Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
Told last night all that was left to do was for the man to say yes.  I've seen his name enough in the thread to guess he did.

Awesome. 
No sense in being cryptic.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
Told last night all that was left to do was for the man to say yes.  I've seen his name enough in the thread to guess he did.

Awesome.

Who was that again?
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:00:02 pm
I would take HDn and Trainor off the list.

Scanlon, Varady, TT. Not sure where TT would fit in to this, but with all the Gus talk and the haste with which the hire was made, I am thinking it is probably him.

I wouldn't be so quick to take Houston off of the list. They probably want an AD more like Frank Broyles who knows the big money boosters and mingle with them. One who can be persuasive when funding is needed. I'm not saying he's the one but he sure fits the description. Nutt was, after all, Frank's hand picked successor at one time.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hawg Marshal

coachingsearchbro

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 16, 2017, 05:53:57 pm
Agreed.  Like Long or not he definitely shut things down from how they used to be run.

Also Lanny doesn't want these firing/hirings to go to quickly.  New memberships have to sky rocket during coaching searches.

Yes they do.

Tusks

I can't see anyone saying 'awesome' about HDN being AD.

Scanlon or TT
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TebowHater

Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2017, 06:44:15 pm
I wouldn't be so quick to take Houston off of the list. They probably want an AD more like Frank Broyles who knows the big money boosters and mingle with them. One who can be persuasive when funding is needed. I'm not saying he's the one but he sure fits the description.

PT said name wouldn't be a shocker. No matter how you spin it, HDN coming to be our AD would be a shocker to many. It would be insane. This board would literally crash. Not saying he wouldn't do well, but just the emotional resonance of it. No way that is who is coming.

Now, how so many people in this thread seem to know who it is but yet no one will say it is kind of odd.

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 16, 2017, 06:45:36 pm
It's Varady.

How do you figure? You were saying no sense in being cryptic a couple posts up

HawgTide

Quote from: hog of steele on November 16, 2017, 05:35:17 pm
I would say you are flipped on this. We don't know the AD because most are ok but not great. Just a few really good ADs. They just don't effect the programs as much as coaches. I am afraid we ran a good one and will likely replace him with a mediocre one.

His claim to fame was firing Petrino. That put him on the map.

The UofA always makes money and the crazy TV contracts only makes it even easier. He did some good things but it's not like he's the greatest or he wouldn't be in this position

Hawgphat

Quote from: hawgon on November 16, 2017, 06:39:25 pm
If it's TT, we would certainly be the talk of college football.

We're ALREADY "the talk of college football"; - - and the talk is not uplifting or respectful.

Sivad

I wouldn't be so quick to take Houston off of the list. They probably want an AD more like Frank Broyles who knows the big money boosters and mingle with them. One who can be persuasive when funding is needed. I'm not saying he's the one but he sure fits the description.
Many fans/boosters would not even accept a phone call from him.
Guess ole AD Nutt could then call one of his infamous "code reds" on the "slaps" that stopped contributing.

Silent

It's ricepig... you sneaky devil you ;)

cjack

Nobody knows on here. If they did, they would be on here like Otter was with the Jeff Long break. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

ArkansasI

Varady is a lawyer that has handled university investigations, drafting coaches contracts, and run the foundation. As an attorney, he has spent his professional career protecting the interest of his clients. The fact that people like him is a dead giveaway that he is good at his job. He's underemployed at the foundation. Sounds wise to promote him to AD. He's the single candidate who has earned the job.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 16, 2017, 06:42:43 pm
No sense in being cryptic.
If anyone truly knew the answer they would not be cryptic.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

PorcineSublime

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 05:40:45 pm
You got to give them credit for the coup, a few Central America countries could learn something here.
Yeah, it was smooth for sure. Gin up the masses to a fever pitch and pull out some sketchy accusations about "failure to connect" and "possible" money transfer issues, indirectly implying that transfer was to his own bank account. Then, bam, pull the plug. Gotta admit they thought this through. Hopefully they thought it through as much getting the replacement.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

GuvHog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:46:07 pm
PT said name wouldn't be a shocker. No matter how you spin it, HDN coming to be our AD would be a shocker to many. It would be insane. This board would literally crash. Not saying he wouldn't do well, but just the emotional resonance of it. No way that is who is coming.

If people would think about it and put 2 and 2 together, it wouldn't be a shocker.

grayhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2017, 06:53:29 pm
If people would think about it and put 2 and 2 together, it wouldn't be a shocker.
It ain't HDN

Dropkick

rhames

I pretty much would be shocked if we don't hire Gus now

Props to the people who called all this.  Seemed way too red weddingish for me to believe.

They shall sing a song about these times......the reigns of pork rind Jimmy it shall be called.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Joe_Shmo

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 16, 2017, 06:49:13 pm
Varady is a lawyer that has handled university investigations, drafting coaches contracts, and run the foundation. As an attorney, he has spent his professional career protecting the interest of his clients. The fact that people like him is a dead giveaway that he is good at his job. He's underemployed at the foundation. Sounds wise to promote him to AD. He's the single candidate who has earned the job.

He does sound perfect for the position.

WoePigSooie

I wouldn't be so quick to take Houston off of the list. They probably want an AD more like Frank Broyles who knows the big money boosters and mingle with them. One who can be persuasive when funding is needed. I'm not saying he's the one but he sure fits the description. Nutt was, after all, Frank's hand picked successor at one time.

My grandfather was a Hog fan, my dad was a Hog fan, I am fan and alum, but if Houston Nutt comes back to Arkansas in any capacity, I am going to, at age 50, go for a PhD at another school so can be a supporting alum of a program I'm proud of.

