Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herbstreit owns Hog fan

Started by Peter Porker, December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 03, 2018, 12:56:16 pm
Well, maybe we should just ask ASU to sponsor us into the Sunbelt. 

We will probably never successfully go head-to-head with Alabama while Saban is there.  No one else in the country is doing it either.  What we can do is work to successfully go head-to-head recruiting against Okie Lite, Mizzou, TCU, Baylor, Houston, TAMU, Ole Miss, MS State, and grab a few recruits away from Texas and Okie.  Until we are able to do that, we are not going to be able to do any better than we are now.  Lets worry about our own neighborhood before we start worrying about schools half way across the country from us.

We need the right coaching staff in place for starters.  Do we have that in place and/or on the horizon, I don't know and no one else does either at this point.  What I do know is we got rid of the albatrosses of Long and Bert despite the money it cost.  That alone is a big improvement and shows we have leadership on The Hill that wants a winning program.

So, pay recruits? How is that "SEC money!!!" supposed to help with recruiting against those teams otherwise when we aren't winning?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 03, 2018, 01:06:16 pm
So, pay recruits? How is that "SEC money!!!" supposed to help with recruiting against those teams otherwise?

Well, we do have everything in place from a facilities standpoint (paid for with a lot of SEC money).  Now we need to win.  We can start by not going 4-8 and 1-7.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 03, 2018, 01:16:39 pm
Well, we do have everything in place from a facilities standpoint (paid for with a lot of SEC money).  Now we need to win.  We can start by not going 4-8 and 1-7.

We go 4-8 or 7-5  or whatever because Bama wins titles and gets 5 star recruits and beats us with them. When Arkansas has had success in the SEC is when Bama was down. Wanting Bama to win just means you want Arkansas to lose.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.