Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou basketball and transfers

Started by exit19, March 10, 2012, 07:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

mizzouman

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Missouri freshman point guard Blake Harris will transfer from program

QuoteHarris has not been told by Missouri that his transfer will have any restrictions on where he can play.

"It was the best decision for me and my family to leave this program," Harris told Matter. "I'm not going to say anything's wrong with the program. I just think I can thrive and do better things at a different place...Of course I'd like to be playing more, but that's not all of it. I just think it would be better if we went our separate ways."

Harris is from Chapel Hill, N.C., and strongly considered playing for the UNC Tar Heels out of high school before ultimately choosing Missouri. [If Harris does transfer directly to UNC, he will have to sit out for one season before returning to game action but would not necessarily have to go to class].

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

Iowa's Tyler Cook: 'I have no desire to transfer to Missouri'

QuoteTyler Cook isn't going to Missouri.

Iowa's star forward was the subject of some rumors that he'd transfer from the Hawkeyes to the program from his home state, though it's unclear whether those rumors got any further than a few message board posts.

He cleared the air on Friday, one day after Iowa's season-ending loss to Michigan in the Big Ten Tournament.

Cook's statement doesn't mention Iowa, so it's still not a guarantee he'll be back in Iowa City for the 2018-19 season. But this does remove one option for his future, Missouri...

jbcarol

Wes Clark is in the NCAA Tournament Round 2 playing for Buffalo against UK.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman
‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN
9h9 hours ago

Evansville transfer Dru Smith told ESPN he has set an official visit to Virginia Tech for this weekend, one to Xavier on April 20 and Missouri on April 27. Averaged 13.7 points and 4.6 assists this past season.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
‏Verified account @JonRothstein
3h3 hours ago

Illinois transfer Mark Smith has committed to Missouri, per his Twitter page.

jbcarol

mizzouman

Quote from: jbcarol on April 15, 2018, 09:39:45 am
Jon Rothstein
‏Verified account @JonRothstein
3h3 hours ago

Illinois transfer Mark Smith has committed to Missouri, per his Twitter page.

Ruled immediately eligible.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
22m
Mizzou lands commitment from graduate transfer guard out of Hawaii

QuoteHawaii graduate transfer point guard Drew Buggs will be heading to Columbia for his final year of eligibility.

Buggs averaged about ten to twelve ppg for Hawaii.

SeldomHere

You might say Miz finally lei'd one up.
All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.

jbcarol

SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
3m
Former Mizzou forward Tray Jackson announces transfer destination

Quoteformer Mizzou forward announced on Monday that he was transferring to Seton Hall:

SeldomHere

Quote from: jbcarol on April 27, 2020, 06:21:33 pm
SEC Football News
@SECfootball
·
3m
Former Mizzou forward Tray Jackson announces transfer destination

All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.

jbcarol

SEC Football News@SECfootball
·
54m
Mizzou losing 7-foot center to NCAA transfer portal

The big man is reportedly moving on.

4:24 PM · Jun 16, 2020·

QuoteAxel Okongo, from Saacy-sur-Marne, France, played at a prep school in Quebec before landing at Northwest College in Wyoming. He started to attract interest from Division I coaches at showcase events last spring in Chicago and Texas despite averaging just 2.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in less than 10 minutes per game in junior college.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 07, 2020, 02:12:24 pm
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanHoops
·
28m
Big addition to the transfer portal: Hampton sophomore forward Ben Stanley. Averaged 22 points and 7.2 boards last season.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
1h
Maryland, Georgetown, Missouri and Xavier have already reached out to Hampton transfer Ben Stanley, per source.

jbcarol

Adam Spencer
@AdamSpencer4
·
20h
It's crazy that Cuonzo Martin's strategy of "let's add literally anyone who has played basketball at a lower level school" hasn't worked out so far this year. 🧐🤔

mizzouman

Quote from: jbcarol on December 03, 2021, 08:58:23 pmAdam Spencer
@AdamSpencer4
·
20h
It's crazy that Cuonzo Martin's strategy of "let's add literally anyone who has played basketball at a lower level school" hasn't worked out so far this year. 🧐🤔
We suck.  The end.

bkjbearcat

Cuonzo Might be the worst HC in the SEC. At least Crean and Frank Martin can say they went to a Final Four. He's a horrible X's and O's Guy. And a bad recruiter as well. But he'll be there for another five years.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz@mzenitz
·
1h
Two Missouri basketball players have entered the transfer portal, Javon Pickett and Trevon Brazile, @on3sports has learned.

Pickett ranked second on the team in scoring (11.1 points per game).

https://on3.com/db/transfer-portal/wire/football/2022

jbcarol

jbcarol

Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Mizzou transfer DaJuan Gordon tells me he's heard from a wide range of teams, including new coaches at South Carolina & LSU, plus Loyola Chicago, New Mexico State, Jackson State, UMass (Frank Martin), Iona
2:05 PM · Apr 5, 2022·

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
2h
Travis Ford is adding Javonte Perkins --- the Atlantic 10 Preseason POTY --- and Missouri transfer Javon Pickett --- who averaged 11.1 PPG --- to a returning nucleus that won 23 games.

Palpable Buzz at Chaifetz Arena.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
Missouri transfer DaJuan Gordon tells me that he has signed with New Mexico State.

jbcarol

Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Unless there's further attrition from the six returning players on Missouri's roster, they needed one scholarship to open to make room for the additions Dennis Gates has made the past four weeks. Commitments plus signed players plus returners put the roster at 13, for now.
6:01 PM · Apr 18, 2022

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
Apr 17
Mizzou transfer @durugordon plans to visit Rhode Island and have a Zoom with BYU this week.

UMass and GW are also in the mix

TheGrove68

YaYa Keita gone, Chris Jones reopening recruitment and gone...and Clemson PG Nick Honor on way.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

jbcarol

Honor will be a welcome addition.  Good FT shooter and will remind of Pinson in ways.

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz
·
1h
Missouri basketball guard Jarron Coleman has entered the transfer portal, @on3sports has learned.

Started 21 games this past season and averaged 8.6 points per game.

https://on3.com/db/transfer-portal/wire/basketball/2022/

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz@mzenitz
·
16h
Missouri basketball guard Amari Davis has entered the transfer portal, @on3sports has learned.

Averaged nine points per game this past season.

https://on3.com/db/transfer-portal/wire/basketball/2022

TheGrove68

Hopefully we land the rumored additions or some that are complimentary to their skill level.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
2m
LSU transfer Xavier Pinson tells me that he has cut his list to the following three programs:

Georgia Tech
New Mexico State
Mississippi State

jbcarol

Lead guard Anton Brookshire, who played at Kickapoo is transferring to Iona and play for Rick Pitino.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
19h
Source: Missouri transfer Jarron "Boogie" Coleman has committed to Ball State.

Started his career at Ball State.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
57m
Source: Missouri State transfer Isiaih Mosley has committed to Missouri.

jbcarol

Whitten Family Mizzou Mens basketball head coach Dennis Gates finally comments on addition of standout transfer Isiaih Mosley

Quote"I am ecstatic to have Isiaih back home in Columbia," Gates said in a program release. "It is a priority for us to make Mizzou THE destination for our in-state kids. I believe Isiaih will have an impact in all areas that are important to our program – in the classroom as he works toward his degree, on the court as he excels with his teammates and in the community as he gives back to the same city that raised him."

Mosley ranked No. 15 nationally among scorers in 2021-22, averaging 20.4 points per game. He also contributed 6.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.2 steals per contest. Mosley was with Missouri State of the Missouri Valley Conference for 3 seasons, where he was a 2-time NABC All-District and All-MVC player.

"Mizzou is home," Mosley said via the team website. "I'm excited about what is building here and want to help bring a winning culture to Mizzou. Committing here was an easy choice because it's back home, but it was made even easier after talking with coach Gates and the rest of the staff."

Mosley narrowed his transfer options down to Mississippi State and Missouri before pledging to the Tigers on June 6.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
Manhattan transfer Jose Perez tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Oregon
Alabama
Memphis
Wake Forest
Kansas State
Mississippi State
West Virginia
Clemson
Nebraska
URI
UMass
San Diego
WKU
Nc State
Texas
Georgia Tech
DePaul
Missouri

and Louisville

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
14h
Deeply entrenched confidants in Columbia have raved about Nick Honor's preseason for Missouri.

Clemson transfer averaged 7.7 PPG last season in the ACC.

Key piece for the Tigers in Year One under Dennis Gates.

jbcarol

Next, let's take a look around the rest of the SEC:

QuoteD'Moi Hodge, a transfer from Cleveland State, was expected to be a stout defensive presence on Dennis Gates' first Mizzou squad. But his offensive game has been an incredible addition to his skill set so far this year. He earned SEC Player of the Week honors this week. He's now leading the Tigers, averaging 17 points per contest. He scored a whopping 30 points in Mizzou's 105-80 rout of SIUE on Tuesday, adding 18 more in a win over Mississippi Valley State on Sunday. He has a relentless motor and a nice stroke from long range...

jbcarol

Whitten Family Missouri Mens Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates discusses transfer Isiaih Mosley's absence from Kansas game 

QuoteMissouri dropped its first game of the season Saturday night against No. 6 Kansas, 95-67.

The Tigers, who were 9-0 prior to Saturday's loss, were without Isiaih Mosley once again. The Missouri State transfer has not played for the Tigers the past few games, citing a personal issue that is not behavioral related.

Power Mizzou@PowerMizzoucom
·
Dennis Gates: "I anticipate Isiaih helping us without a doubt...The transition he's going through, he's gonna get to the other side of it and he's gonna help us win ballgames and I'm excited about it....Everyone's transition is different. He'll help us without a doubt."
8:14 PM · Dec 10, 2022

Would be the second biggest SEC import from Missouri State after Bobby Petrino.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Portal Report@ThePortalReport
·

Eastern Washington transfer Steele Venters tells TPR that he has received interest from:

Gonzaga
Missouri
Butler
Creighton
USF
Colorado
Washington
UNLV
Santa Clara
Pepperdine
Colorado State
Loyola Marymount
Oregon
Florida
Washington State
USC
Stanford
Nebraska
Wisconsin

Venters...

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC
SDS Mailbag: If you were Dennis Gates at Mizzou, which 3 portal players would you most want?

QuoteWell, assuming Kobe Brown doesn't head to the NBA and returns for another year, that's a good piece to build around.

But losing D'Moi Hodge will hurt. There's no getting around that. So the Tigers need a perimeter shooter, a wing scorer and a big man, in my opinion.

One name you're going to hear connected to the Tigers a lot is North Carolina guard Caleb Love, who is a St. Louis native. He's a great scorer at times, but at other times, he shoots his team out of games.

Still, under Dennis Gates' coaching, I'd have confidence Love could have his best season in 2023-24.

Another guy I have high on my list is perhaps the biggest man in the transfer portal – 7-5 center Jamarion Sharp from Western Kentucky. The Tigers have not had a big interior presence in recent years. Well, it doesn't get much bigger than Sharp.

He's blocked 279 total shots in 2 years of college basketball. Mizzou was a bad rebounding team in 2022-23 and a bad overall defensive team. Sharp would single-handedly improve the Tigers' defense significantly.

Finally, how about Myles Stute, a 6-7 transfer forward from fellow SEC school Vanderbilt. He shot 43.2% from 3-point range in 2021-22 and followed it up with a 36.1% success rate in 2022-23. He'd add some wing size and some 3-point shooting ability this coming season.

Will the Tigers get those 3 guys?

1 or 2 of them would be a great sign for Gates entering next year!