GuvHog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 16, 2017, 06:55:03 pm
It ain't HDN

I don't think it is either but it wouldn't shock me if he got the job.

snoblind

I was told Scanlon was offered and up to him to say yes.  We will see.  Source was right on JL.

HoopS

Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2017, 06:57:06 pm
I don't think it is either but it wouldn't shock me if he got the job.
lol

Sho Nuff

Quote from: HawgTide on November 16, 2017, 05:33:59 pm

He definitely has put in the time and knows the lay of the land
I would love for Scanlon to be the guy!

Count Hogula

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 16, 2017, 06:49:13 pm

Varady's credentials are impressive.Would be extremely happy with him if he is the one.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/varady-named-razorback-foundation-executive-director-and-general-counsel/

TebowHater

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 06:58:03 pm
I was told Scanlon was offered and up to him to say yes.  We will see.  Source was right on JL.

NICE

jgphillips3

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 16, 2017, 05:59:23 pm
Stupid carpetbagger trying operate a functioning athletic dept.

And he couldn't do that with 50% Arkansans?  35%?  25%?  Had to get rid of them all?

Hawg Life

Quote from: ur on November 16, 2017, 05:59:14 pm
I'm guessing he/she got the Gus stamp of approval?

Gus is irrelevant.

cjack

Now there's a guy stepping up to the plate.  Congrats to you man. Right or wrong, your balls are yours to keep.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

seasonhog

Quote from: tusked on November 16, 2017, 06:46:03 pm
I can't see anyone saying 'awesome' about HDN being AD.

Scanlon or TT

It not HDN.....can you see Gus taken the job with Nutt as AD......oil & water

jgphillips3

Quote from: Count Hogula on November 16, 2017, 06:59:16 pm
Varady's credentials are impressive.Would be extremely happy with him if he is the one.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/varady-named-razorback-foundation-executive-director-and-general-counsel/

His brother Steve was a fraternity brother of mine.  Great family, good people.

GuvHog

He would definitely be a good choice.

cjack

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 16, 2017, 06:59:43 pm
And he couldn't do that with 50% Arkansans?  35%?  25%?  Had to get rid of them all?

And this too. I'm not one of the get out of here you Yankee guys, but didn't Jeff Long do the opposite of that?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

North hog

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

dmaxfan

It's scanlon or varady. Tubberville would be a stunner
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Something just keeps giving me a feeling it is going to be Tom Bowen.  I'm probably wrong because I've never been any good at predicting new coaches and such. 

But Bowen is my juju pick.  Factchecker kinda swayed me over to Bowen. I think Bowen has the premium "age factor", (even though age isn't supposed to be of matter).

I think if their was a Vegas line on it, Bowen would be the favorite.

He has the experience and credentials, and he is at the age where a 15 year AD tenure is possible if successful, and he is sitting right across the river from Arkansas.

I'd be plum happy to get Tom Bowen.   ;D

HawgTide

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 16, 2017, 07:05:54 pm
It's scanlon or varady. Tubberville would be a stunner

Good choices to have. Either one should be able to fill JL's shoes

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 16, 2017, 07:07:34 pm
I'd be plum happy to get Tom Bowen.   ;D

I'd like Bowen as well but he doesn't have our BOT was looking for ----- think connections.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bulldog04

Derrick Gragg would be a good choice

ArkansasI

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 16, 2017, 07:01:32 pm
His brother Steve was a fraternity brother of mine.  Great family, good people.
Lifelong Razorback here. I'm not young, either.  We're probably about the same age...  I reviewed Scott's credentials and am embarrassed I didn't know more about him before today.

A guy like Scott is unlikely to make mistakes, and his time at the Razorback Foundation would have connected him with the people making things happen. We're fortunate to have him available.

I'll be surprised if it isn't him.

Hoggie17

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 16, 2017, 06:01:33 pm
It's Tommy T. This has been in the works for a while, hence his speech at the TD club
Good guess.

ipigsooie

What kind of pay cut would SV take? Or is it equivalent to what he makes now?

Tony Perkis

TebowHater

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 16, 2017, 07:17:30 pm
What kind of pay cut would SV take? Or is it equivalent to what he makes now?

SV would get a huge promotion in pay. Kevin Scanlon would be taking the pay cut, but sounds like he might just be willing to do so!

Hogsfan1981

greenie

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 16, 2017, 06:51:56 pm
Yeah, it was smooth for sure. Gin up the masses to a fever pitch and pull out some sketchy accusations about "failure to connect" and "possible" money transfer issues, indirectly implying that transfer was to his own bank account. Then, bam, pull the plug. Gotta admit they thought this through. Hopefully they thought it through as much getting the replacement.

If they hire Scanlon or Tuberville, it proves they aren't looking for a good AD, but one that can be muscled...all of which is hidden behind a veil of "he's from Arkansas and understands our culture".

TebowHater

Quote from: greenie on November 16, 2017, 07:21:27 pm
If they hire Scanlon or Tuberville, it proves they aren't looking for a good AD, but one that can be muscled...all of which is hidden behind a veil of "he's from Arkansas and understands our culture".

Would agree with this - more with TT than Scanlon. Scanlon would be able to walk the middle ground. Business people don't play around when it really counts.

hawgon

Quote from: greenie on November 16, 2017, 07:21:27 pm

Why would you say that?  Both Scanlon and Tuberville already have "frick you" money.   Varady is the one who would need the job.  He is still middle class.