation. My apologies.

No worries dude.  Lots of posts incoming. I could have been more clear, obviously.  ;D

pigture perfect

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 08:40:31 pm
Have you ever played football and have a guy grab your dick under a pile and try to pull it through your pants. Had a guy bite the f out of your ass or balls. Punch you as hard as he can in the balls......all while under a pile?? And if you have how much worse is it for a guy to spit on your fng visor?
you must be old enough to play in the era before face masks if you had someone bite you in the a** and balls.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 30, 2016, 09:45:31 pm
you must be old enough to play in the era before face masks if you had someone bite you in the a** and balls.
It could have been Swamp donkey or Bucky beaver.....

IronMountainHog

I want an apology for him sporting that man bun all season.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 30, 2016, 09:45:31 pm

Well I would write a nice long rebuttal but since I only have to go back one night I think I'll just let less than 24 hours speak for it's fng self. Do you watch football or just do message boards? This followed a basic Tbagging. It's still an ugly dirty game sometimes even though you might be on the couch watching in HD with a diaper bag taking orders from your wife.

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

greasy_corner

Quote from: golf2day on December 30, 2016, 08:17:19 pm
Except for the spitting part. And the arm bands. And the war paint.

Other than that I loved the guy.

My god.

greasy_corner

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 30, 2016, 10:05:04 pm
I want an apology for him sporting that man bun all season.

If he didn't give you an apology for fathering 2 of your 8 kids, I doubt you'll get one for his haircut. 

Bra.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 30, 2016, 10:29:16 pm
My god.

Listen man, that guy lost 95% of all the homophobes in Arkansas (95% of male football fans) as soon as he broke out the man bun.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 30, 2016, 10:31:48 pm
If he didn't give you an apology for fathering 2 of your 8 kids, I doubt you'll get one for his haircut. 

Bra.

Hopefully it was more than 2. It would give them much more of a chance to be successful in life.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 30, 2016, 10:31:48 pm

Bra.
The only thing I know about bra is you probably wear one during your cross dressing activities.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 10:33:55 pm
Hopefully it was more than 2. It would give them much more of a chance to be successful in life.
Your kids turn out fine and thankfully got my great looks.

Hoggish1

Best of luck to you, Drew.  Always played as hard as he could...!

pigture perfect

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 10:28:18 pm
Well I would write a nice long rebuttal but since I only have to go back one night I think I'll just let less than 24 hours speak for it's fng self. Do you watch football or just do message boards? This followed a basic Tbagging. It's still an ugly dirty game sometimes even though you might be on the couch watching in HD with a diaper bag taking orders from your wife.

you said you were bitten in your hinder quarters and in your balls. I have played and coached a lot of football and have seen many things, but I've never seen anyone bitten anywhere but the hand during the face mask era.

I never mentioned being kicked, pinched or punched. Seen lots of that. Read a little before posting. That's what I did.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

k.c.hawg

You think someone cannot bite someones ass because they have a facemask on? Get real. And the post I was responding to that lead you to respond to my post was on a much wider scope. Football is still full of nasty emotional outbursts at times. If Morgan spit on a guy's visor he's despicable, for people acting like it is the worse sin in football that is debatable, and certainly not as painful as many things that go on in every single game. For the people that can't stomach it, watch tennis or golf.

pigture perfect

I went looking for a crying emoji, but I don't have one.

Maybe when school starts back, I'll go to the equipment room get a couple of helmets, pull a couple of kids out of class and make a video to show how hard it is to butt bite a player while wearing a face mask. No I won't because that would be stupid. Just like your ASSertion. Pun intended

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 31, 2016, 01:17:08 am

Maybe when school starts back, I'll go to the equipment room get a couple of helmets, pull a couple of kids out of class and make a video to show how hard it is to butt bite a player while wearing a face mask. No I won't because that would be stupid. Just like your ASSertion. Pun intended

Please make this video.  Just the thought of it is making me laugh, although it is 230am so that probably helps a bit with the laughter.

