GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Alabama

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 02, 2016, 07:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 02, 2016, 10:13:18 pm
Great gift. Wasn't expecting it.
Gift?  We stole that sucker!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

rude1

How often do we get to see  back to back road wins? Good win tonight.

Razorbacks#1

Four in a row, the last two on the road. I like the peak at the end of the season. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

BentonvilleJeff

Stole one on the road. Proud of this team! Go Hogs

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 02, 2016, 10:14:01 pm
Gift?  We stole that sucker!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Wrong choice of words. Thanks for the correction.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HawgnCorona

This game was really fun to watch...I was going to be proud of this team. Win or lose. I'm am ecstatic with this win.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jfred59

Quote from: razCzar on March 02, 2016, 10:12:03 pm
Ugh!  The reason I kept the volume off much of the game.

Great win, Hogs!

Joe is probably crying with Ted Valentine after the game

WMHawgfan

Great effort tonight. Love getting a win in a place where we never play well

SexyBeast77

Houston Nutt called, he said congratulations Mike on winning enough to keep your job without actually being competitive. This is what Razorback Athletics is all about!

elksnort

Quote from: lefty08 on March 02, 2016, 10:08:57 pm
This team was nails tonight, and Mike still doesn't have a losing season
Agree, in spite of some of there horrible games this season.

Except for two, they've played pretty well on the road.

Very nice won tonight.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 02, 2016, 10:16:31 pm
Wrong choice of words. Thanks for the correction.
Hard to say, really, but it's a W!  That's all that matters at this point.   :razorback:

Whoo Pig Sooie   :P

razCzar

Welcome to the top half of the conference..

Texas A&M 12-5
Kentucky   12-5
Vanderbilt   11-6
LSU           11-6
South Car 10-6
Ole Miss    9-8
Arkansas   9-8

HawgnCorona

Quote from: rude1 on March 02, 2016, 10:15:15 pm
How often do we get to see  back to back road wins? Good win tonight.

Not often. But it sure is "purdy" when it happens...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 02, 2016, 10:19:02 pm
Houston Nutt called, he said congratulations Mike on winning enough to keep your job without actually being competitive. This is what Razorback Athletics is all about!

Gawd, you are a big [CENSORED] snatch.
[CENSORED]!

HawgnCorona

And just think, we were picked to finish 11th in the SEC...now we are tied for sixth place.

Ironhawg

HawgnCorona

That just breaks your pea pickin' heart doesn't?

BadHog

Really glad I don't have to hear these commentators say "obasohan" one more time.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Letsroll1200

It's good to beat Bama because it's been 10 years in the other sport. I will take it brother

lefty08

Quote from: razCzar on March 02, 2016, 10:19:38 pm
Welcome to the top half of the conference..

Texas A&M 12-5
Kentucky   12-5
Vanderbilt   11-6
LSU           11-6
South Car 10-6
Ole Miss    9-8
Arkansas   9-8

We have a shot at the 5 seed!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

razCzar

Quote from: BadHog on March 02, 2016, 10:25:52 pm
Really glad I don't have to hear these commentators say "obasohan" one more time.
LOL, good one.

lefty08

That egg against auburn really hurts, we could have potentially had a shot at 3rd, and been on the bubble
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

intelligence

nice to have a silver lining for this season. nice poise by the team in this game. thought they would crack when alabama made runs, but they persevered. good job by MA and team.

elksnort

your are correct. We ought to be better.
But you take what you can get at times.

elksnort

Quote from: intelligence on March 02, 2016, 10:27:58 pm
nice to have a silver lining for this season. nice poise by the team in this game. thought they would crack when alabama made runs, but they persevered. good job by MA and team.
Exactly.
The inside outside game can be very good. We lack a star forward.

Mick Hogger

Why is Houston Nutt calling you? You need better friends.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

TheRazorback500

It looks rough with the second team out there at times, but they gave the scorers some needed rest and we got into 'Bama's legs at the end of the game.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

azhog10

Dont act too depressed.

wheelspigharvey

Might as well be a Bama fan.  Sure they'd love to have you.

chiti66

Notice how we pressed very little the last couple games......great win!  Woo pig!

wheelspigharvey

So in the post game Bell called Beard "Ton" so is one Ant and the other Ton?

Uncommon

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 02, 2016, 10:47:12 pm
So in the post game Bell called Beard "Ton" so is one Ant and the other Ton?
It's Lon and Ton, genius.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Uncommon on March 02, 2016, 10:48:20 pm
It's Lon and Ton, genius.

Ha ha scuse me my bad

Edit:  I just got that like five minutes after posting that response ha ha.  But wouldn't Bell be Hlon then?

Hollywood_HOGan45

This dad gum team just won't give in!!

I did after the auburn game. Amazing perseverance.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I don't typically look for media slights vs us.

However,  I stuck around for SEC Now post game, and you'd think Bama won the game by watching their recap and highlights.   There had to be a 3:1 favor towards Bama.

Amazing.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Ironhawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 02, 2016, 11:06:40 pm
I don't typically look for media slights vs us.

However,  I stuck around for SEC Now post game, and you'd think Bama won the game by watching their recap and highlights.   There had to be a 3:1 favor towards Bama.

Amazing.

Bama is the Texas of the SEC.  They're just smarter about the revenue sharing.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: chiti66 on March 02, 2016, 10:44:09 pm
Notice how we pressed very little the last couple games......great win!  Woo pig!

They typically do that on the road. Even Nolan was this way because the home team tends to get more whistles.

We don't have the greatest road record so the idea that pressing less means more wins isn't accurate.

As a matter of fact, we are the only one of the top 5 teams that press the most not be solidly in the field of 68 at this point. If you think pressing no longer works you would just be plain wrong.

DeltaBoy

Solid Win for the Hogs on the Road.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

team & coaches have done a terrific job since auburn
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Arbonnejen

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Arbonnejen on March 03, 2016, 03:01:28 pm
We waited a long tim for it!!

Seriously?
I'd been waiting for a long tom.
Man I got that wrong.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

lefty08

Quote from: Arbonnejen on March 03, 2016, 03:01:28 pm
We waited a long tim for it!!

Yep, unfortunately for you we had the 2 last year

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me: