Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$85 Ticket Prices for Lower Level SEC Games in Fayetteville

Started by moses_007, June 12, 2016, 11:27:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

The U of A is raising ticket prices 55 percent, from $55 to $85, for SEC games on its lower level this fall.

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/6/9/11898852/arkansas-football-ticket-prices-2016

Will you gladly pay $85 a ticket?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: moses_007 on June 12, 2016, 11:27:36 pm
The U of A is raising ticket prices 55 percent, from $55 to $85, for SEC games on its lower level this fall.

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/6/9/11898852/arkansas-football-ticket-prices-2016

nope. but i'll gladly snag up cheap ones on stub hub. ya'll crazy for paying that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

3kgthog

All to fund an unnecessary NEZ expansion that's wanted only by a very small percentage of the total season ticket holder base.

We'll eventually be a 7-8 win team with 12 win team prices and a half empty end zone and upper deck. But at least the upper crust will get their indoor club seats featuring the worst view in the house.

factchecker

Those looking to buy individual tickets to any of our SEC home games may be soon out of luck.

QuoteArkansas is promoting its 2016 home football schedule as its best ever and fans are responding.
Despite an increase in most ticket prices, the Razorbacks have already eclipsed their season ticket sales from last season. Arkansas has sold 50,102 season tickets to 9,588 accounts as of Tuesday.

Season ticket sales last season were 47,303 to 9,508 accounts.
Single tickets for the Oct. 8 game against Alabama and Nov. 12 game against LSU are sold-out after Razorback Foundation donors were given priority purchase access Monday, said Chris Freet, a senior associate athletics director at Arkansas

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/07/sec-games-near-sellouts-arkansas-season-ticket-sal/

Plenty of people are willing to pay the increased ticket price.  Lets not forget that the upper level (500s) ticket price was decreased as well.  Also, you can buy some pretty good seats for the WMS game for only $35.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 13, 2016, 12:14:05 am
All to fund an unnecessary NEZ expansion that's wanted only by a very small percentage of the total season ticket holder base.

We'll eventually be a 7-8 win team with 12 win team prices and a half empty end zone and upper deck. But at least the upper crust will get their indoor club seats featuring the worst view in the house.

The upper deck tickets are cheaper now so those should be filled to the brim according to you.

I guarantee that we are still one of the cheaper tickets in the SEC.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 12, 2016, 11:55:01 pm
nope. but i'll gladly snag up cheap ones on stub hub. ya'll crazy for paying that.

You better hope we aren't good then... the cheapest ticket to our first SEC home game (lower level) is $115 on StubHub.  Those tickets will double in value if we find some way to shock TCU (and the rest of the world) and start 5-0.  Upper level tickets are higher than $85 now on StubHub.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

For those who are still wanting to buy single game tickets here are the prices through the Razorback Ticket Office-

For our season opener vs. La Tech:
Upper Level (500s) - $35.00   
Pig Heaven (chairback)- $45.00
Lower Level- $55.00  (there is about 150 tickets left in the lower level)

Tickets for the Texas State game follow the same model- $35, $45, $55

Alcorn in WMS tickets:

$35 for all non-donation seats - sections 11, 15-21, 31-33, 38 still have tickets available

For the available SEC home game tickets the model is $55, $65, $85 (upper, pig heaven, lower).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Pay more than that now. Also, if you want cheaper tickets, buy season tickets, pretty simple. Did you buy any, or just complaining?

ricepig

I wish they'd charge you a whining fee for yours, if you actually buy any.

nwahogfan1

They want to build for several reasons but most of the costs will be paid by big boasters just like most of our government programs are paid for by big earners. 

hobhog

I'm paying more than that for seats at TCU stadium. What's the norm around SEC venues?

jry04

I thought SEC games were $65 last year?

I have season tickets, so I don't really know what the individual tickets go for.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 12, 2016, 11:55:01 pm
85 is for lower level. You won't find a  LL SEC ticket for less than that on stub hub. You may find an upper deck for cheap, but  LL to LSU, Alabama, and UF will go for $90+ unless we lose 3-4 games before we every play a home SEC game.

