Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas @ the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships Women-1st;Men-2nd

Started by JHicks3636, June 08, 2016, 10:11:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Piglywigly

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on June 10, 2016, 08:44:55 pm
Announcer: "Arkansas with a four-point lead over Arkansas" (we got this)

That is like the 3rd time he has done that exact some thing.

Piglywigly

Flotrack projects after the 400 (and Pullen failing to advance):

54.0 @GatorsTF
49.0 @LSUTrackField
48.0 @RazorbackTF
48.0 @OregonTF
44.5 @aggietrk

arkansastrack

Hogs need to get to 53-55 points to have a chance to win. This is entirely possible. Oregon will score a minimum of 48 and has a chance for more in the 5k.

JHicks3636

With that Texas A&M wins the 800 and leads the triple jump which would give them 20 points. They are in the 400 hurdles and the 4x400. They look dangerous.

JHicks3636

We need 12 points from the 200 like we got from the 100

arkansastrack

Incredible 800m race with the #1 and #3 times in collegiate history.

Piglywigly

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 10, 2016, 08:53:02 pm
We need 12 points from the 200 like we got from the 100

I'll be surprised if Mitchell-Blake even starts that 200 which should help.  We didn't get great lane draws though.  Cotton in Lane 1 :(, and Lawson in 3.

arkansastrack

That's not good and in all likelihood makes Florida the almost sure winners

JHicks3636

The triple jump could have gone no worse. Looks like A&M will get 10 and Florida 8 while we will not score.

83grad

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Piglywigly

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 10, 2016, 09:01:14 pm
Looks like Florida will win

Yeah, looks like it is over.  At least Oregon isn't going to win  :)

hawgwash

Quote from: arkansastrack on June 10, 2016, 08:54:47 pm
Incredible 800m race with the #1 and #3 times in collegiate history.
That was a great race though.  Erased 50 year old record by the great Jim Ryun.  Question though.  Was this race 880 yards when Ryun ran vs. 800 meters.  I know I ran the 880 in high school and that was less than 50 years ago (though not much less)  ;D

JHicks3636

Still looks like we will outperform our #5 ranking coming in

Cornfed Pig

arkansastrack

Quote from: hawgwash on June 10, 2016, 09:02:25 pm
That was a great race though.  Erased 50 year old record by the great Jim Ryun.  Question though.  Was this race 880 yards when Ryun ran vs. 800 meters.  I know I ran the 880 in high school and that was less than 50 years ago (though not much less)  ;D
No I believe it was 800m that was run at the NCAA meet at that time although it could be a converted time from 880yd

83grad

JHicks3636

A win by Lawson in the 200 would wrap up an amazing performance by him. He would have 30 points individually and 6 from the relay. Pretty amazing without a 200 win.

Piglywigly

Hogs really out-performed (with the obvious exception of Pullen).  Who would have expected a 3rd in the 10k and 2nd in the Steeple.
If they can score more than 6 in the 200, it should knock Oregon off the podium and the SEC could go 1-4.

Cornfed Pig

Piglywigly

JHicks3636

Lawson joins only Jesse Owens in winning 3 individual events at the NCAA meet

JHicks3636

arkansastrack

Cornfed Pig

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

JHicks3636

HamIAm

Howell edged out Cotton for 4th by one 1,000th of a second.

Piglywigly

Flotrack projects after the 200:

57.0 @GatorsTF
56.0 @RazorbackTF
51.0 @aggietrk
48.0 @OregonTF
41.0 @LSUTrackField

ICEman

It will be a tight finish. Pullen coming up lame in the Triple will probably cost us the victory this year.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Killean

Florida still has triple jump, so we probably finish 2nd.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

HogsonHicks

arkansastrack

#NCAATF: Jarrion Lawson effectively breaks the "modern" single-meet scoring record, topping @RazorbackTF's own Mike Conley's 28.75 in 1985.

arkansastrack

Quote from: Killean on June 10, 2016, 09:13:59 pm
Basically.. if Florida finishes 3rd or lower in the 4x400 relay, we win.

If they finish higher, they win.  They are projected to finish 2nd.

We're locked into 2nd at worst.

(Oregon could tie us if they go 1-2 in the 5,000m)
Actually Florida will get 8 points from the TJ that is still ongoing which means they would need to finish 6th or better to win.

Hook 'em Hogs

83grad

Killean

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Piglywigly

Crazy meet.  The teams to beat coming in were A&M, LSU, and Oregon.  Looks like we will beat them...and Florida is going to win.

JHicks3636

A break to run the women's 200 meters in the heptathlon. Arkansas is 4-6-10-12 after 4 of 7 events concluded in Day 1. Day 2 will feature 3 events tomorrow. On a down note it looked like Brooks pulled up lame.

arkansastrack

AR 56
FL 54

If Florida gets 6th or better in the 4x400 they win. If they get 7th we tie. 8th or DQ and we win.

ICEman

Oh well, it appears that we have a solid position on the podium.  Next year looks like a huge reset with Lawson's loss of eligibility.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

arkansastrack

Our lack of distance depth has been hurting us for the past several years now.

ICEman

Footballer Dom Reed has the body to be a 55'+ triple jumper.  I wonder if he ever gave the sport consideration after his state triple jumping days?

Piglywigly

Quote from: arkansastrack on June 10, 2016, 09:34:49 pm
Our lack of distance depth has been hurting us for the past several years now.

Agreed, but with 6 in the 10k, 8 in the steeple, and a big 0 in the triple, you can't blame this one on the distance runners.

ricepig

Quote from: Piglywigly on June 10, 2016, 09:37:44 pm
Agreed, but with 6 in the 10k, 8 in the steeple, and a big 0 in the triple, you can't blame this one on the distance runners.

Correct, and in years we had distance runners, did we get the points we got out of the sprints?

arkansastrack

Quote from: Piglywigly on June 10, 2016, 09:37:44 pm
True. I was talking of more the past several years and not specifically this meet.