Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Jones (on the Buzz?)

Started by Sho Nuff, June 10, 2016, 01:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

I like matt, but what few times I actually have listened it just made me laugh and remember the old skit on SNL The Chris Farley Show

Caller:  Hi matt, do you remember that time you scored that touchdown?

Matt:  uhhhhh, yeah

Caller:  That was awesome!
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 12, 2016, 01:46:49 pm
So the rumors of your combined 250k salary are false?  Of course TV is the big money.  :) 

♫♫"money for nothin, and chicks for free"♫♫.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

clutch

Quote from: lefty08 on June 14, 2016, 06:41:27 am
If you listen from 12 to 1 you will hear non sports related topics, the other 2 hours are all sports

I guess that might explain the problem then. I used to always listen when I was going to grab lunch, which was usually between 12-1.

Ted77

local radio personalities don't make as much as you think.  Many of them are there because they love radio as a medium and the owners and station managers can take advantage of that when salary negotiations come up.  It's usually just cheaper to get a contract for one of the nationally syndicated guys.  Unfortunately that's who the local guys are competing against.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 11, 2016, 05:05:11 pm
Why the perceived hate on Matt Jones? 

The most exciting player to ever don a Hog uniform, at least in my opinion. What you may perceive as hate is actually bitter disappointment by many here who looked forward to watching Matt Jones perform, to his abilities, at the pro level. Unfortunately, poor life choices, and a lackadaisical work ethic dashed that dream.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 14, 2016, 02:12:32 pm
The most exciting player to ever don a Hog uniform, at least in my opinion. What you may perceive as hate is actually bitter disappointment by many here who looked forward to watching Matt Jones perform, to his abilities, at the pro level. Unfortunately, poor life choices, and a lackadaisical work ethic dashed that dream.
Johnny Manziel says hello.......... (I think this theme can be played out at many schools... uhhh... we simply aren't the sole owners of this scenario.........)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pigsknuckles

I would be reluctant to make comparisons to Manziel, especially at the personality level. However, in the end, I guess the result is the same.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

John Nabors

Quote from: westside_player on June 12, 2016, 08:19:13 am
Depends which ones, Rainwater and Tommy smith probably well over 100k. Schapp I would guess 40-50k. Acri I don't know b/c his show sucks and it's off peak listening hours, but he's the director or something. The little side kick people I would guess 30-60k

I wish us radio guys made that much. I'm over here with Ramen noodles & flak seed
Twitter: @RushJohnNabors

www.hitthatline.com

Porked Tongue

Quote from: John Nabors on June 15, 2016, 03:54:14 pm
I wish us radio guys made that much. I'm over here with Ramen noodles & flak seed
You're overpaid then.

John Nabors

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 15, 2016, 03:59:28 pm
You're overpaid then.

Flak seed was added as a Christmas bonus

www.hitthatline.com

Inhogswetrust

June 15, 2016, 04:19:54 pm #60 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:51:06 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: John Nabors on June 15, 2016, 03:54:14 pm

Don't ask one of those poor professors for food you and Mike were talking about. They can't help you since they're flat broke.......................HAHA!

P.S. Great interview with Mike. Nailed it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Justagp

Quote from: LZH on June 11, 2016, 12:48:45 pm

That's a pretty low blow......

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 11, 2016, 05:09:27 pm
Crossed the line...

Both of you - quite clever...

John Nabors

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 15, 2016, 04:19:54 pm
Don't ask one of those poor professors for food you and Mike were talking about. They can't help you since they're flat broke.......................HAHA!

P.S. Great interview with Mike. Nailed it (pardon the pun).

Ha thanks. Mike is easy. I just figure out the topics that set him off. Set it up. Lob a softball and let him hit it out of the park.

www.hitthatline.com

BirmingHam

Quote from: Justagp on June 15, 2016, 05:17:56 pm
Quote from: LZH on June 11, 2016, 12:48:45 pm

That's a pretty low blow......

Both of you - quite clever...

So, if MJ took the Coke/Pepsi challenge which do think he would pick.  Coke by a nose.

Dr. Starcs

^^^

You're out of "line"

26.2Hog

thebignasty

Flak seed must be pretty painful.

BigD94

Matt Jones was one of the most exciting Razorbacks to watch. But he is terrible on the radio. Does not seem to care about anything. I remember a few months ago Trey was talking about Baum Stadium's 20th anniversary. Matt chimed in and said "Baum Stadium? Is that up in Fayetteville?"
WOO PIG!

WooPig90

Torqued pork

Quote from: BigD94 on June 16, 2016, 08:12:24 am
Matt Jones was one of the most exciting Razorbacks to watch. But he is terrible on the radio. Does not seem to care about anything. I remember a few months ago Trey was talking about Baum Stadium's 20th anniversary. Matt chimed in and said "Baum Stadium? Is that up in Fayetteville?"
You can be a slacker in Arkansas and make a decent living when you're THE Matt Jones. He was and is the Elvis of Arkansas football.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BigD94 on June 16, 2016, 08:12:24 am
If it was named Bong Stadium, he'd be on the front roooooooooooow...

hoglady

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 11, 2016, 05:05:11 pm
Why the perceived hate on Matt Jones? 

I don't hate Matt Jones, but I'm pretty critical of him at times as a radio host.
He doesn't do his homework and ill prepared many times to discuss topics of the day.
Sometimes I think he knows more about soccer than Hog sports.
I like listening to him during football season because he does have good insight about the games and isn't afraid to be critical.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

John Snow

Does anybody know which radio station  drive time sports is on up in Fayetteville? It used to be on 1190 am the fan  but not anymore.

MikePiazza

Quote from: John Snow on July 06, 2016, 10:04:42 am
Does anybody know which radio station  drive time sports is on up in Fayetteville? It used to be on 1190 am the fan  but not anymore.

It's not on in Fayetteville.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hawganatic

Quote from: hoglady on June 18, 2016, 11:50:42 am
I don't hate Matt Jones, but I'm pretty critical of him at times as a radio host.
He doesn't do his homework and ill prepared many times to discuss topics of the day.
Sometimes I think he knows more about soccer than Hog sports.
I like listening to him during football season because he does have good insight about the games and isn't afraid to be critical.

Because he doesn't have any training or development for it.  They probably just gave him a mic and let him loose with nobody to mentor him.

Broadcasting is like everything else.  Have to develop and work on your craft.

jusgtohogs

Quote from: MikePiazza on July 06, 2016, 10:44:02 am
It's not on in Fayetteville.

Actually, it is, on 1590 AM

MikePiazza

Quote from: jusgtohogs on July 06, 2016, 02:27:50 pm
Actually, it is, on 1590 AM

Ah, well I don't listen to AM radio so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the heads up though.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Tulrazorback

John Snow

I caught the end of the OT show but I heard that today was Matt Jones last day working  for 103.7 the Buzz  ending his monday thru Friday on air radio gig   with Trey Schapp .                                               Bring back Bo Mattingly show to the 103.7  with his show in Little Rock its  reach is really poor  with a hard to hear  93.7 fm radio station that has static or nothing on randomly all over Little Rock and the AM station from Benton has the same issues.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 13, 2016, 09:41:02 pm
My guess is that Bo Mattingly is probably the highest paid sports guy in the state and that is because he owns his own show and his production company.
AND it's worth listening to.

Justagp

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 13, 2016, 09:41:02 pm
My guess is that Bo Mattingly is probably the highest paid sports guy in the state and that is because he owns his own show and his production company.

Whatever happened to Bo's Being Bret Bielema?

mhsbc59

I'll admit my problem with Matt Jones work is ethic or lack there of.  He was able to slide by on talent alone in college got worshiped as a God. When if you measured the amount of plays against the amount of bone head mistakes it evens out.  If he had any other prospects he would not be doing radio in Arkansas. He knows that most people will give let him slide by so that's all he care to do.  That is how I see it anyway I could be wrong but until proven wrong I'll hang up and not listen to the buzz.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Justagp on July 15, 2016, 09:26:26 pm
Whatever happened to Bo's Being Bret Bielema?
They are still working on it. It is looking like they are going to release some more clips in August and they have hinted that they are going to be longer which I have wanted from the beginning. Hopefully they can do a couple episodes at about 30 minutes each.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Dr. Starcs

Are you saying Bo's show was a little short?

LRrazorback

Quote from: John Snow on July 15, 2016, 07:31:46 pm
I caught the end of the OT show but I heard that today was Matt Jones last day working  for 103.7 the Buzz  ending his monday thru Friday on air radio gig   with Trey Schapp .                                               Bring back Bo Mattingly show to the 103.7  with his show in Little Rock its  reach is really poor  with a hard to hear  93.7 fm radio station that has static or nothing on randomly all over Little Rock and the AM station from Benton has the same issues.

Why is he leaving?  New job, fired, etc?

rhames

In rolling with laughter thar someone thinks Tommy Smith and Randy Rainwater make over 100k

Those dudes don't make too much doing radio. I'm sure it is decent but no where near that.  That's why the do endorsements for local places.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

TechHawg

I don't have a link, but I heard I think in one of Bielema's media day interviews that ESPNU is going to be airing Being Bret Bielema.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: rhames on July 16, 2016, 04:04:34 pm
In rolling with laughter thar someone thinks Tommy Smith and Randy Rainwater make over 100k

Those dudes don't make too much doing radio. I'm sure it is decent but no where near that.  That's why the do endorsements for local places.
Rainwater makes close to that.

AirWarren

Does anyone know why Matt jones isn't on overtime?

Seebs

Quote from: AP85 on July 19, 2016, 02:53:04 pm
Does anyone know why Matt jones isn't on overtime?

Because he is non-exempt.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

AirWarren

clutch

Quote from: Seebs on July 19, 2016, 02:54:06 pm
Because he is non-exempt.

I think you got that backwards. Non-exempt means entitled to overtime.

Seebs

Quote from: clutch on July 19, 2016, 04:30:54 pm
I think you got that backwards. Non-exempt means entitled to overtime.

So he is non-non-expemt
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

clutch

Quote from: Seebs on July 19, 2016, 06:47:27 pm
So he is non-non-expemt

I think you're onto something now.

rhames

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 16, 2016, 09:34:00 pm
Rainwater makes close to that.

Wow. That blows my mind.

What's "close"?

Surely not all from DTS
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Seebs

Quote from: rhames on July 19, 2016, 08:23:11 pm

Wow. That blows my mind.

What's "close"?

Surely not all from DTS

He moonlights as a speech therapist. He travels with Marcus Eliot as a 'before' example prior to treatments.

clutch

Quote from: Seebs on July 20, 2016, 11:53:19 am
He moonlights as a speech therapist. He travels with Marcus Eliot as a 'before' example prior to treatments.

He also makes big bucks for being the spokesperson for why children should pay attention during reading class.

Hawgphish

according to channel 7, Matt wanted out of the "daily grind" of a 3 hour radio show.  uhh, yea.