Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas @ the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships Women-1st;Men-2nd

Started by JHicks3636, June 08, 2016, 10:11:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhog

She's gonna put that hammer down in the last 600.

runninhog

Quote from: Piglywigly on June 11, 2016, 07:29:52 pm
Unless the Oregon runner manages to score.

The Tennessee runner is much better than the Oregon runner. New Mexico's entry is no slouch.

runninhog

I forgot about the Stanford runner. She should get second, but she'll try to force a faster pace for the whole race to negate Dom's speed.

runninhog

She's sucking a little more wind than she was in the 10,000. Dig deep.

TebowHater

Quote from: runninhog on June 11, 2016, 07:34:26 pm
She's sucking a little more wind than she was in the 10,000. Dig deep.

Definitely. I don't like that headwind on that straight away. Glad she isn't leading anymore having to break it.

TebowHater

Quote from: runninhog on June 11, 2016, 07:31:05 pm
The Tennessee runner is much better than the Oregon runner. New Mexico's entry is no slouch.

New Mexico girl has second fastest time coming in. Stanford fourth.

Looks like Oregon girl may score.

runninhog

JHicks3636

Scott takes first for 10 points and the Hogs clinch the title as the Oregon runner finishes 5 for only 4 points

runninhog

TebowHater

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

No pressure on our 4x400 so let's get another relay title to finish it off. Beat Texas!!!

runninhog

JHicks3636

Our first women's outdoor track title ever. Previous high finish was 4th.

TebowHater

Scott and Lawson are two of the biggest Razorbacks I have ever seen. Both of them are just absolute monsters who love the hogs and their team more than anything. Some of my favorites ever.

Scott thinks the world of Coach Harter. Happy for him.

runninhog

JHicks3636

Never gets old to watch an Arkansas team raise the Big Trophy!!!

TebowHater

Don't know what happened to our 4x400 team, but thankful it doesn't matter!

Edit: Taylor Ellis-Watson went beast mode on the back stretch. 2nd place!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JHicks3636

The Arkansas 4x400 team finishes 2nd on an amazing anchor leg for 8 points and a 10 point meet win.

JHicks3636

Nothing left but to get the hardware. Thanks for following the thread and supporting the Track teams.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

snoblind

Jeff needs to build another building to show off all the trophies.

:)

Congrats to both teams

ricepig

snoblind

staffhog

Quote from: Kevin on June 11, 2016, 07:59:50 pm
Track capital of the world

You'd never know it listening to those sorry-assed anouncers.  They were rooting for Oregon, primarily but for anyone but our Pigs.  I am glad we conquered all;.

On another note, I never heard those punks even mention Coach McDonnell one time in either men's or women's meets.   This ss
shows how knowledgeable those clowns are.

Tejano Jawg

Congrats ladies! Scott was amazing...and even though we already had the title, so was the last 100 meters of our 4X400 anchor gal.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogsonHicks

Quote from: TebowHater on June 11, 2016, 07:48:09 pm
Scott and Lawson are two of the biggest Razorbacks I have ever seen. Both of them are just absolute monsters who love the hogs and their team more than anything. Some of my favorites ever.

Scott thinks the world of Coach Harter. Happy for him.

I couldn't agree more. Those two were incredible. Scott is now one of my all-time favorite Razorbacks.  She's an incredible ambassador for the University.

Piglywigly

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 11, 2016, 09:18:55 pm
I couldn't agree more. Those two were incredible. Scott is now one of my all-time favorite Razorbacks.  She's an incredible ambassador for the University.

And she's pretty easy on the eyes also.

ICEman

Quote from: Piglywigly on June 11, 2016, 09:30:57 pm
Easy, she is hitched to former Razorback Thinclad Cameron Efurd.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

JHicks3636

Quote from: Piglywigly on June 11, 2016, 09:30:57 pm

Were I 40+ years younger I'd be learning to pole vault to hang with the Weeks' twins.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

runninhog

Quote from: arkansastrack on June 11, 2016, 11:17:45 am
We really had an elite athlete this year and not multiple athletes. The field events (minus Lawson) laid an egg and we should be scoring more than 14 points in the distance races. Gone are the days of having several distance guys doubling which IMO has been a big part of the problem the past few years.

Remember that each coach does their own events and has nothing to do with the other events. Coach Case is earning his paycheck and more and Coach Geopferdt has earned his paycheck more often than not. Coach Bucknam however has not been earning his paycheck with the distance runners for the past few years. Until we get back to 25-30pt range in the distance events then we won't win another national title.

Agreed. We haven't had a great group since the Lincoln, Cragg, Mulvaney years.

Hogs33

Quote from: arkansastrack on June 11, 2016, 11:17:45 am
We really had an elite athlete this year and not multiple athletes. The field events (minus Lawson) laid an egg and we should be scoring more than 14 points in the distance races. Gone are the days of having several distance guys doubling which IMO has been a big part of the problem the past few years.

Remember that each coach does their own events and has nothing to do with the other events. Coach Case is earning his paycheck and more and Coach Geopferdt has earned his paycheck more often than not. Coach Bucknam however has not been earning his paycheck with the distance runners for the past few years. Until we get back to 25-30pt range in the distance events then we won't win another national title.

I agree, Coach Bucknam needs to recruit like Coach Mcdonnell did when it comes to distance runners. He needs to go out of the country and get those Ireland peeps!
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ICEman on June 11, 2016, 09:36:08 pm
Easy, she is hitched to former Razorback Thinclad Cameron Efurd.
Post a pic of Payton Stumbaugh.  She's single.

JHicks3636

Further proof (as if any needed) of SEC dominance in Track and Field

#NCAATF FINAL women's scoring by conference: @SEC-305 @pac12-133 @Big12Conference-120 @bigten-61 @theACC-48 @MountainWest-39

#NCAATF FINAL men's scoring by conference: @SEC-300 @Pac12-124 @bigten-86 @theACC-74 @Big12Conference-44 @American_Conf-33