Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema: 'Only a couple teams have that, and they're the elite teams'

Started by gchamblee, July 16, 2017, 06:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgon on July 19, 2017, 08:12:05 pm
Classic Bielema is several years ago when we were one of the national darlings in the preseason.  All the pundits loved Bielema and they were really buying into him, the team, and the program.  You couldn't turn on sports radio without hearing Bielema giving an interview to someone.

And what do we do?  We drop the first game to Toledo.  All of that was out the window immediately.  Classic.

Ugh. The pain.....

factchecker

Quote from: hawgon on July 19, 2017, 08:12:05 pm
Classic Bielema is several years ago when we were one of the national darlings in the preseason.  All the pundits loved Bielema and they were really buying into him, the team, and the program.  You couldn't turn on sports radio without hearing Bielema giving an interview to someone.

And what do we do?  We drop the first game to Toledo.  All of that was out the window immediately.  Classic.

Toledo was the second game.  We beat UTEP to start the season.  It was actually pretty crazy seeing us getting some much love/credit.  If late season Brandon Allen showed up that game we might have won.  Drifted the pass a little too high for Hunter's reach.  Regardless, I agree that we shouldn't have been in position to lose to Toledo.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

Quote from: factchecker on July 19, 2017, 10:54:02 pm
Toledo was the second game.  We beat UTEP to start the season.  It was actually pretty crazy seeing us getting some much love/credit.  If late season Brandon Allen showed up that game we might have won.  Drifted the pass a little too high for Hunter's reach.  Regardless, I agree that we shouldn't have been in position to lose to Toledo.

It wasn't just that, it was the opportunity missed.  We were about to take off, and we came crashing down before we even got a good start because he was too busy reading the press clippings and forgot to get the team ready to play. 

That's the thing.  When he and all his supporters talk about what he is building, why hasn't he taken advantage of the chances he has had already?  They've been there for the taking and time and again, he can't get it done.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on July 20, 2017, 05:03:38 am
It wasn't just that, it was the opportunity missed.  We were about to take off, and we came crashing down before we even got a good start because he was too busy reading the press clippings and forgot to get the team ready to play. 

That's the thing.  When he and all his supporters talk about what he is building, why hasn't he taken advantage of the chances he has had already?  They've been there for the taking and time and again, he can't get it done.

The bolded part is bullcrap.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: gchamblee on July 20, 2017, 07:20:05 am
The bolded part is bullcrap.

I've heard he does indeed save press clippings, especially those of reporters that ask him pointed questions, and I also heard he forgot Jen's birthday once.

pigmailyen

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2017, 06:29:43 pm
I don't think that in this particular season, that you are going to see a lot of folks making excuses for Bielema. The one uncontrollable thing that we have suffered that I can think of is the loss of RW III. No one saw that coming or could have in any way planned for that to happen. Other than that, I think that this staff has to own this team and the results.

Yeah, it's not like Williams had that injury before. ::)

gchamblee

Quote from: pigmailyen on July 20, 2017, 08:16:35 am

Are you suggesting we should have replaced him to prevent being affected by the possibility of another injury?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigmailyen on July 20, 2017, 08:16:35 am

What's your point? Did you predict that this was going to happen again? Are you a Neurologist or a Neurosurgeon? Did you treat RWIII and have some level of special knowledge about his first injury that indicated that it was only a matter of time before it happened to him again?
Go Hogs Go!

JD Hogg

Quote from: hawgon on July 19, 2017, 10:28:52 am
Uh, I'm pretty sure we dominated LSU and took a knee to end the game in 2010.  I mean it's possible that I really didn't attend that game in Little Rock and that it was all an elaborate dream sequence, but I seem to remember an exciting play or two by some receivers and a running back having a nice day.

You are correct, sir.  My mistake. 

Athog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 17, 2017, 03:34:14 pm
Bobby isnt coming back, but I am sure Louisville has a message board you could follow him on.

No Bobby is not coming back!!

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 20, 2017, 07:31:14 am
I've heard he does indeed save press clippings, especially those of reporters that ask him pointed questions, and I also heard he forgot Jen's birthday once.

Well.....are you a fountain of worthless information.....

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on July 20, 2017, 04:06:44 pm

Oh...... I  had to do a double take on who you quoted.  Thought you were talking to me there for a second.

HawgTide

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 20, 2017, 07:31:14 am

Quote from: ricepig on July 20, 2017, 04:06:44 pm

A cornucopia of crap

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on July 20, 2017, 04:41:29 pm
Oh...... I  had to do a double take on who you quoted.  Thought you were talking to me there for a second.

You're more like a pin hole in the garden hose........

pigmailyen

Quote from: gchamblee on July 20, 2017, 01:48:54 pm
Are you suggesting we should have replaced him to prevent being affected by the possibility of another injury?
The OP's statement that "no one saw that coming or could have in any way planned for that to happen" was hogwash.  That's what I'm suggesting. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigmailyen on July 20, 2017, 04:55:07 pm
The OP's statement that "no one saw that coming or could have in any way planned for that to happen" was hogwash.  That's what I'm suggesting. 

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 20, 2017, 02:08:39 pm
What's your point? Did you predict that this was going to happen again? Are you a Neurologist or a Neurosurgeon? Did you treat RWIII and have some level of special knowledge about his first injury that indicated that it was only a matter of time before it happened to him again?

Well allow me to retort, tell us how you know that the suggestion that we all thought he was o.k. (since he had been cleared for play) and that we didn't see this coming (a career ending injury) from such light contact, was "hogwash"?
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on July 20, 2017, 04:48:32 pm
You're more like a pin hole in the garden hose........

Now that's more like it .....a compliment.

pigmailyen

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 20, 2017, 05:00:02 pm
Well allow me to retort, tell us how you know that the suggestion that we all thought he was o.k. (since he had been cleared for play) and that we didn't see this coming (a career ending injury) from such light contact, was "hogwash"?
Your statement was: "No one saw that coming or could have in any way planned for that to happen."   Surely you've seen players who have repeated issues with injuries.  Why would anyone not think it might happen again?  It crossed my mind when I saw Williams carry the ball last year.  I really hope that it crossed the minds of our coaches.
No disrespect intended, toward you or Williams.  But I do disagree with your assertion that it wasn't possible to imagine the injury recurring. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigmailyen on July 20, 2017, 06:33:35 pm
Your statement was: "No one saw that coming or could have in any way planned for that to happen."   Surely you've seen players who have repeated issues with injuries.  Why would anyone not think it might happen again?  It crossed my mind when I saw Williams carry the ball last year.  I really hope that it crossed the minds of our coaches.
No disrespect intended, toward you or Williams.  But I do disagree with your assertion that it wasn't possible to imagine the injury recurring. 

Given that he had been cleared medically to play, I would say that no one could have predicted that he was going to go down the way he did, in virtually light contact. The players and coaches have spoken to this as well. They had ran that same play so many times and this had never been the result. So we will have to agree to disagree. Most close to the program couldn't project this happening especially given the circumstances of a spring practice where hitting and contact was limited, especially with regard to RWIII.
Go Hogs Go!