Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs record going into Alabama game

Started by Rzback, June 16, 2016, 05:41:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the Hogs record will be going into the Alabama game?

1-4
2-3
3-2
4-1
5-0

Rzback

I'm hoping for 5-0. Hate it when we lose to a non-conference opponent early in the season and burst my hopes for the rest of the season. In Broyles day we seldom lost to a non-conference team during the season, bowl games are another story. Didn't realize at the time how average the SWC was, even though I had SEC friends that tried to tell me how brutal the SEC can be.  :razorback:
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

jdelo77

4-1 , TCU will be a good measuring stick for this team , they hand lost lots on offense and we have holes so , win this we go 5-0 , if not we go 4-1 ! We get A&M this year

Rzback

TCU does not seem to have down years, always tough, hope we get or are that way
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Terryproy

Depends on how the OL develops, the left side of the OL needs to improve. The right side Safety and cornerback need to improve also on the defense. I'm hoping 5-0 . This is the year the Hogs beat Bama 31-28. WooPig

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Rzback on June 16, 2016, 07:31:26 am

Their first or second year in the big 12 they were terrible.

Hogwild

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 16, 2016, 07:56:10 am
Their first or second year in the big 12 they were terrible.

To be fair they were a preseason Top 20 team, but their 5th senior QB broke his collar bone in the season opener against LSU and was out for the season. (I remember this because the QB was a recovering drug user, and I was wondering how do they medicate him for surgery)

Then with a true freshman at QB they would lose to OU, Baylor, & West Virginia by a combined 9 points.

VirginiaHog

4 -1 or 5-0. Heart says 5-0 but i voted 4-1 in the poll. Too easy to slip up once.

Bacon_Bitz

They were 4-8 in 2013, 7-6 in 2012 (but yes, they are 70-8 otherwise since 2008).

We'll be 5-0.

TUSKtimes

ESPN is putting the Razorbacks in the cellar. I think the physical nature of the team will not allow that. Bielema's attention to the LOS and toughness always seems to translate well in November.

GuvHog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 16, 2016, 11:03:26 am
They were 4-8 in 2013, 7-6 in 2012 (but yes, they are 70-8 otherwise since 2008).

We'll be 5-0.

Agreed. They've lost a a lot of starters on both sides of the ball from last years team so this won't be one of their better years. Hogs beat TCU comfortably and start 5-0.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MissippHog

Invalid poll.......no frito pie option.

hogcard1964

We'll lose one or two we shouldn't lose and win one or two we shouldn't win.

phadedhawg

Until Arkansas demonstrates they can start strong I would feel foolish betting that they do.

TCU will be a tough out and A&M seems to have our number recently...

3-2

Hogwild

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 16, 2016, 11:17:12 am
Bielema's attention to the LOS and toughness always seems to translate well in November.

I hope you are right, because we are going to need it this year. 

Best front 7 defenses in 2016 according to ESPN- 1) Florida  2) LSU  3) Alabama
(that's for the entire country not just the SEC)

Rzback

over 75% think we will be at least 4-1, what rank would 4-1 or 5-0 probably have us against Alabama?

goodguytex

We have an excellent shot at starting 5-0, but 3-2 is very much consistent with the last 2 years early season performance. Hopefully we can be successful early. We will see.

HiggiePiggy

It is nice that we do have a OC and DC returning and even though Austin is new starter he has been learning the system for a little over a year now. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

lefty08

Haha, if we were losing all of what TCU is losing, people would be predicting 3 wins for us on here

I have no idea what happened to the optimism of this board, it wasn't like this just a few years ago, and we are arguably in a better position now than we have been since joining the SEC

Arkansas beats TCU comfortably on the road, I'm more scared about the aggie game
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

GuvHog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 17, 2016, 06:45:52 am
Haha, if we were losing all of what TCU is losing, people would be predicting 3 wins for us on here

I have no idea what happened to the optimism of this board, it wasn't like this just a few years ago, and we are arguably in a better position now than we have been since joining the SEC

Arkansas beats TCU comfortably on the road, I'm more scared about the aggie game

Agreed. Aggies defense is pretty loaded and that makes me nervous about that game.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rzback

nchogg

We will be 5-0 and be seasoned enough to beat A&M. You heard it from nchogg who is no longer in North Carolina.

Justagp

Quote from: lefty08 on June 17, 2016, 06:45:52 am

Maybe it has to do with losing to Toledo and Texas Tech last year...

lefty08

Quote from: Justagp on June 17, 2016, 05:57:29 pm
Maybe it has to do with losing to Toledo and Texas Tech last year...

That same team was tore up with key injuries, and went 5-3 in the SEC. ........
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

GuvHog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 17, 2016, 08:38:35 pm

......And had it not been for a couple of late in the game mishaps, they would have gone 7-1.

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 17, 2016, 08:38:35 pm

Doesn't matter when you go 7-5. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Bionic_Pig

TCU is not SMU they are 95% of the time lethal at home. 

We win if they can't hold our Running Game to under 175
We lose if we can't establish the run.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on June 18, 2016, 04:23:21 pm
TCU is not SMU they are 95% of the time lethal at home. 

We win if they can't hold our Running Game to under 175
We lose if we can't establish the run.

This year may be part of that other 5% of the time because they lost a lot off of last years team.

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 18, 2016, 03:44:56 pm
Doesn't matter when you go 7-5.

Are you going to give credit to the site you pulled that info off of?

Might wanna mention it

Many would say those losses don't matter when you win in conference.....

longpig

Undefeated going into the Bama game, undefeated coming out, lil Lane's remote control QB offense has run it's course.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 18, 2016, 11:11:41 pm
Are you going to give credit to the site you pulled that info off of?

Might wanna mention it

Many would say those losses don't matter when you win in conference.....

wut
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Kig

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 17, 2016, 12:15:28 pm
5-0, No. 10.

We only sniff the top 10 if we are 6-0 after Bama...  Just too much ground to cover.
Poker Porker

31to6

They lost 14 games combined in 2012 & 2013. Putting on big boy pants in the Big-12 really forced them to re-tool.

The thing is nobody pays attention except when they are winning.

Running teams are not exactly their "kryptonite" but it is a valid formula to win against them.

I think we just don't know about TCU. They lost a ridiculous athlete at QB which means they will probably take a step back on offense. The question is, will that be enough.

I just don't know if AA will be ready to put the game on his shoulders win a shoot-out that early in the season. Some defensive help will be required.

If we are 5-0 going into Alabama, it will be a special season.

I think we split aTm and TCU and start 4-1.... a start which will be very positive as we tend to finish strong under CBB.

GuvHog

Quote from: 31to6 on June 20, 2016, 10:02:44 am
They lost 14 games combined in 2012 & 2013. Putting on big boy pants in the Big-12 really forced them to re-tool.

The thing is nobody pays attention except when they are winning.

Running teams are not exactly their "kryptonite" but it is a valid formula to win against them.

I think we just don't know about TCU. They lost a ridiculous athlete at QB which means they will probably take a step back on offense. The question is, will that be enough.

I just don't know if AA will be ready to put the game on his shoulders win a shoot-out that early in the season. Some defensive help will be required.

If we are 5-0 going into Alabama, it will be a special season.

I think we split aTm and TCU and start 4-1.... a start which will be very positive as we tend to finish strong under CBB.

TCU lost a whole lot more than just their QB. They lost a lot on both sides of the ball.

go hogues

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 11:05:50 am
TCU lost a whole lot more than just their QB. They lost a lot on both sides of the ball.
It's not like they are inheriting a slouch at qb. Kenny Trill has beaten us once before.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GuvHog

Quote from: go hogues on June 20, 2016, 12:59:48 pm
It's not like they are inheriting a slouch at qb. Kenny Trill has beaten us once before.

He didn't exactly set the world on fire doing it and he had a whole lot of help from team mates. He won't have near as much help this time.

31to6

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 11:05:50 am
I agree. The reason I singled out the QB is that a SR QB with 4200 yards of total offense and 40 TD's is going to be the hardest thing for them to replace.

They gave up a lot of points to some teams last year and I think their defense is much softer than it has been in years past.

We will see how they do without a ridiculous athlete at QB.

hogcard1964

Quote from: goodguytex on June 16, 2016, 08:45:28 pm
We have an excellent shot at starting 5-0, but 3-2 is very much consistent with the last 2 years early season performance. Hopefully we can be successful early. We will see.

This is more like it.  Again, we're more than likely going to drop an early non con game and then beat someone we shouldn't.  I'm guessing Texas A & M.

DiamondHogFan

I'm hoping the TCU game looks a lot like the Texas Tech game in Lubbock 2 years ago.  I think we will see a heavy dose of Kody Walker/RWIII/Whaley.  Hopefully Austin doesn't have to do much the first few games, but I believe he can win us games if need be.

GolfnHog

TCU even with their losses at key positions gives me more heartburn than the Aggies. The Hogs have beaten themselves against the Aggies more than the Ags beat us the last couple of years. I think that issue will fix itself this year.

The Horned Frogs on the other hand get us at their place and it will be a feather in the Big12-2 for them to upend the Hogs. As was mentioned by another poster we'll need a ground and pound like in Lubbock 2yrs ago.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"