Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just watched SEC Now

Started by lynbug, March 02, 2016, 10:11:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

They analyzed the upcoming tourney and which lower ranked teams might have the best chance to make a run and why:

Ole Miss--Stephan Moody
Miss State--their recent run and, most importantly, Ben Howland's tournament resume
Alabama--Avery Johnson's experience
Auburn--their coach and the run they made last year

I guess they don't expect squat from Arkansas.  It's this type of thing that's feels like salt in a wound.  But when I looked at the standings they have the same SEC record (or worse--Auburn) as Arkansas.  Why no love?

Jackrabbit Hog

Because outside the borders of this state, there's no buzz.  Considering our record away from BWA, hard to blame those guys for looking over us.

But I hope we do prove them wrong.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BRHogfan

Quote from: lynbug on March 02, 2016, 10:11:18 am
They analyzed the upcoming tourney and which lower ranked teams might have the best chance to make a run and why:

Ole Miss--Stephan Moody
Miss State--their recent run and, most importantly, Ben Howland's tournament resume

I guess they don't expect squat from Arkansas.  It's this type of thing that's feels like salt in a wound.  But when I looked at the standings they have the same SEC record (or worse--Auburn) as Arkansas.  Why no love?

Last year we were able to win two games and got blown out in the final.  Every other year, Anderson has flamed out in the first game.

Our ranking and schedule makes it pretty likely that we will have to play Kentucky or Texas A&M on Friday.  It's a lot more likely that a team can make a run if they catch those guys on Saturday. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: lynbug on March 02, 2016, 10:11:18 am

Ole Miss--Stephan Moody

Because until the last 10 days we looked like a team that was fading away and ready for the season to be over.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2016, 10:17:34 am
Because outside the borders of this state, there's no buzz.  Considering our record away from BWA, hard to blame those guys for looking over us.

But I hope we do prove them wrong.
We really weren't bad on the road this year. A lot of them were close losses.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jim shell

Its unfortunate, but the team with the most points usually wins..

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jim shell on March 02, 2016, 05:48:36 pm

Touche.  I see you are a student of ErieHog.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

1highhog

2 wins on the road don't get you much respect, no matter how close they were, some were to very bad teams.  Until we change our road record and quit flaming out so quick in the SEC Tournament, we're not going to get the love.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Ask yourself this, "Do you honestly believe that as a lower seeded team, we can string together all the wins necessary to make it to the finals?   Not win, just get there with every game essentially being a road game? " 

I like the heart of this team, but to win, our outclassed team can't have off nights.  Our room for errors is thin at most, nonexistent and worst.

Is it possible mathematically,  sure.  Will you put a Benjamin on it?  Of course  not.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: jim shell on March 02, 2016, 05:48:36 pm

Don't be so negative.   ;)