Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan statement

Started by ricepig, December 30, 2016, 05:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildoghawg

Still don't think he did it.  I could see him yelling and spit went into someone's face, but just flat out hocking a loogie at someone....not buying it.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

ArkansasI

Good for Drew. He made a huge mistake - this is how to begin a new chapter. I hope he apologized to the player he spit on.

PorkRinds

31to6

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 06:03:11 pm
No admission of guilt. Hm.
Maybe he didn't do what the ref's said he did? Should he admit he did something that he truly believes he did not do?

We do not have video evidence so nobody knows but Drew and the VT player.

Whether he did or not, he does have a temper, he was very frustrated, and he put himself in a position to be ejected in a way that gave the UA a black eye.

But he was also one of the only guys on the team playing balls-out in the 2H.

I am inclined to accept this and move on.

Jack

spitting in an opponent's face will be his legacy. uncommon indeed.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 31to6 on December 30, 2016, 06:07:14 pm
Maybe he didn't do what the ref's said he did? Should he admit he did something that he truly believes he did not do?

We do not have video evidence so nobody knows but Drew and the VT player.

Whether he did or not, he does have a temper, he was very frustrated, and he put himself in a position to be ejected in a way that gave the UA a black eye.

But he was also one of the only guys on the team playing balls-out in the 2H.

I am inclined to accept this and move on.

You misunderstood. I was defending him.  He apologized for being ejected and didn't admit to spitting on anyone.  I'm sure that was a carefully worded statement.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jack on December 30, 2016, 06:07:56 pm
spitting in an opponent's face will be his legacy. uncommon indeed.
I fart in your general direction.

hogcard1964

No footage of him doing it, huh? 

31to6

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 06:08:32 pm
You misunderstood. I was defending him.  He apologized for being ejected and didn't admit to spitting on anyone.  I'm sure that was a carefully worded statement.
Fair enough. We agree.

Thanks for a measured response!

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 06:10:09 pm

...well, haha, from your posts lately it was a real stinker ....meh, Drew, man,
they just didn't know who you were I guess...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Jack

The Kig

Agreed, this is a carefully worded letter.  If he didn't do it, then someone needs to show it or come to his defense.  What has the VT player said about it?  If he did do it and this is his idea of an apology, then shame on him. 
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 06:10:09 pm

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!  Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. 
Poker Porker

MamaHogFan

The UA has a black eye because of the atrocious coaching and equally atrocious play on the field

Sivad

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 30, 2016, 06:02:22 pm
I hope he apologized to the player he spit on.
I suspect that VaTech player owes an apology too.

longpig

Quote from: Sivad on December 30, 2016, 06:34:57 pm
I suspect that VaTech player owes an apology too.

For what, having the superior trash talk game? 

As if our players don't dish it out with the best of them.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Make a play, get up, run back to your huddle. It's that simple.

DeltaBoy

The Zebras were horrible. God  Bless Drew.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

if any of you have ever played , you should know being spit on is minor compared tp the other things that go on. being kicked , stomped , bit , eyes gouged , punched , elbowed , hit below the belt. All of these things are very common. Football is a dirty game , I've seen fingers broken from being cleated . it's rough that's why it's a mans game
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

go hogues

Good for him.

They need to test him for bipolar disorder before the draft.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawg IQ

Quote from: devildoghawg on December 30, 2016, 06:00:29 pm
Still don't think he did it.  I could see him yelling and spit went into someone's face, but just flat out hocking a loogie at someone....not buying it.
Those refs never had a clue ever ! TD two yards inside the goal line "REVIEWED" why ?    Still don't know why the morgon fumble was never reviewed ?  the inadverting whistle and a signal it was hogs ball?  when do you ever call up to the replay guy saying daddy help me out on this rule. conference after conference on offsides or illegal procedure calls.

Oh oh the the targeting rule throwed out by replay guy. when ever did you see a flag throwed on that and the guy not get ejected and at a minimum a 15 yard un-necessary roughness call.
Who knows the ref might have spit in Drews face. we have horrible refs in sec, but those guys couldn't do a pee-wee game !!!
go hogs go !

hawgon

If I didn't do it I would say that I didn't and then say that anyone who says that I did is a darned liar.

(notOM)Rebel123

What... his apology for being ejected wasn't enough for you?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Porkette

I certainly hope he is not remembered for this. If he did it, he better learn how to control his temper going forward. Either way, he's been a great Razorback.
GO HOGS GO!

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Porkette on December 30, 2016, 08:12:29 pm
Either way, he's been a great Razorback.
Except for the spitting part. And the arm bands. And the war paint.

Other than that I loved the guy.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Like someone said earlier, spitting is lightweight.  Intentionally getting walked on, having appendages intentionally twisted the wrong way, some ass grabbing your private parts and trying to yank them off, having both lines on a high school team with taped up fore arms and under the tape, having steel plates slapping into your chin, cheek, slamming down across your shin bones.  Spitting is nothing.

EastexHawg

Why would he apologize if he didn't do it?  If he was innocent he would say "I didn't do it."  He wouldn't apologize.

I have no intention of holding this against Drew for the rest of his life,  but claiming he was falsely accused is sort of out there.

hog.goblin

Nice game pretty boy!

The spit could not have come from behind...there had to have been a second spitter

31to6

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2016, 08:24:02 pm
Why would he apologize if he didn't do it?  If he was innocent he would say "I didn't do it."  He wouldn't apologize.
Clearly something happened. Clearly he put himself into a situation which got him ejected.

If he did spit on the guy, well that is pretty cowardly because a disciplined opponent would not retaliate without consequences.

But even if he did not actually spit on the guy, he would still need to apologize for whatever it was that led up to the altercation (in short, not getting up and walking back to the huddle). Even if he did spit, it might not have been intentional.

So yes, he could apologize for being ejected while not admitting that he spit on an opponent.

Of course this is all speculation. Nobody really knows but two people and one is not sharing all the details and the other isn't talking at all.

10thPlanet

People spit all the time on each other. The also punch and squeeze the crap out of your nards. Poke eyes, bend fingers back. Talk trash that would make your momma disappointed in you, but make your dad laugh. You just can't do it and get caught. Also depends on the refs. It's a part of the game since the 70's that I know of.
Drew is intense, and I thank him for being a Razorback.

k.c.hawg

From what I saw all night, he might have gone to spit and the VT player got in his face too late. He was wearing a visor, nothing different than riding a motorcycle on any summer night in the south.

In all honesty I consider spitting in someones face one of the most despicable things an individual can do. Therefore until it is proven or at the very least the VT player comes out and says he did it, I will never convict him as the other 500 Hogvillian POS's did this morning. The kid was thrown out with the trash this am. He is one of the absolute toughest MF's this team has had in years, putting his shoulder back in on damn near every catch last year. The same scumbags saying he should have gone down because the play was over probably didn't say chit when he went for 7 extra yards when appearing to be down in the 1st QTR. If he spit in the dudes face shame on him and his family name but butt hurt Razorback fans burning that dude on the cross this morning and making unsubstantiated statements about him, his leadership or devisiveness should all shut the hell up until you can offer some proof. Otherwise you are just another Hogville blow Hard.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 12247 on December 30, 2016, 08:18:55 pm
Like someone said earlier, spitting is lightweight.  Intentionally getting walked on, having appendages intentionally twisted the wrong way, some ass grabbing your private parts and trying to yank them off, having both lines on a high school team with taped up fore arms and under the tape, having steel plates slapping into your chin, cheek, slamming down across your shin bones.  Spitting is nothing.

You are a nut, seriously. And I am saying gone, clinically deranged, la-la land type basket case.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PorkRinds

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 30, 2016, 07:48:15 pm
What... his apology for being ejected wasn't enough for you?

Another guy that misread my intent.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 30, 2016, 08:37:10 pm
You are a nut, seriously. And I am saying gone, clinically deranged, la-la land type basket case.

