Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A note about Avatars/Sigs and a request from me, please...

Started by Doug, December 06, 2007, 12:37:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

While I have restored Avatars, Signatures, Profile links and Online/Offline images, please note that we may turn these off in order to preserve all available resources IF the need arrises.  For the time being, we should be okay with them on.

Now, the plea:  I need EVERYONE to get their signatures in check.  Please remember that the more data that has to be loaded, the potential of slowness increases.  As per Hogville's rules (linked at the top on every page of our forums...

SIGNATURE AND AVATAR IMAGE RESTRICTIONS
Due to the fact that several users are on dial-up, we are limiting the size of avatars and signature images. Please follow the guidelines for each.

AVATARS: Avatars are not allowed to be any larger than 125 pixels wide by 125 pixels in height and no larger than 75,000 bytes in size. Any avatar found to exceed these specifications will be removed, with or without prior notice.

SIGNATURE IMAGES: A limit of two images per signature, side by side, not to exceed more than 500 pixels in width nor 250 pixels in height. The total of all images in your signature must be no larger than 100,000 bytes for both images combined. Any signature with images that exceed these specifications will be removed, with or without prior notice.

SIGNATURES: No more than 8 lines of text (including hard returns) on a 1024 x 768 resolution, and no more than 4 colors. Any signature that exceed these specifications will be removed, with or without prior notice.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

bennyl08

Do those same limits on avatars still exist? Have a 414x240 gif that seems to be fine with the initial image as the avatar, but isn't, um, giffing.

1.9 mb total image size.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

colt-45

My Avatar isn't "Giffing" either. I've tried a couple different ones. Saved to my phone and they are animated there, but when I save them in my profile they are just a motionless picture.

Razorbacker79

Are avatars turned off now?  I can't find how to change mine in settings.  What am I missing?
Turn up that damn jukebox!!