BielemaBrilliance

The VT player could have called his mom a foul name that starts w a "w". Spitting would have been warranted and understandable as an act of frustration and anger. It's football...spitting isn't the worse thing that happens on the football field.
"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

Temprees

Quote from: hawgon on December 30, 2016, 07:22:09 pm
If I didn't do it I would say that I didn't and then say that anyone who says that I did is a darned liar.
Amen.  He did it and he knows it. 

Pork Twain

December 31, 2016, 06:57:31 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:59:47 pm by Pork Twain
Both of the statements released by our players sound little like someone else wrote it for them.  No excuse for either of these guys
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Temprees

Quote from: BielemaBrilliance on December 31, 2016, 05:07:07 am
The VT player could have called his mom a foul name that starts w a "w". Spitting would have been warranted and understandable as an act of frustration and anger. It's football...spitting isn't the worse thing that happens on the football field.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.  So you think it's okay to put your feelings above the good of your team. 3rd and 10 goes to 3rd and 25, as a result od Morgan spitting in the guys face.  Still had 3 timeouts at that point, so the game was not over. 

To sum up you guys position on this, If you rob a store and get arrested, then all is well if you just apologize for getting arrested.  You guys are so smart. 

SemperFi

I have a good friend who's dad used to play football when they wore very simple uniforms way back in the day. He used to tell us some of the funniest stories, but always said that you never wanted to be at the bottom of the pile because you would get chewing tobacco spit in your eyes, bit, punched and all sorts of other bad things. Different time and a different set of rules.

I appreciate every play that Drew Morgan made for the Hogs throughout his career and will remember him for the great Razorback that he was/is. How could anyone remember him for anything else? WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

SemperFi

Quote from: Temprees on December 31, 2016, 07:00:27 am
Excuses, excuses, excuses.  So you think it's okay to put your feelings above the good of your team. 3rd and 10 goes to 3rd and 25, as a result od Morgan spitting in the guys face.  Still had 3 timeouts at that point, so the game was not over. 

To sum up you guys position on this, If you rob a store and get arrested, then all is well if you just apologize for getting arrested.  You guys are so smart. 

I'm sure that your walk along that straight and narrow path is without any wrongdoings or boneheaded decisions. Remember that as you go throughout your day and keep score every time that you do something stupid. Comparing what happens on a football field in the heat of a moment to "robbing a store" is insane! Unless you were involved in that situation you have no comment and should obviously keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

k.c.hawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 31, 2016, 01:17:08 am

Sounds like the kind of crap going on in our schools these days. Maybe you could roll Uncle Jerry and do your experiment in the showers. Pervert.

Temprees

Quote from: SemperFi on December 31, 2016, 07:48:26 am
I'm sure that your walk along that straight and narrow path is without any wrongdoings or boneheaded decisions. Remember that as you go throughout your day and keep score every time that you do something stupid. Comparing what happens on a football field in the heat of a moment to "robbing a store" is insane! Unless you were involved in that situation you have no comment and should obviously keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself.
I see that you don't understand the concept of analogy.  I was not comparing "robbing a store" to "spitting in someone's face".  The comparison had to do with the apology or lack thereof.  Morgan apologized for getting ejected, NOT for spitting in the VT player's face.  He is not apologizing for his despicable and flagrant behavior, but only about what happened (ejection) as a result of his behavior.  The analogous incident had the robber not apologizing for robbing the store (his bad behavior), but apologizing for what happened to him (arrest) as a result of his behavior (robbing the store). 

Also, I wouldn't call spitting in someone face as a mere "bone headed decision".  It's a lot worst than that.  I have only responded to those who are attempting to minimize Morgan's gross behavior.  And, this is not about me. 

Pig In The City

PonderinHog

SemperFi

I have some inside information with regards to this incident. Yes, this is coming from a close friend that happens to be friends with Drew's dad, so whether you believe it or not I don't care. In my mind it is the truth.

