Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Dusty Hannahs shoot his way to national attention?

Started by SportsLife, March 02, 2016, 09:26:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasI

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

IronMountainHog

Can make 87% of his free throws, but in crunch time dude is a choker.  Thank goodness for Bell taking care of things.

SportsLife

ArkansasI

Quote from: SportsLife on March 02, 2016, 10:21:26 pm
He blew that second free throw late. Odd.
Yes, but I struggle being too critical of Dusty. Easily the most creative player we have on offense. I know you can't hide him on defense, but we're damn lucky he decided to come home.

1highhog

Hannah's is a streaky shooter.  The way he started I thought he was going to be in for a great night then he goes as cold as ice.  I'm hoping next year Hannah's will be like a 6th man off the bench, I think that'll be a better role for him.  We need guys who will penetrate the paint and draw fouls, especially someone that shoots 87% from the line, I hate looking at a players stat line and see only one or two ft attempts, especially our guards, hopefully we'll have that next year.

hogcam

Our leading scorer our sixth man next year? Not the brightest thing to do

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogcam on March 03, 2016, 01:24:50 am
Our leading scorer our sixth man next year? Not the brightest thing to do

In our system coming off the bench doesn't mean much. You can come off the bench and play more than a starter does most nights.

1highhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2016, 01:28:46 am
In our system coming off the bench doesn't mean much. You can come off the bench and play more than a starter does most nights.

Exactly my point.  In Nolan's system, excuse me, CMA's system, a bench player can actually have more minutes than a starter, it just depends on how hot let's say Hannah's came out and played.  If he was on fire, leave him in, when he cools off, sit him.  Nolan done his throughout his Coaching career and it worked wonders for him.  Hannah's is our leading scorer because of need right now, but I think with the talent coming in next year plus returning talent being even better, Hannah's will be surpassed as top scorer.

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

Hannah is streaky and needs to be the 6th man next year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HOGINTENNESSEE

wheelspigharvey

He should already be a fan favorite among us.  I think hardcore college hoops fans, especially SEC fans he could be, the general public probably not.  He might not end up playing such a big role next season, but that would mean we are very talented at that spot which would be a good thing.

I like Hannahs, I think he's great.  I love the trash talk as well, very in line with the "messing with the other team's game" strategy.

HoopS

He will start next year. Watch. And he should.

And I'd love to see some of you shoot with a game on the line.

A true choker wouldn't have made either FT and thank goodness he did make one or we would have gone to OT.

I will take him on the line any day.

Hogsolo

Hannahs' game really relies on his legs and he tends to wear down.   Hopefully he can get a little more endurance in the off season.

You have to love what he's brought home to Arkansas.

hogcam

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2016, 01:28:46 am
Haha then what is the point of him being the sixth man?

1highhog

Quote from: hogcam on March 03, 2016, 11:55:10 am
Haha then what is the point of him being the sixth man?

You must not have been born when Nolan was runnin the Basketball program, he said this a lot, just because a player wasn't in the starting lineup didn't mean he wasn't going to get starters minutes, some players just play off the bench better and some don't.  I can name right off the top of my head 7-8 players during Nolan's days that seemed to actually struggle starting, but bring them in after one of Nolan's changeups and all of a sudden not only was that player on fire but he made the whole team get on fire.  A thing of beauty.

Nobody I don't think is down on Hannah's, I just think he'll play better coming off the bench than starting.

phadedhawg

Great shooter but tends to disappear at times during the game. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 03, 2016, 12:50:32 pm
Great shooter but tends to disappear at times during the game.
If he had Bell's quicker release...

hogcam

Quote from: 1highhog on March 03, 2016, 12:23:52 pm
You must not have been born when Nolan was runnin the Basketball program, he said this a lot, just because a player wasn't in the starting lineup didn't mean he wasn't going to get starters minutes, some players just play off the bench better and some don't.  I can name right off the top of my head 7-8 players during Nolan's days that seemed to actually struggle starting, but bring them in after one of Nolan's changeups and all of a sudden not only was that player on fire but he made the whole team get on fire.  A thing of beauty.

Nobody I don't think is down on Hannah's, I just think he'll play better coming off the bench than starting.
.. I was around and am aware that it does not matter if you start in Mike's and Nolan's systems.. That's my point though.. If he's gonna play the minutes of a starter, then it makes no sense for him to be sixth man unless you just happen to think he will play better off the bench which is not supported by any evidence. I just believe you should start your leading scorer. That's just me.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

You guys disgust me.

He's the most talented basketball player on the team.
He's probably the fourth or lesser talented player on the team.

He shoots for a great average and is the focus of every team we play....EVEN over Bell.

Why?  Because Bell can regularly get his 16 to 24.  Hannahs could blow up for 35 if you let him shoot uncontested.

Suck it you naysayers.   You obviously just want to nitpick and you don't understand competitive sports.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

1highhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 03, 2016, 02:48:21 pm
You guys disgust me.

He's the most talented basketball player on the team.
He's probably the fourth or lesser talented player on the team.

He shoots for a great average and is the focus of every team we play....EVEN over Bell.

Why?  Because Bell can regularly get his 16 to 24.  Hannahs could blow up for 35 if you let him shoot uncontested.

Suck it you naysayers.   You obviously just want to nitpick and you don't understand competitive sports.

What team did you play for in the NBA?  There's many of us that have played at least thru College, it may have been a small College, but I can tell you I understand College Basketball very well.  I understand the style of basketball that Coach Anderson plays because in high school which has been long ago we played and aggressive defense first that created turnovers which in turn led to Offense even back then.  We just didn't play as fast paced because we were a small school and usually only had 8-9 players. 

Hannah's is not the most talented player on this team, if you think so, you're blind.  That honor goes to Moses.  Next year Moses will be drafted and Moses is already starting to be a stat stuffer, Hannah's shoots 3's.  Hannah's should work on his driving in the paint be a 86% ft shooter and also since he's a streaky shooter he needs to work on trying to rebound more and work on his defense more.  Moses is already getting there this season, wait till next season.  That's why a player like Beverley is so wanted in the NBA, look at his stat's last night, his stat's across the board were filled for such a small player he had 9 rebounds, steals, assists, 15 points, Portis is going to be the same type of player to. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: 1highhog on March 03, 2016, 04:45:34 pm
What team did you play for in the NBA?  There's many of us that have played at least thru College, it may have been a small College, but I can tell you I understand College Basketball very well.  I understand the style of basketball that Coach Anderson plays because in high school which has been long ago we played and aggressive defense first that created turnovers which in turn led to Offense even back then.  We just didn't play as fast paced because we were a small school and usually only had 8-9 players. 

Hannah's is not the most talented player on this team, if you think so, you're blind.  That honor goes to Moses.  Next year Moses will be drafted and Moses is already starting to be a stat stuffer, Hannah's shoots 3's.  Hannah's should work on his driving in the paint be a 86% ft shooter and also since he's a streaky shooter he needs to work on trying to rebound more and work on his defense more.  Moses is already getting there this season, wait till next season.  That's why a player like Beverley is so wanted in the NBA, look at his stat's last night, his stat's across the board were filled for such a small player he had 9 rebounds, steals, assists, 15 points, Portis is going to be the same type of player to. 

Read my third line.

He's not even in the top four most talented players.
Maybe I should have said most skilled players.

Either way, he has definitely earned his place on the floor.
He's also normally pretty clutch except when someone wants to nitpick.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

1highhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 03, 2016, 05:23:54 pm

Read my third line.

He's not even in the top four most talented players.
Maybe I should have said most skilled players.

Either way, he has definitely earned his place on the floor.
He's also normally pretty clutch except when someone wants to nitpick.

Better said this time.  In the first quote you said he was the most talented, I was just pointing out that that player is Moses and Moses has a chance to be a lottery pick next year.

RzRbAcK18

Lets not forget that when Dusty gets hot, he usually gets benched shortly after.

Arkygrocer

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on March 03, 2016, 07:45:31 pm
Lets not forget that when Dusty gets hot, he usually gets benched shortly after.

I'm not sure I'd go THAT far but you can bet your life that within 30 seconds of the 14:00 minute mark of every game that come hell or high water or even a red hot scoring start, Dusty is headed to the bench. Of course, within another 30 seconds either way you can bet that both Bell and Moses will be there with him. I watch a lot of college basketball and I don't see a lot of other coaches sitting their entire starting 5 and going entirely to the bench like its a hockey game. Yeah, I know Nolan used to do it but Nolan isn't here and it's not nor will it ever again be 1994.

BRHogfan

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on March 03, 2016, 07:45:31 pm

Dusty gets benched when he does something Anderson doesn't like, like talking a little too much after burying a three etc. 

Everyone on the Hogs gets benched and gets back up again, though.

wheelspigharvey

Dusty plays about 27 minutes a game, right behind Moses who plays about 30.

Classic Mike, still winning even when the chips are down, still doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing.

HoopS

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 04, 2016, 11:40:22 am
Dusty plays about 27 minutes a game, right behind Moses who plays about 30.

Classic Mike, still winning even when the chips are down, still doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing.
isn't that amazing? Mike has no clue about recruiting or defense or how to properly use his players and wow he can't adjust to anything but somehow wins ballgames with supposedly less talent than the others because, you know, he can't recruit but he also can't coach a lick. It's a dang conspiracy by the other teams to let us win enough to keep him around. I'm telling ya. Now if we was lucky, we'd fire him and line up a staff from right here on the Hogsville.

mhuff

Quote from: 1highhog on March 02, 2016, 10:32:00 pm
Hannah's is a streaky shooter.  The way he started I thought he was going to be in for a great night then he goes as cold as ice.  I'm hoping next year Hannah's will be like a 6th man off the bench, I think that'll be a better role for him.  We need guys who will penetrate the paint and draw fouls, especially someone that shoots 87% from the line, I hate looking at a players stat line and see only one or two ft attempts, especially our guards, hopefully we'll have that next year.

That's the way I see it too. That way his defense won't hurt us so badly. He has been shooting better this year than I had anticipated, but his defense or lack thereof really hurts us.

mhuff

Quote from: HoopS on March 04, 2016, 08:12:42 pm
isn't that amazing? Mike has no clue about recruiting or defense or how to properly use his players and wow he can't adjust to anything but somehow wins ballgames with supposedly less talent than the others because, you know, he can't recruit but he also can't coach a lick. It's a dang conspiracy by the other teams to let us win enough to keep him around. I'm telling ya. Now if we was lucky, we'd fire him and line up a staff from right here on the Hogsville.

If you can recruit and coach, you're hired.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: HoopS on March 04, 2016, 08:12:42 pm

Classic. Imaginary +1

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

HoopS

Quote from: mhuff on March 04, 2016, 10:00:41 pm
If you can recruit and coach, you're hired.
I am not saying things are in the works behind the scenes, but if I were hired and asked you to help me with inbounds plays, could I count on you? Do you love the recruiting trail? Which AAU coaches are you pals with? Would you be willing to work on teaching our team how to box out?

Just pay attention to Dick Vitale's (Gruden) tie during the UNC/Duke game. Read between the colors to know the future. Take what you read, open your fortune cookie from Hunan Chef or whichever restaurant you choose, don't read the fortune, read the numbers. Reading between the lines on his tie color plus the series of numbers on the fortune cookie will show you the truth. Don't fight it. Vote for Pedro and all your dreams will come true.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 03, 2016, 08:13:50 am
Hannah is streaky and needs to be the 6th man next year.

He's #8 in the SEC in Fg percentage. He shoots over 45%. And from the 3 he shoots .447 percent. If he was streaky he'd be shooting a much lower percentage. Shooting anything over .333% on threes is good anything over .4 is gravy.

rickfahr