Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama knocks off Aggies. Could help Hogs?

Started by hobhog, March 08, 2018, 02:08:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

If we can win tonight maybe jump Aggies for a 6 seed?

Every win Hogs get in tourney will help and a 6 seed is much better than 7 as far as draws go.

WPS

Kayway2bHawgChamps

I saw that last 4.4  second play to beat A&M,  WOWIdk how much C. Sexton cost, but he was worth every penny.

outlawhogeywells

SemperHawg

I know its easier said than done because you don't want to foul, but man they just let him sprint the length of the floor and right down the lane.  I would think you at least want to get in front of him and maybe make him shoot a jump shot or something.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on March 08, 2018, 02:24:18 pm
does this loss put A&M on the bubble
I don't think so.  Maybe knocks them back to an 8/9 seed, but they were firmly in as a 7 and possibly even a 6 before today's game.

Willyboy

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on March 08, 2018, 02:24:18 pm
does this loss put A&M on the bubble

They were a projected 6 seed before.  One loss won't put them out just like it won't put us out.

hobhog

Quote from: Willyboy on March 08, 2018, 02:43:20 pm
They were a projected 6 seed before.  One loss won't put them out just like it won't put us out.

But could a win or two get us their 6 seed? I know some think wins and losses don't matter but.....

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on March 08, 2018, 03:38:05 pm
But could a win or two get us their 6 seed? I know some think wins and losses don't matter but.....

Ncaa has been pretty clear the last 2 seasons that alot of the seeding is done prior to the conf tourneys except on the top line and the bubble teams. Now, Hogs go win the sect and yea they likely go higher than a 7, but otherwise they are pretty much locked into the 7 range right now. Although, for all we know the ncaat committee already has them at a 6.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

We just need to win. That will cure a lot. Tonight vs SC is a Quadrant 2 game so it won't help to win that much, but it will hurt to lose. However, the proposed "seeded" teams around us that lost also lost to roughly equally bad opponents.
It will matter for us if we then go and beat Florida. 

Of course I could be completely off. OU is still considered a tournament team and they suck.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Willyboy on March 08, 2018, 02:43:20 pm

It's bogus if A&M gets a 6 seed! Yeah they played a tough schedule but they lost a lot of games!