Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 06:45:14 pm

Anti-Virus Again

Started by Oklahawg, September 13, 2008, 11:11:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

I added PC Spydoctor. Seems to create lots of conflicts with Norton.

I have thought about purchasing/installing the full version of PC Spydoctor and then uninstalling my Norton.

Thoughts?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Doug

Ditch Norton regardless of what you do.

I will STILL stand behind NOD32 over anything else, any day of the week, even PC Spydoctor.  NOD32 comes with a decent Spyware cleaning/detecting utility.

Run that with AdAware and SpyBod S&D, and you're all but guaranteed to have a continually clean system.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

t-money

I have been using Spydoctor for over a year and it does a great job....It has taken care of a lot of problems on my PC...
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

Oklahawg

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2008, 11:13:59 pm

I will STILL stand behind NOD32 over anything else, any day of the week, even PC Spydoctor.  NOD32 comes with a decent Spyware cleaning/detecting utility.

Run that with AdAware and SpyBod S&D, and you're all but guaranteed to have a continually clean system.

I trust the Bear.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: t-money on September 13, 2008, 11:20:11 pm
I have been using Spydoctor for over a year and it does a great job....It has taken care of a lot of problems on my PC...

That is very reassuring. Thanks.

PigPusher

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2008, 11:13:59 pm

Douglas are you talking about three different softwares here?  That is, NOD32, SpyBod and AdAware?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

Douglas it was a serious question as I am presently trying to redo my protection.  My son who considers himself a guru has really cobbled my computer up with.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Doug

Damn, can't a brotha take a day off?!  ;)

Yes, it's three separate programs.  Here's the links to the download page for each of them.

NOD32 - http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_eav.php
AdAware - CLICK HERE
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

For Spybot, switch into ADVANCED MODE.  Go into your SETTINGS section and change it to use the BETA version.  You will not regret it.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PigPusher

Quote from: Douglas on September 15, 2008, 06:30:48 pm
Damn, can't a brotha take a day off?!  ;)

Yes, it's three separate programs.  Here's the links to the download page for each of them.

NOD32 - http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_eav.php
AdAware - CLICK HERE
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

For Spybot, switch into ADVANCED MODE.  Go into your SETTINGS section and change it to use the BETA version.  You will not regret it.

Well gosh guy sorry to interrupt your day off and thanks for the info.  :) No one has ever told us to combine it like that but it will be done. Thanks again.

Dances With Hogs

How safe are these to download?
Quote from: PigPusher on September 15, 2008, 11:03:04 pm
Well gosh guy sorry to interrupt your day off and thanks for the info.  :) No one has ever told us to combine it like that but it will be done. Thanks again.

Doug

Dances, I've been online since 1995 and involved with tech support regarding computers in some facet since 1997.  I don't recommend crap programs.  In other words, if I recommend a program, you can be damn sure I've done my homework on it and have tested it out thoroughly on several machines (including servers).
--Doug