Hogtropolis™

So is this the price going forward?  Will it be the season ticket cost for next year or is it for single game tickets only?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 13, 2016, 10:04:47 am
So is this the price going forward?  Will it be the season ticket cost for next year or is it for single game tickets only?

I would say it's the price this year for single game tickets. I doubt they have back to back year's of increases, unless we win a natty.......

Jim Harris

so basically the story put out by UA that they would look at lowering prices for the upper deck seats was a bit of a bait and switch. In actuality, they are raising the conference price lower level seats to $85 and keeping the upper deck at $55 (no lowering at all, just not raising them to the lower level price point). Arkansas better figure out how to make the game-day experience really special to come up there for the games NOT against Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Florida. Sure, they'll get the usual 55,000-60,000 for most games including the opener, and sellouts for Alabama and LSU. I'm sure the beancounters have signed off on all that and it doesn't matter how many empty seats there are in the upperdeck and the lower corners for Texas State or LaTech. Great year from Jeff Long's POV to raise ticket prices substantially in the lower decks.

By the way, we're paying $105 a ticket for Arkansas's game at TCU. $100 a ticket at Auburn. "Only" $55 a ticket at Starkvegas.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Inhogswetrust

Heck mine have been a more than that for years..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jim Harris on June 13, 2016, 10:18:06 am
so basically the story put out by UA that they would look at lowering prices for the upper deck seats was a bit of a bait and switch. In actuality, they are raising the conference price lower level seats to $85 and keeping the upper deck at $55 (no lowering at all, just not raising them to the lower level price point). Arkansas better figure out how to make the game-day experience really special to come up there for the games NOT against Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss or Florida. Sure, they'll get the usual 55,000-60,000 for most games including the opener, and sellouts for Alabama and LSU. I'm sure the beancounters have signed off on all that and it doesn't matter how many empty seats there are in the upperdeck and the lower corners for Texas State or LaTech. Great year from Jeff Long's POV to raise ticket prices substantially in the lower decks.

By the way, we're paying $105 a ticket for Arkansas's game at TCU. $100 a ticket at Auburn. "Only" $55 a ticket at Starkvegas.

Then it looks like two out of three times $85 is a bargain!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Jim Harris on June 13, 2016, 10:18:06 am

They said season ticket prices would be lower in the upper deck, did they mention single games? Why shouldn't season ticket holders get a break over those who cherry pick a game or two?

cosmodrum

We finally get a good home slate, so they extort season ticket holders.

Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2016, 10:58:46 am

You could have switched to the upper deck and saved money. 8)

Pig in the Pokey

upper deck ticket prices were $8-15 last year. was great. Went to 3 games and never even sat up there LMAO  :P
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on June 13, 2016, 12:28:47 am
You better hope we aren't good then... the cheapest ticket to our first SEC home game (lower level) is $115 on StubHub.  Those tickets will double in value if we find some way to shock TCU (and the rest of the world) and start 5-0.  Upper level tickets are higher than $85 now on StubHub.
i always sit wherever I end up. I know ushers all over that stadium. I get not everyone can do that but the Hog Heaven seats are pretty good. I like the South endzone and the east side small outdoor clubs. i usually sit there.

My point was more if I'm paying $85, did they raise the clubs? B/c $125 club is a great seat.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 13, 2016, 11:31:05 am
i always sit wherever I end up. I know ushers all over that stadium. I get not everyone can do that but the Hog Heaven seats are pretty good. I like the South endzone and the east side small outdoor clubs. i usually sit there.

My point was more if I'm paying $85, did they raise the clubs? B/c $125 club is a great seat.

You must know a lot of grandmother's and grandfather's then.......and yes, club seats were raised.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 11:36:06 am
You must know a lot of grandmother's and grandfather's then.......and yes, club seats were raised.
2 young , 2 old i can think of right now. sometimes it's hard to find a "soft spot", them grey hairs are good guards.

woodhog14

What cracks me up about people on here when it comes to our program is that they want to be a big time program. To be a big time program you have to have money. Tickets are a large portion of revenue. People want to be a big time program, but I guess forget that to do that, you need money. As soon as ticket prices are raised, people complain and moan. It's funny. Can't have it both ways.

ricepig

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 13, 2016, 01:19:08 pm
What cracks me up about people on here when it comes to our program is that they want to be a big time program. To be a big time program you have to have money. Tickets are a large portion of revenue. People want to be a big time program, but I guess forget that to do that, you need money. As soon as ticket prices are raised, people complain and moan. It's funny. Can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I wonder how many of them are the first to post, "pay him the money to keep him", yet complain about prices?

ricepig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 13, 2016, 01:28:40 pm
Folks, you can make it 200 bucks a ticket and pay whatever you want. Arkansas ain't gonna be Alabama.

I don't think anyone compared us to them, except you.

cosmodrum

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 13, 2016, 01:19:08 pm

You just said the same thing several times in one sentence. You could've stopped after the second sentence.

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 01:30:52 pm
I don't think anyone compared us to them, except you.

He used them as an example of a "big time program," and he's right. We could charge whatever we want for tickets. It's not going to make us a big time program. Recruits make a big time program. Money can help get some talent (practice facilities, players lounge, etc) but it's not going to give you a serious boost, unless you use that money like Ole Miss.

We aren't, and will never be, a big time program. Certainly not in the SEC, at least...
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2016, 01:33:55 pm
He used them as an example of a "big time program," and he's right. We could charge whatever we want for tickets. It's not going to make us a big time program. Recruits make a big time program. Money can help get some talent (practice facilities, players lounge, etc) but it's not going to give you a serious boost, unless you use that money like Ole Miss.

We aren't, and will never be, a big time program. Certainly not in the SEC, at least...

Ok, thanks, I won't ever watch again.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 01:35:16 pm
Ok, thanks, I won't ever watch again.

I didn't tell you to quit watching. I'm going to keep watching and cheering, but I know what we are, and I know what we aren't.
Go away, batin'

LRHawg

I bought Florida and Ole Miss tickets when the single-game tickets went on sale. I am STOKED.

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2016, 01:38:00 pm
I didn't tell you to quit watching. I'm going to keep watching and cheering, but I know what we are, and I know what we aren't.

I've been watching since 1965 and attending games since 1967, I'm fully aware of our potential and limitations as a program. He said those who complain about prices are the ones who claim we have to do XYZ to run with the big boys, I agreed.

The Kig

My daughter goes to Bama and I would GLADLY pay $85 to see the Hogs play there.  Lower Level for a good SEC game?  Yeah, $85 is a bargain.
Poker Porker

cosmodrum

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 01:56:14 pm
I've been watching since 1965 and attending games since 1967, I'm fully aware of our potential and limitations as a program. He said those who complain about prices are the ones who claim we have to do XYZ to run with the big boys, I agreed.

That may be true. I'm sure some that complain about prices make those claims.
Go away, batin'

JaketheSnake

Great programs cost money.  You dont spend money on a Kia and expect it to last and perform like a Lexus.  If you want the Hogs to have the ability to recruit with the best, they need the funds. 

woodhog14

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 01:21:02 pm
Yeah, I wonder how many of them are the first to post, "pay him the money to keep him", yet complain about prices?

Exactly! Cracks me up...

clutch

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 13, 2016, 02:27:57 pm
That's because its before the game. I doubt you'll be stoked after those games. However, I am jealous. I just can't afford that.

How can you be so down on the team before August even hits? The Hogs have trended up the past few years from what was a really bad place. What more do you want?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: JaketheSnake on June 13, 2016, 02:42:50 pm
Great programs cost money.  You dont spend money on a Kia and expect it to last and perform like a Lexus.  If you want the Hogs to have the ability to recruit with the best, they need the funds.

Kias retain their value much better than Lexii. You get a much better return on your money spending it on Kia upkeep.

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 13, 2016, 07:38:16 pm
Kias retain their value much better than Lexii. You get a much better return on your money spending it on Kia upkeep.

But if you can't get the chicks with a Kia, what are you to do?

(notOM)Rebel123

If you don't like the ticket prices, don't go. Pretty simple.
Do you go on social media & complain about the price of steaks at the grocery store? No, you just opt for the chicken or pork chops & fire up the grill.

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hollywood_HOGan45

We have been getting a bargain for years.

Ticket prices at Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have been much higher than 55.00 for quite a while.

We won't ever be Alabama or Florida but we can be a consistent program that reaches the top ten once in a while if we keep CBB here and happy.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 13, 2016, 10:58:46 am

Did season ticket prices go up for the lower bowl and upper deck?  Clueless.  Why does any non-season ticket holder care what I pay for my ticket? If you couldn't afford $55, chances are you can't afford $85.  For those few (probably less than 100) that the $30 difference will push over the edge, I'm sorry, life isn't fair. 

If Trump were AD he would charge $300, Bernie would give it away.   Either way, people will gripe.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 13, 2016, 09:26:19 pm
For a family of 4, that adds 120 bucks.

To expand a stadium that doesn't need expanding.....for a team that consistently loses to the Toledos, Louisiana monroes, and Rutgers of the world.

The way to halt price increases is to stop buying the product.
But I do agree the stadium expansion proposal needs to be put on hold, for now.

WilsonHog

It all comes down to choices and opportunity cost.

My wife and I love to eat out. If we want a great dinner experience, I know on the front end that we'll have to pay $150 to $200, at a minimum. Can I do that every weekend? No, but I can every three or four weeks.

Similarly, I know Razorback football is going to cost me about $4,000 every spring. That has to be planned for. I know that four or five times in the fall, it's I'm going to spend $500 a weekend. That's just the cost of it. Does it keep me from doing other things that I might enjoy just as much? Yeah, I'm sure it does, but Razorback football is what I do.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 13, 2016, 09:26:19 pm
For a family of 4, that adds 120 bucks.

To expand a stadium that doesn't need expanding.....for a team that consistently loses to the Toledos, Louisiana monroes, and Rutgers of the world. It's rediculous.

You've pissed and moaned about not being able to afford tickets here for years. You've even been on here asking for free tickets. We get it. You can't afford to go at pretty much any price yet want to bitch about it. Stay home and go watch Pioneer football on Friday nights and watch the Hogs on the tube.

WilsonHog

I'm pretty sure the days of taking a family of four to a Razorback football game for $60 ended before I was old enough to buy season tickets, and that was 31 years ago.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WilsonHog on June 13, 2016, 10:02:36 pm
I'm pretty sure the days of taking a family of four to a Razorback football game for $60 ended before I was old enough to buy season tickets, and that was 31 years ago.

Ha! Exactly.
"Welcome to the '90's, Mr. Banks."

https://youtu.be/N52M3TN9KDo

ImHogginIt

There are $35 upperdeck tickets still available for La Tech and Alcorn as well as $55 upperdeck tickets available for Ole Miss and Florida. Of course some people are too proud to sit in the upperdeck yet complain about $85 lower level  ;D

Have some of you priced concert tickets the past decade ? Hog football is a bargain compared to a lot of them.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 13, 2016, 11:04:05 pm
There are $35 upperdeck tickets still available for La Tech and Alcorn as well as $55 upperdeck tickets available for Ole Miss and Florida. Of course some people are too proud to sit in the upperdeck yet complain about $85 lower level  ;D

Have some of you priced concert tickets the past decade ? Hog football is a bargain compared to a lot of them.

The view from up high is great. If I could have my choice of seat, along with concession options, it would be front row Pig Heaven between the 40's.