Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Changer Coming in 2017

Started by jbcarol, June 16, 2016, 09:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/743595291878776832

Beginning in 2017, college football teams will be able to review game video from electronic devices in the press box and locker room during games.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Potosihog

QuoteBielema took that idea a step further.

"If we scored a touchdown our offensive unit could kind of just run into the locker room and grab a drink of water and maybe stay in there and watch a half a dozen plays, come back on the field before they'd be missed, which would be a huge, huge advantage," Bielema said. "It's the locker room. They just went in to use the facilities.

"I mean that's the part of the SEC that I've begun to know. You're going to take everything that you've given and kind of expand it a little bit."

Two things:
1. The dig at the end about "expanding it a little bit" was interesting.

2. Hopefully this year will be different but last year they wouldn't have had time to get into the locker room.  The defense gave up scores so quickly that the offense would have been running wind sprints to get in there and be back on the field in time for kickoff.  ::)

longpig

Quote from: Potosihog on June 17, 2016, 07:47:24 am
Two things:
1. The dig at the end about "expanding it a little bit" was interesting.

2. Hopefully this year will be different but last year they wouldn't have had time to get into the locker room.  The defense gave up scores so quickly that the offense would have been running wind sprints to get in there and be back on the field in time for kickoff.  ::)

I wouldn't put it past Bielema to verbalize that scenario in effort to get the NCAA to make extra effort in closing future loopholes regarding in game technology.

Don't be scared, be smart.

Josh Goforth

Why not allow this on the sidelines? Also why haven't they given NCAA programs the ability to use in helmet microphones? Set it up with one designated player on offense and defense, it's not like teams can't afford it. I'm pretty sure there are teams that us this in some way already just under the radar.

Paul

Quote from: Josh Goforth on June 18, 2016, 11:46:57 pm
Why not allow this on the sidelines? Also why haven't they given NCAA programs the ability to use in helmet microphones? Set it up with one designated player on offense and defense, it's not like teams can't afford it. I'm pretty sure there are teams that us this in some way already just under the radar.
because Auburn would eaves drop

Pancetta

If they allow it to Bluetooth to a printer then you could print out screen shots in the locker room and run them out to the sideline so I don't see why they don't just let them use it on the sideline.  They'll say it's a cost issue for smaller schools but it would be much cheaper for a small program to make a one time purchase of a few thousand dollars of devices rather than pay food and lodging for an extra staffer or two for every trip(most likely you would have a video analyst and some gophers running printouts in the locker room scenario).  Larger schools are going to do whichever is allowed with cost not being a factor. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta