Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas, Arkansas State Cooperate for LR Satellite Camp

Started by Mike Irwin, June 06, 2016, 07:15:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherColombia

Come on man, at least get stAte's coach's name right.  BLAKE Anderson, not Brian Anderson.  I thought you were supposed to be a professional.   

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on June 06, 2016, 07:28:13 pm
Come on man, at least get stAte's coach's name right.  BLAKE Anderson, not Brian Anderson.  I thought you were supposed to be a professional.

It's a typo... The guy just got out of the Hospital, no reason to be a jerk.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on June 06, 2016, 08:16:43 pm
It's a typo... The guy just got out of the Hospital, no reason to be a jerk.

Not trying to be a jerk, this will be Coach Anderson's third year in Jonesboro no reason not to know his name.  Wasn't meant to be a jerky comment but seems kinda like a slight.  If it was a typo, then Mike needs to get on his editors for not doing their jobs.  A typo would be B e r t  instead of Bret, Brian instead of Blake isn't a typo. It is either a slight or a really, really bad mistake that someone who is a professional journalist or editor should have caught. 

ricepig

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on June 06, 2016, 08:27:28 pm
Not trying to be a jerk, this will be Coach Anderson's third year in Jonesboro no reason not to know his name.  Wasn't meant to be a jerky comment but seems kinda like a slight.  If it was a typo, then Mike needs to get on his editors for not doing their jobs. 

Lol, you do know we had a baseball player named Brian Anderson the last few years? It's a simple mistake, lighten up.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 08:30:47 pm
Lol, you do know we had a baseball player named Brian Anderson the last few years? It's a simple mistake, lighten up.

I don't think Mike would confuse a kid who played on the hill 2 years ago with a D1 football coach who surely he has had some interactions with.  When in doubt, just leave the first name out. 

ImHogginIt

What was the lone state school without a coach at the camp ?

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 07, 2016, 02:53:53 am
What was the lone state school without a coach at the camp ?

UCA, they play ASU this fall.

ImHogginIt

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Mike Irwin

Correction has been made. I apologize for the mistake.

secneahog

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on June 06, 2016, 07:28:13 pm

:)

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 07, 2016, 05:21:32 pm
Correction has been made. I apologize for the mistake.

Thank you sir, I apologize for sounding like a dick.  Yesterday was not great for me, not your fault, I should have measured my words in a more careful manner.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoghiker