Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 10, 2024, 03:21:46 am

Advertisements

Started by labb, November 13, 2009, 09:02:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

Well, we have finally got enough ads on the Home Page that it is starting to bog my computer down while they load..Anyone else have this problem?

hamsam

well, if this were my website I would tell you to get a faster computer or DSL service speed.
If I owned this site I would have even more ads...fella gotta try to make a dolla!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Ash

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Ash on November 13, 2009, 09:09:53 am
http://adblockplus.org/en/

Eliminates about 99% of the ads out there.

Too bad it wont work for IE, according to what I read.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

Demi

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on November 13, 2009, 11:20:09 am

Reason number 40,023 to switch to Firefox. You won't regret it. Its even free!!

brwillis11

Sounds like a computer problem. Doesn't matter if the site has two or fifty advertisers, there are only two banners up at a time.

Besides you should thank those advertisers they are who keep this free. Click on their banners from time to time.

Lanny

We've had a problem with popups and that has been a problem stopping.  We're working on it.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Doug

Building up on this... and I hate to tow the company line, but if y'all actually were halfway aware of what it costs to run Hogville... you probably wouldn't mind the ads nearly as much.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Demi on November 13, 2009, 11:21:58 am

^^This.  Firefox rules.  Can't remember when I last used IE.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: labb on November 13, 2009, 09:02:10 am
Well, we have finally got enough ads on the Home Page that it is starting to bog my computer down while they load..Anyone else have this problem?

Got an idea.  Donate tons of cash to Lanny so he can run this site so you can use it FOR FREE then there won't have to be any ads on it at all.  Maybe something saying what a swell guy you are and that's about it.  You up for it?
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Wild Bill Hog

If it takes ads to keep Hogville up and running, I say pile 'em wide and deep.  From what I understand, you can get a refund of your membership fee anytime you want it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't mind them at all.  I do wish there was a little more skin.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ArkieBrat

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 13, 2009, 01:00:47 pm
If it takes ads to keep Hogville up and running, I say pile 'em wide and deep.  From what I understand, you can get a refund of your membership fee anytime you want it.

^^^This says it all^^^
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

Jabroni

here's an idea, instead of watching the lindsey commercial every single time i want to watch a video, how about play it just once the first time? ehh?

Hog Waller

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 13, 2009, 12:32:00 pm
^^This.  Firefox rules.  Can't remember when I last used IE.

Or use Safari (I use both)...besides using IE is like sleeping with an unclean girl...your bound to catch something you don't want that ain't easy to get rid of.

athunt

Sometimes the ad right below the quick reply box will pop up and its a chess game to get hit the "Post" button, but thats the price you gotta pay for a free site and I will pay it.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

SquidBilly

Quote from: Douglas on November 13, 2009, 12:31:37 pm
Building up on this... and I hate to tow the company line, but if y'all actually were halfway aware of what it costs to run Hogville... you probably wouldn't mind the ads nearly as much.

Food for Mr. and Mrs. Bear and your cubs ain't cheap I guess.  :)

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

Doug

Has nothing to do with me, ATL.  I haven't owned the servers that Hogville runs on since late 2007.  :D
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

aloha_kid

Who uses IE anymore?

Hog Waller

HawgBallLvr

For some odd reason FF doesnt work on my computer. It freezes it up and last time I downloaded it it had a virus in the program and just about lost my whole computer. I refuse to use it. I have never had a problem with IE7. Ever!

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 13, 2009, 03:24:55 pm
IE = Internet VD
For you maybe. Ive never had a problem with IE. People say FF is amazing and all that, its been nothing but a huge problem for me.

The Great Hambino

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on November 13, 2009, 04:53:15 pm
For some odd reason FF doesnt work on my computer. It freezes it up and last time I downloaded it it had a virus in the program and just about lost my whole computer. I refuse to use it. I have never had a problem with IE7. Ever!

That's because you have a stupid avatar.   ;D
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 13, 2009, 07:56:44 pm
That's because you have a stupid avatar.   ;D
Maybe FF hates the cowboys too?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on November 13, 2009, 08:02:46 pm
Maybe FF hates the cowboys too?

No, Fearless Friday loves the Cowboys too.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HawgBallLvr

DukeOfPork

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on November 13, 2009, 04:54:35 pm
For you maybe. Ive never had a problem with IE. People say FF is amazing and all that, its been nothing but a huge problem for me.

Firefox is, in fact, amazing.

Hog are ya

Quote from: sggrant323 on November 13, 2009, 04:58:45 pm
I see no ads. ever.

For some reason, the only thing that locks my computer up (for about 30 seconds) is anytime I get to Sggrants323 post.  This is not a personal slam, for I don't mind content of your post, but seriously, my computer locks up for a bit!  It's happens every single time.  I guess it something to do with your videos?

Hog Waller

Quote from: Hog are ya on November 14, 2009, 03:58:12 am
For some reason, the only thing that locks my computer up (for about 30 seconds) is anytime I get to Sggrants323 post.  This is not a personal slam, for I don't mind content of your post, but seriously, my computer locks up for a bit!  It's happens every single time.  I guess it something to do with your videos?

Me too...it's his signature, not sure why it causes that.  There is one other poster who has an animated signature of wrestling that causes the same thing.

Hog are ya

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 14, 2009, 08:12:29 am
Me too...it's his signature, not sure why it causes that.  There is one other poster who has an animated signature of wrestling that causes the same thing.

Sorry it happens to you too but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  Maybe he'll change it.  It really is a cool monkey though......

SteveInArk

November 14, 2009, 03:56:36 pm #32 Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:58:46 pm by SteveInArk
Quote from: Hog are ya on November 14, 2009, 12:45:30 pm
Sorry it happens to you too but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  Maybe he'll change it.  It really is a cool monkey though......

They are quite large picture files tho'.  Over 2mb each .... that would make loading take some time, more than normal.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown