Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC suspends Mo Wague for committing a fightin' act

Started by jbcarol, February 22, 2024, 06:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC announces suspension for Alabama basketball player ahead of Kentucky clash
Spenser Davis | 4 minutes ago

QuoteSEC has suspended Alabama basketball player Mohamed Wague for "committing a fighting act" in the Tide's game against Florida earlier this week.

The league wrote in a statement that Wague struck Florida's Alex Condon in the back of the head with his elbow/forearm with 9:25 remaining in the 1st half. As a result of this decision, Wague will miss Alabama's game against Kentucky on Saturday.

SEC's statement also notes that NCAA rules require a 1-game suspension for the next regular season game when a player "commits an act of fighting."

Trey Wallace
@TreyWallace_
Alabama's Mohamed Wague has been suspended one game by the SEC for this elbow during last night's game against Florida

Averages about 10 to 12 minutes per game for Nate Oats.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Nate Oats endorses SEC's suspension of "goon" Mo Wague
by:
Sam Gillenwater

QuoteMohamed Wague earned a suspension from the Southeastern Conference for an elbow that he delivered to the head of an opponent during a win over Florida on Wednesday. Nate Oats has no doubts about it either based on how he has viewed the matter over the past two days.

Oats addressed the incident regarding Wague during his press conference on Friday. He said that he didn't see the action happen during the 98-93 overtime win for Alabama but said he did speak to Wague afterward after it came to his attention. From there, he added that Wague has been apologetic about the matter, even so far as to offer his regret postgame and online.

"I didn't even see the play. I had no idea that it even happened until after the game," said Oats. "But, yeah, I did have a talk with him. It's not something that we do."

He was apparently not at the "wrong place at the wrong time".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net