Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didn't see this on the board

Started by ChromDome35, June 16, 2016, 01:26:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromDome35

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/16/once-committed-to-ucla-ex-texas-c-jake-raulerson-tweets-a-move-on-to-arkansas/

The long, strange journey of Jake Raulerson has apparently come to an end, but not before one final little twist.

After it was announced in January that the Texas graduate transfer would be moving on to UCLA, it was reported earlier this month that he wouldn't be a Bruin after all as he wasn't admitted into his two preferred graduate programs at that school. Subsequent to that, Raulerson posted on Twitter that he had been accepted into SMU's business program, leading most to assume that the Mustangs would be his new home.

What's that saying about the word assume? Again on his Twitter account, Raulerson revealed Wednesday that he has been accepted into Arkansas' business school, seemingly confirming that SMU now had some competition for his services both academically and athletically.

Accepted into Arkansas MBA #WPS pic.twitter.com/tdadbn9Yrx

— Jake from Statefarm (@JakeRaulerson55) June 15, 2016

Less than a day after that posting, Raulerson took to the same social media site Thursday to announce that he will be finishing (presumably) his collegiate career with the Razorbacks.

Welcome to the Razorbacks!!!!

ricepig

Yeah, it's in the recruiting forum, but good news is welcome everywhere.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Scott Marshall

The Razorback football staff has been trying to find an additional center for the 2016 season. They've landed one with an immediate two years of eligibility in graduate transfer Jake Raulerson who recently left the University of Texas.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/football-hogs-add-former-longhorn-center-to-o-line

PLEASE MERGE IF ALREADY POSTED

opineonswine

Well it has already been posted but never too many posts with good news.

Scott Marshall

i must be blind...i didnt see it anywhere?

pigture perfect

Awesome get. Welcome Jake. Glad to have you.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

opineonswine

Vantage 8 dude

Welcome to the greatest family in the world, Jake!!  :razorback: Glad you saw the light and have come over from the "dark side".   ;) :) :D ;D 8) :razorback: :razorback:

ShadowHawg

SamBuckhart

Welcome Jake. Wooo Pig! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

rricha

ricepig

Quote from: rricha on June 17, 2016, 07:01:45 am
can he play

Is your question, is he immediately eligible, or can he come in and contribute? Yes on the first part, we'll find out in August on the last.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rricha on June 17, 2016, 07:01:45 am
can he play

Jake Raulerson's career according to Texas reporting playing time to the NCAA includes 23 games in which he has played and 5 starts. He is right now, the third most experienced player on the O-Line. We better hope that he can play.
Go Hogs Go!

Pigsknuckles

Went shopping for other schools when he lost his starting job at Texas. UCLA, his first choice. denied his post grad application. Visited Oregon and Michigan, and was accepted by SMU. SMU really expected to get him. We really were not on his short list. He has had meniscus surgery, and sports really stout knee braces. Am glad to have anyone with experience, and immediate eligibility, but I will keep my expectations guarded for now.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 17, 2016, 07:12:38 am
Jake Raulerson's career according to Texas reporting playing time to the NCAA includes 23 games in which he has played and 5 starts. He is right now, the third most experienced player on the O-Line. We better hope that he can play.

He was tabbed to be the starting center for the Longhorns this season prior to his departure.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 17, 2016, 08:00:29 am
Went shopping for other schools when he lost his starting job at Texas. UCLA, his first choice. denied his post grad application. Visited Oregon and Michigan, and was accepted by SMU. SMU really expected to get him. We really were not on his short list. He has had meniscus surgery, and sports really stout knee braces. Am glad to have anyone with experience, and immediate eligibility, but I will keep my expectations guarded for now.

He went shopping because he could.

Raulerson is a JC transfer squared. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jackflash

This is a big get for the Hogs and he will play

Oklahawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 17, 2016, 12:23:25 pm
He went shopping because he could.

Raulerson is a JC transfer squared. 

Nice to have a smart transfer with experience - we seem to be chasing headier players so that we can learn quicker, further, and faster than other teams. Cannot dismiss having a player who has already shown to be serviceable at a position but with the raw skillset to possibly fit elsewhere.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 08:14:15 am
He was tabbed to be the starting center for the Longhorns this season prior to his departure.
That's interesting.  Do we know why he chose to leave?

GuvHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 17, 2016, 01:09:55 pm
That's interesting.  Do we know why he chose to leave?

He has already graduated with a Bachelor's degree but apparently they didn't offer the post graduate degree that he wanted. He's been accepted into the Walton School of Business at the U of A to go after his masters degree.

BPsTheMan

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 01:20:11 pm
He has already graduated with a Bachelor's degree but apparently they didn't offer the post graduate degree that he wanted. He's been accepted into the Walton School of Business at the U of A to go after his masters degree.

Hmm.....pretty sure a McCombs MBA would have every available area of study that the Walton MBA does.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 01:35:49 pm
Hmm.....pretty sure a McCombs MBA would have every available area of study that the Walton MBA does.

Maybe so but my point is he didn't leave because he lost his starting job, he didn't lose it. He left because he wanted to study in another university MBA school.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 17, 2016, 12:56:41 pm
Nice to have a smart transfer with experience - we seem to be chasing headier players so that we can learn quicker, further, and faster than other teams. Cannot dismiss having a player who has already shown to be serviceable at a position but with the raw skillset to possibly fit elsewhere.

This player started five games at center for the Texas Longhorns. That's a bit more than "serviceable" or "raw skillset".  And he has two years left.

If Raulerson allows Ragnow to move back to guard this line just moved up in class.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 02:27:03 pm
Maybe so but my point is he didn't leave because he lost his starting job, he didn't lose it. He left because he wanted to study in another university MBA school.

I think he left because he wanted to play somewhere else, more than attending another MBA program. McCombs is higher rated than Walton.

Though I am not well versed, I do not remember an active Longhorn transferring to the Hogs or a Hog transferring to the longhorns

OLjunkie

This is the net of what I have heard from the Texas side.

Was a Mack Brown recruit that was thrown in too early as a 275lb RS Freshman in 2014 due to an injury to a 5th year Senior. Started 5 games and then replaced by a 300lb RS Junior. Played behind him the rest of the year.  Started RT in the Alamo bowl and had 2 false start penalties on the edge.  OL coach got pissed and pulled him and that was the last time he saw the field at Texas aside from 15 plays against Kansas. Played behind 5th year senior in 2015.

Worked hard, gained quality weight to 304 and earned the right to transfer anywhere not on Texas's schedule by graduating early.  Has a chip on his shoulder as the Texas faithful turned on him when he announced his transfer. This is primarily a football decision for him. He never applied to Texas graduate school.

Bacons Rebellion

A Longhorn transfer. It's like rescuing someone after he scales the Berlin Wall. Or a North Korean who tunnels under the DMZ. I like it.

WilsonHog

This is the definition of a win-win. Jake gets a re-start on his college football career playing for a position coach who has been in the NFL and a head coach known for getting offensive linemen drafted. We get a kid who by all accounts is a terrific young man and who will help immediately on our o-line.

bphi11ips

Quote from: OLjunkie on June 17, 2016, 05:14:38 pm

Was a Mack Brown recruit that was thrown in too early as a 275lb RS Freshman in 2014 due to an injury to a 5th year Senior. Started 5 games and then replaced by a 300lb RS Junior. Played behind him the rest of the year.  Started RT in the Alamo bowl and had 2 false start penalties on the edge.  OL coach got pissed and pulled him and that was the last time he saw the field at Texas aside from 15 plays against Kansas. Played behind 5th year senior in 2015.

Worked hard, gained quality weight to 304 and earned the right to transfer anywhere not on Texas's schedule by graduating early.  Has a chip on his shoulder as the Texas faithful turned on him when he announced his transfer. This is primarily a football decision for him. He never applied to Texas graduate school.

Thanks for signing up and sharing.  Occassionally Hogville is still worth reading.

longpig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 01:20:11 pm

Isn't that how you qualify for an easy graduate transfer, say your school doesn't have the program you want?
Don't be scared, be smart.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 04:52:55 pm
I think he left because he wanted to play somewhere else, more than attending another MBA program. McCombs is higher rated than Walton.

I believe the NCAA rule is a player can only transfer after graduating if his current school doesn't offer the post graduate degree he wants or if he's not accepted to the MBA school at his current University.

OLjunkie

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2016, 06:18:26 pm
I believe the NCAA rule is a player can only transfer after graduating if his current school doesn't offer the post graduate degree he wants or if he's not accepted to the MBA school at his current University.

That rule only applies to players that have already transferred once.  If a player graduates from the school that he originally enrolled in, he is free to go anywhere outside of the original schools following year schedule.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OLjunkie on June 17, 2016, 06:44:52 pm
That rule only applies to players that have already transferred once.  If a player graduates from the school that he originally enrolled in, he is free to go anywhere outside of the original schools following year schedule.

Check your Personal Messages.
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 17, 2016, 04:49:06 pm
This player started five games at center for the Texas Longhorns. That's a bit more than "serviceable" or "raw skillset".  And he has two years left.

If Raulerson allows Ragnow to move back to guard this line just moved up in class.

I didn't mean to sound like I was low-balling the addition.

Great insight. Thanks for being here!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

lumphog

Thanks Dude

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Kurt?