Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Sanchez...

Started by bwilsongs, April 03, 2005, 03:09:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bwilsongs

C'mon, we all saw this one coming.  Especially after he doubled his home run total last year.  He only hit 1 in 2003, but doubled it in 2004!  No doubt he was juiced.  You just don't get that kind of power surge without being on something.  Be wary Juan Pierre, baseball is coming after you next! 

Razorback Jedi

Welcome to Hogville, The Mystery :-)

Porkahontas

There are steroids that will make a person run faster. Take a look at track and field. Guys busting records left and right, only to be busted later for being juiced.

A guy like Sanchez is going to live or die by his base-stealing ability and his ability to play the outfield more effectively than anyone else. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn he had been taking something that would increase his speed. Without his speed, he's playing AA ball in Iowa City or Topeka.

bwilsongs

April 03, 2005, 08:31:28 pm #3 Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 08:35:06 pm by bwilsongs
Porkahontas, I totally agree with you and understand that there are different types of steroids.  I just think it's funny that all the talk has been about the guys who bulk up or lose 20 pounds in the offseason.  Then they parade McGwire, Sosa and all the home run hitters into the congressional hearings.  Turns out the first guy who is "outed" is a speedster who's hit 4 home runs in 5 seasons.  I find it quite ironic.  Would be just as ironic if a pitcher was the first guy to be "outed".

Amityvillehogger

Looks like the first player has been suspened from the leagues new policy.  Alex Sanchez was his name.  Reported on ESPN.  Figure more will come, but the 10 game suspension is only a slap on the hand.  Could be like Track and Field and be band for life. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Brett Hitman Hog

I think I should get a prize for having him in our MLB league ... as should his owner in the Yahoo League ... for having the first player of the year suspended for the 'Roids.  It's a record of infamy

Amityvillehogger

April 03, 2005, 09:37:01 pm #6 Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 09:43:00 pm by Amityvillehogger
heres the link http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3511480

Sorry, just seen it was already posted on the MLB forum.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Oklahawg

Sanchez had been bothered by a bad hamstring. I bet whatever he took was designed to speed up the healing process.

BTW, on ESPN's game tonight they said that human growth hormone (HGH) is NOT on the banned list. What the...? Stuff is major juice and almost as dangerous. Anyone have any more info on this?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra