Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss writer is really upset about HDN

Started by Hoot72, July 15, 2017, 05:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

"That merry-go-round goes so fast it just messes you up."
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

AlmaHog2011

That guy knows ole Hootie very well. To bad no sports writer in Arkansas ever had the guts to call out ole Hootie. I bet this is going to rile up the old Huggers around the message boards. I do remember that Hogville was the only message board that nailed Hootie and his gang of idiots.

I love this article! Truth bomb on Hootie!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hoot72 on July 15, 2017, 05:46:50 pm
Pretty interesting read -- https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2017/7/14/15967402/houston-nutt-ole-miss-lawsuit-hugh-freeze-someone-give-hootie-a-dollar

Well we did try to tell them Hootie is as durable as a cockroach. Having said that I do enjoy Hootie taking shots at Freeze. Couldn't happen to a more deserving institution and fanbase.  ;D

The only tough part to all of this is deciding what flavor of popcorn to make?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkSoda

"which is the same agreement that would eventually allow him to be paid $4.35 million to stop destroying the football program."

lot, we only paid him 3 million to stop destroying out program.  sounding more and more like a deal.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

I read that article earlier today.

Dude needs to get ready to feel the pain for quite some time. It's never good when a writer is also a super fan.
This is my non-signature signature.

Seebs

There is so much butthurt in these stories and scenarios I find myself giddy with pleasure knowing all of these entities, whom I have disdain for, are all going to have a horrible year.  The enemy of my enemy is still my dang enemy.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

AlmaHog2011

I'm proud to have been a contributor to the banners! If not for the fans Hootie Would have been around for years more.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Seebs on July 16, 2017, 12:57:44 am
There is so much butthurt in these stories and scenarios I find myself giddy with pleasure knowing all of these entities, whom I have disdain for, are all going to have a horrible year.  The enemy of my enemy is still my dang enemy.
the enemy of MY enemy is usually ME!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

nwahogfan1

I blame both sides because they should have never offered him the job to begin with so both deserve whatever comes next.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 16, 2017, 08:56:57 am
I blame both sides because they should have never offered him the job to begin with so both deserve whatever comes next.

The Ole Miss AD must be a real D.A. to have allowed this to happen on his watch. Yes they made a mistake hiring HDN to begin with, but they got rid of him and hired a better coach and all of that should have stayed where it belongs, in their rear view mirror. When you have a settlement contract in place with a former HC that specifies that you can't talk negatively about him in exchange for his buyout and departure, you (the University or Staff) can't use him as an excuse for poor performance later on, publicly anyway. They shot themselves in the foot. No need for that to have happened. But I am glad that I get to see that ship go down by the bow. 
Go Hogs Go!

WooPigFarm

hobhog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on July 16, 2017, 08:34:30 am
I'm proud to have been a contributor to the banners! If not for the fans Hootie Would have been around for years more.

Yeah, it was the banners that go him fired. You are a super fan and controlled the programs destiny. Good job.

greasy_corner

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on July 16, 2017, 08:34:30 am

The banners were another damn embarrassment, regardless whose "side" you were on.

Tusks

happily contributed to the banners.  'the monkey with a whistle' (TM tusked) was the damn embarrassment.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HamSammich

Quote from: greasy_corner on July 16, 2017, 12:24:14 pm
The banners were another damn embarrassment, regardless whose "side" you were on.

The banners were necessary.... not for Nutt but it showed the school and big money boosters that the fans can have a voice. The banners showed that we the fans were not just paying sheep and what we think matters.

The banner lesson was taught to tptb.... and it hasn't been forgotten.

GuvHog

Quote from: HamSammich on July 16, 2017, 01:01:16 pm
The banners were necessary.... not for Nutt but it showed the school and big money boosters that the fans can have a voice. The banners showed that we the fans were not just paying sheep and what we think matters.

The banners achieved nothing and had nothing to do with why Hooty was forced out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 01:09:05 pm
The banners achieved nothing and had nothing to do with why Hooty was forced out.
I guess the usher told you that?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

HiggiePiggy

I'm pretty sure it played a role in getting him fired. Probably not a huge one, but it did open some eyes. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Tusks

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 01:09:05 pm

Bull.  It's not why he was fired but to say it achieved nothing is just wrong.

hobhog

Quote from: tusked on July 16, 2017, 01:27:13 pm
Bull.  It's not why he was fired but to say it achieved nothing is just wrong.

It achieved making our fan base look like the head coach at the time......

GuvHog

Quote from: hobhog on July 16, 2017, 01:44:35 pm
It achieved making our fan base look like the head coach at the time......

Exactly. All it did was embarrass the U of A and make the fan base look bad.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sivad

Another great thing about this mess is that now Houston Dale Nutt is more, and forever, tied to Ole Miss than Arkansas.

BadHog

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of morons. LMAO!

And as a fan base, have we passed the statute of limitations to sue HDN for embarrassment and emotional distress?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

runninhog

" the same agreement that would eventually allow him to be paid $4.35 million to stop destroying the football program."

lol
They've sucked since the mid-seventies. There wasn't anything to destroy.

hog.goblin

Quote from: runninhog on July 16, 2017, 04:44:58 pm
" the same agreement that would eventually allow him to be paid $4.35 million to stop destroying the football program."

lol
They've sucked since the mid-seventies. There wasn't anything to destroy.

I was thinking the same thing.  They went 0-fer the year before he got there and 0-fer his last year.  At least he squeezed in his two years of "fiddy" type performance in between.

Buff

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on July 15, 2017, 06:55:34 pm
I do remember that Hogville was the only message board that nailed Hootie and his gang of idiots.

You remember incorrectly.

Tusks

Quote from: BadHog on July 16, 2017, 01:48:25 pm
And as a fan base, have we passed the statute of limitations to sue HDN for embarrassment and emotional distress?

Man if fans could of sued dip stick for being a complete and utter moron of the highest level, the whole fanbase would be richer.

Sivad

Quote from: tusked on July 16, 2017, 05:48:48 pm
Man if fans could of sued dip stick for being a complete and utter moron of the highest level, the whole fanbase would be richer.
We had significant damages that's for sure.

gchamblee

I agree. He needed to be fired but the banner flyers were a bigger embarrassment to the school than HDN was. It really amplified the retarded potion of our fan base.

gchamblee

Quote from: HamSammich on July 16, 2017, 01:01:16 pm

No, it showed that when you give the fans a voice, there is a good chance they will drool on themselves while high fiving each other.

onebadrubi

Quote from: gchamblee on July 16, 2017, 06:32:48 pm
I agree. He needed to be fired but the banner flyers were a bigger embarrassment to the school than HDN was. It really amplified the retarded potion of our fan base.

The banners did exactly what they needed too, it just took the people not close to the program to understand them.  People laughed at our Fans when they were flown, but now looking back, no one thinks they were over the top. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2017, 09:31:21 am
The Ole Miss AD must be a real D.A. to have allowed this to happen on his watch. Yes they made a mistake hiring HDN to begin with, but they got rid of him and hired a better coach and all of that should have stayed where it belongs, in their rear view mirror. When you have a settlement contract in place with a former HC that specifies that you can't talk negatively about him in exchange for his buyout and departure, you (the University or Staff) can't use him as an excuse for poor performance later on, publicly anyway. They shot themselves in the foot. No need for that to have happened. But I am glad that I get to see that ship go down by the bow.

I have a hard time believing that the settlement contract wasn't talked about after the initial NOA came out. Seriously.

I get the feeling that Freeze believed that when he "anonymously" dropped that information on the reporters that it would never come back to him.

Doom on him for being stupid.

rljjr

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 16, 2017, 08:07:40 pm
I have a hard time believing that the settlement contract wasn't talked about after the initial NOA came out. Seriously.

I get the feeling that Freeze believed that when he "anonymously" dropped that information on the reporters that it would never come back to him.

Doom on him for being stupid.

The reporters are never going to roll over in court and divulge their sources, so that's a hard to prove issue from their standpoint. However, the recruits who have said they were told by the staff that most of the issues were from Hootie is a different story.
Either way, the longer this all drags out the better it is for everyone not named Ole Miss.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rljjr on July 16, 2017, 08:39:19 pm
The reporters are never going to roll over in court and divulge their sources, so that's a hard to prove issue from their standpoint. However, the recruits who have said they were told by the staff that most of the issues were from Hootie is a different story.
Either way, the longer this all drags out the better it is for everyone not named Ole Miss.

A couple of them have already volunteered to testify that Freeze called them and what he said.

swineology

Great read!

'Ole Motho and 'Ole Piss deserve this.

longtimeHogfan

Jus' smilin' ear-to-ear and lovin' it.     ;)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 15, 2017, 08:10:01 pm
I read that article earlier today.

Dude needs to get ready to feel the pain for quite some time. It's never good when a writer is also a super fan.

Yeah, he is really missing the point on this one and I can't help
But get the feeling he is doing so intentionally
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Yep, it's nice when they self identify though.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: gchamblee on July 16, 2017, 06:34:04 pm
No, it showed that when you give the fans a voice, there is a good chance they will drool on themselves while high fiving each other.

Lol. I blame da interwebz

HognitiveDissonance

What's really funny are all the people high-fiving for 'forcing' Nutt out now have a coach who will do well to equal Nutt's record at Arkansas...even if he's here for 10 years.
Nutt Part 2
Wait until CBB is here 10 years and then measure the discontent then. It will be the same deal: pretty good record, people will say we can do better and maybe give someone else a shot.
The 10-year itch is the big factor here.
Same thing happened with Tuberville at Auburn. 10 year itch.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rljjr on July 16, 2017, 08:39:19 pm
The reporters are never going to roll over in court and divulge their sources, so that's a hard to prove issue from their standpoint. 

You sure about that? What incentive does a journalist have to protect a "source" that the whole world knows fed him bogus information? Does the reporter care if his future sources know that if the knowingly use him to disperse misinformation he will not protect their anonymity? Would having less "sources" that want to anonymously feed the journalist BS be a problem or a blessing.

I tend to think protecting a source that has fed you fabricated information and led you to publish entirely incorrect reports would be far less favorable to a journalists interests than revealed BG that source and discouraging other from attempting to use them in the future would be.

hogsanity

The banners did nothing but make our fans look like Clay Travis was low in his estimate. The callers to radio shows did nothing but make our fans look stupid. HDN was embarrassing with the way he handled criticism. What made it all worse, from an outside perspective, was the Hogs won 18 games in his last two seasons and it made it look like Hog fans thought they were entitled to have won more.

A few of us predicted 2007 was going to be his last year because HDN was going to find himself another job since all his bell cows were leaving. Dmac, Felix, Hillis and the rest of the crew that won in 06 and 07 were gone and their were not like kind replacements either on the roster or in the next signing class. It happens in college football all the time. Coach has some success, coach sees the next couple years not being as good, coach leaves. HDN just happened to either have the agent or the connections or the fact that John White was involved in things he had no business being involved in, and actually got the UofA to pay him and not tie his hands so he could immediately take another job and get paid there too.

BTW, I am upset at HDN too because going into the 11th season since he left, he still dominates this board because some of you can't quit him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Sivad on July 16, 2017, 01:48:19 pm
Another great thing about this mess is that now Houston Dale Nutt is more, and forever, tied to Ole Miss than Arkansas.

Wow...great observation. As I sigh in relief, this puts a little smile on my face thinking "he's theirs."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 17, 2017, 10:28:07 am
Wow...great observation. As I sigh in relief, this puts a little smile on my face thinking "he's theirs."

What Nutt did in 2006-2007 is still 20 times more felonious than anything he may have done at Ole Miss.

2007 should have been a frickin Nintendo game season for us all the way to the National Championship.

hogsanity

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 10:50:54 am

2007 should have been a frickin Nintendo game season for us all the way to the National Championship.

Based on what? The outstanding defense? I've seen this brought up repeatedly since 2007, but it us grounded in nothing. That team had serious flaws on both sides of the ball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

swineology

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 17, 2017, 10:50:54 am
What Nutt did in 2006-2007 is still 20 times more felonious than anything he may have done at Ole Miss.

Nutt coaching a Natty, LOLOLOL

He couldn't have won a Natty with with Tom Brady at QB

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogsanity on July 17, 2017, 11:04:53 am
Based on what? The outstanding defense? I've seen this brought up repeatedly since 2007, but it us grounded in nothing. That team had serious flaws on both sides of the ball.

What Nutt did removed all chances of anything special possibly happening in 2006-2007.

Quote from: swineology on July 17, 2017, 11:09:45 am
Nutt coaching a Natty, LOLOLOL

He couldn't have won a Natty with with Tom Brady at QB

And that's why he isn't coaching anymore.

rljjr

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 17, 2017, 10:05:11 am
You sure about that? What incentive does a journalist have to protect a "source" that the whole world knows fed him bogus information? Does the reporter care if his future sources know that if the knowingly use him to disperse misinformation he will not protect their anonymity? Would having less "sources" that want to anonymously feed the journalist BS be a problem or a blessing.

I tend to think protecting a source that has fed you fabricated information and led you to publish entirely incorrect reports would be far less favorable to a journalists interests than revealed BG that source and discouraging other from attempting to use them in the future would be.

I guess we will have to sit back and watch. I still think there is the old code of a reporter who gives his word not going back on it. Maybe I'm naive. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I have never revealed sources in the past nor have I ever been given up by a reporter I've worked with. But I also haven't fed them bogus info. It does make for an interesting ethical debate that journo classes could use as a case study.