Have you ever played football and have a guy grab your dick under a pile and try to pull it through your pants. Had a guy bite the f out of your ass or balls. Punch you as hard as he can in the balls......all while under a pile?? And if you have how much worse is it for a guy to spit on your fng visor?
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 08:40:31 pm
Have you ever played football and have a guy grab your dick under a pile and try to pull it through your pants. Had a guy bite the f out of your ass or balls. Punch you as hard as he can in the balls......all while under a pile??

Yeah. Steel plates? Absolute fantasy.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 30, 2016, 08:42:32 pm
Yeah. Steel plates? Absolute fantasy.

Go play sports instead of trolling message boards.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 30, 2016, 08:43:53 pm
Go play sports instead of trolling message boards.

I've had my day. And I know what took place back in the day would NEVER be tolerated in 2016.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 30, 2016, 08:48:13 pm
I've had my day. And I know what took place back in the day would NEVER be tolerated in 2016.

LMFAO!! Signed: Ndamukong Suh!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Drew seems like a hot head.  Could totally see him doing something to get himself kicked out.  Especially given the circumstance of the game last night and his obvious contributions to those circumstances.  Sometimes a guy just crosses the line in the heat of the moment.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RollHogTide

I don't know the character of the young man, but he owned whatever happened and apologized.  Seems like a high character person to me, regardless of whatever happened on the field.

DLUXHOG

Please.... let it go.....   several Va Tech players were guilty of holding, facemask, etc. and it wasn't called.....(this is football in case some of you puzzys don't remember...:   Dick Butkus, or Conrad Dobler....?   anyone?   anyone?)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkRinds

The only acceptable time to spit on another player is if we are playing LSU or Texas. Off limits any other time.  ;)

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 30, 2016, 09:00:45 pm
Drew seems like a hot head.  Could totally see him doing something to get himself kicked out.  Especially given the circumstance of the game last night and his obvious contributions to those circumstances.  Sometimes a guy just crosses the line in the heat of the moment.

How many other games did he get kicked out of? I'm not saying he did nothing wrong, but other than some vague accusations of spitting, did anyone actually SEE what happened?

Drew is very intense, sometimes very much so, but I've never seen him out of control.

When #25 was flagged for targeting, it's the first time all season that I've seen the replay official overturn the call and the guy stay in the game. We have had players tossed for less than his hit to the head of Reed...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 08:38:32 pm
Another guy that misread my intent.

I'm sorry if I misread your post. What was your intent?

Porkette

Quote from: golf2day on December 30, 2016, 08:17:19 pm
Except for the spitting part. And the arm bands. And the war paint.

Other than that I loved the guy.

I don't know him, other than his tough play on the field. I could be wrong.
GO HOGS GO!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on December 30, 2016, 09:14:33 pm
How many other games did he get kicked out of? I'm not saying he did nothing wrong, but other than some vague accusations of spitting, did anyone actually SEE what happened?

Drew is very intense, sometimes very much so, but I've never seen him out of control.

When #25 was flagged for targeting, it's the first time all season that I've seen the replay official overturn the call and the guy stay in the game. We have had players tossed for less than his hit to the head of Reed...

Nothing I posted disagrees with anything you've posted.  But I'm really not a conspiracy theorist.  I'm going to logically assume he did something to get kicked out.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PorkRinds

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 30, 2016, 09:18:08 pm
I'm sorry if I misread your post. What was your intent?

I explained it a couple of posts later.  With no admission of guilt it begs the question of what he actually did. He was sorry for getting ejected, not for spitting.  Casts a bit of doubt on what happened.

pigture perfect

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 30, 2016, 07:04:57 pm
if any of you have ever played , you should know being spit on is minor compared tp the other things that go on. being kicked , stomped , bit , eyes gouged , punched , elbowed , hit below the belt. All of these things are very common. Football is a dirty game , I've seen fingers broken from being cleated . it's rough that's why it's a mans game
you must be talking about the Arkadelphia game in 82.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 09:24:09 pm
I explained it a couple of posts later.  With no admission of guilt it begs the question of what he actually did. He was sorry for getting ejected, not for spitting.  Casts a bit of doubt on what happened.

Well crap. Not only did I misinterpret your first post, I overlooked your explanation. My apologies.