The incident occurred because a VT player hit Drew Morgan on his helmet and so the Ref threw the flag as a result, however the VT player told the Ref that Drew had spit in his face and then changed his call and ejected Drew from the game. Drew denies ever spitting on the VT player.

The apologize was for the fanbase and there is no reason why he should have apologized to the VT player. It is VT that should be apologizing for that incident, the Keon Hatcher hair pulling that happened after the play was dead and he was still on the ground and the targeting call that was a no call. The officiating was 2nd rate and that crew should be forced to apologize for their incompetence.

Stop throwing stones until we know the whole story.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: SemperFi on December 31, 2016, 08:48:18 am
I have some inside information with regards to this incident. Yes, this is coming from a close friend that happens to be friends with Drew's dad, so whether you believe it or not I don't care. In my mind it is the truth.

The incident occurred because a VT player hit Drew Morgan on his helmet and so the Ref threw the flag as a result, however the VT player told the Ref that Drew had spit in his face and then changed his call and ejected Drew from the game. Drew denies ever spitting on the VT player.

The apologize was for the fanbase and there is no reason why he should have apologized to the VT player. It is VT that should be apologizing for that incident, the Keon Hatcher hair pulling that happened after the play was dead and he was still on the ground and the targeting call that was a no call. The officiating was 2nd rate and that crew should be forced to apologize for their incompetence.

Thank you.

hawgon

Like I said, I wouldn't apologize and I would call everyone a darned liar.  And to be clear, I believe Drew.  I would call the VT player a liar, the ref an idiot, and blast BB for telling the story without saying that I denied that it happened.

Screw an apology.  Stand up for your honor and figuratively spit in some eyes and dare them to do something about it.

Hogarusa

Some of you love the Hogs so much its made you blind. He issued an apology and you still dont believe he could have possibly done it. I'm glad there isnt video evidence, it would have been a national sports story
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Porked Tongue

I'll give Morgan a pass on this.

He was a great Hog.

FineAsSwine

Spitting on someone is an attempt to demean. Just as bad as an openhanded face slap. It's something that you don't forget.

If someone did it to me, we'd both be ejected.

fullfan

Nice to see him step up and apologize.  I never expected much from Morgan but through his career he just kept making plays when other more touted players did not.   He kind of grew into one of my favorite Razorbacks with his 100% effort.   

This incident does not define what he meant to his team or Hog fans for the past 4 years.  No one is happy about the way the season or the bowl played out but at least give the players who worked their tails off and laid it out there every Saturday for 4 years some credit.

hawgon

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 31, 2016, 09:17:09 am
I'll give Morgan a pass on this.

He was a great Hog.

I agree.  The kid generally played his guts out.  If I were him, I would be mad as hell at BB for repeating the allegation in his press conference without acknowledging that Drew denied it. 

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:34:22 am
I agree.  The kid generally played his guts out.  If I were him, I would be mad as hell at BB for repeating the allegation in his press conference without acknowledging that Drew denied it. 

You'd be mad at BB for anything. He stated in the PC the reason the officials removed Drew. Also, has Drew denied it anywhere, I haven't seen that.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 09:36:19 am
You'd be mad at BB for anything. He stated in the PC the reason the officials removed Drew. Also, has Drew denied it anywhere, I haven't seen that.

He hasn't admitted it.

And you would say, "Good job, Jeff Long approves" if Bielema walked up and peed in your breakfast cereal.

MountieDawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 09:24:09 pm
I explained it a couple of posts later.  With no admission of guilt it begs the question of what he actually did. He was sorry for getting ejected, not for spitting.  Casts a bit of doubt on what happened.

Sounds like he thought the guy deserved to be spit on but he was sorry he got caught.
SEC!

Temprees

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:34:22 am
Morgan has NEVER denied anything.

hawgon

Quote from: Temprees on December 31, 2016, 09:44:41 am
Morgan has NEVER denied anything.

Just going off what a poster who claims to know Drew's dad said a few posts up. 

Temprees

Quote from: SemperFi on December 31, 2016, 08:48:18 am

Thats not true.  After the play was over (completed pass to Hatcher -out of bounds), Morgan got into the face of a VT defender, and slightly bumped his (VT player's) helmet.  While this was occurring, the VT player was waving his arm to officials and pointing at Morgan showing them what Morgan was doing.  Suddenly, Morgan began to walk away.  Morgan had barely taken one step when the VT player pushed Morgan. The official immediately threw the flag. Morgan continued to walk away, calmly, and never reacted to the VT player who had just shoved him, immediately after MORGAN HAD BEEN IN HIS FACE.  The official ran towards the VT player,  and it appeared that the VT player said something to the official, and showed the ref the spit on the outside of his visor. 

I didn't get my information from a friend of Morgan's daddy.  I'm telling you what I saw.  My initial reaction to what I saw was that Morgan had said something inappropriate to the VT Player, based on the reaction of the two players.  The VT player's reaction to Morgan being in his face was to point Morgan's conduct out to officials, then when Morgan attempts to walk away, the previously composed VT player suddenly loses his composure and pushes the walking away Morgan.  Doesn't make sense unless something else happened.  Add to the mix that Morgan didn't react at all to be pushed by the VT player that he had just confronted.  Also add that Morgan has not denied spitting in the guy's face.  Morgan has only re tweeted a tweet that said there is no evidence that he did it. 

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:38:01 am
He hasn't admitted it.

And you would say, "Good job, Jeff Long approves" if Bielema walked up and peed in your breakfast cereal.

What?? Try to stick to some facts, I understand why you had a 6 month vacation, when you're wrong you rely on name calling, lol.

jackflash

we are going to miss him at WR. I hope he given a chance in the pros. think him and hatcher can help a team

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 10:33:58 am
What?? Try to stick to some facts, I understand why you had a 6 month vacation, when you're wrong you rely on name calling, lol.

Did I call you name Mr. Stick to the Facts?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 10:40:29 am
Did I call you name Mr. Stick to the Facts?

Semantics, you used an attack on me as your way to change the facts.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 10:45:40 am
Semantics, you used an attack on me as your way to change the facts.

No I responded to your assertion that I reflexively criticize Bielema with an accurate observation that you reflexively defend him.  Simple enough really.

Iwastherein1969

in '78 I stepped on the center from Waldo's left foot so he couldn't get the missed shot and get the stick back. Hell, we were only 3 points up at their place and back then it was tough beating the Waldo Bulldogs at their place. So Donnie (Coffman), wherever you are out there and if you are still alive (I certainly hope so) I apologize about stepping on your foot, but my Roadrunners needed that game and in the worst way.

ad: as not to de-rail the thread, Drew, I was more upset by the way you played the whole game because you didn't seem like your normal, under control self. The spitting thing, well, that's between you and that azz hat who pulled hair. Anyway, you overachieved at your career at Arkansas and I enjoyed watching you play, especially the last couple of years. Thanks, and have good luck in whatever you decide to do when you leave the UA
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 10:48:32 am
No I responded to your assertion that I reflexively criticize Bielema with an accurate observation that you reflexively defend him.  Simple enough really.

Accurate observation?? You actually think anyone would drink piss in their cereal, nice try, but it's just a deflection because you have no "facts".

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 11:21:24 am
Accurate observation?? You actually think anyone would drink piss in their cereal, nice try, but it's just a deflection because you have no "facts".

You actually think someone is being literal when they speak thusly?  If so, that actually explains lots of your posts and positions.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 11:24:56 am
You actually think someone is being literal when they speak thusly?  If so, that actually explains lots of your posts and positions.

Just speaking of facts, which was the point.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 11:30:29 am
Just speaking of facts, which was the point.

Facts?  I'm thinking you know few of those unless you are rotely repeating the athletic department party line.