Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

good win!

Started by dsims2k3, February 27, 2016, 09:30:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Danny J

Much needed for this teams confidence. I thought the bench played really well tonight. I thought Trey, Jimmy and Beard played really well and that is encouraging. I like that Trey is being more aggressive and using his size down low. CMA showed a lot of confidence in him late in the game when he was out of breath....took him out to catch his breath.....brought him right back in and he scored. Also got some good rebounds late when the game was still in doubt.

SamBuckhart

Road wins are a precious commodity. Congratulations HOGS!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

rude1

Good road win, made shots tonight. Made enough shots to offset being dominated on the boards.

Hawg Red

Win out in the regular season and they guarantee a winning record. Keeps Anderson's streak in tact.

HognitiveDissonance

Any road win is a good win. They're always a little more enjoyable than a home win.

Solid game.

I believe that's four in a row over Tennessee ?

hogsanity

Sorry, been dealing with life. That was a pretty well played on the road. Well deserved win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jackflash

Have to give Mike credit here

labb

Well, it was a great win......but remember Tenn was with out three starters.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: labb on February 28, 2016, 05:42:51 pm
so what, we play the next team on the schedule. At the end of the day a win is a win.

gmarv

a very good win, its been hard on everybody to win on the road in the sec this year.

Nipsey Mussle

We've lost road games by 20+ in those situations, so just enjoy this.

Swinesong1

How many starters were they missing when they lost in Fayetteville?

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HognitiveDissonance

That's true...but at the end of the day, it still counts as a win. 20 years from now, nobody analyzes who played and who didn't.

Things happen all the time, for us and against us. You just play the games as they come.

I would still count it as a good win.

Polecat

This is one of those wins that causes me to go back and "what if" some of the disappointing losses. Could easily be 10-6 right now and near contention for the title........
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RyeHogFan

I know it's sad to have to resort to this line of thinking, but if we win our last two regular season games and then win one in the SEC tourney, do you think we have a legitimate shot at the NIT?  That would put us at 18-15. 

labb

Mike is going to pack enough suits for the whole tournament. We gonna win the damn thing. What the hell. It could happen...

alaback

Quote from: Polecat on February 29, 2016, 10:09:01 am
This is one of those wins that causes me to go back and "what if" some of the disappointing losses. Could easily be 10-6 right now and near contention for the title........

Auburn, @LSU, @UGA.  Prior to that, Stanford, Mercer, @Wake, @Dayton.  I suppose Vandy and A&M could have gone the other way too.  Season definitely could have been viewed in a much more positive light had we capitalized on opportunities earlier.

hogman99

Quote from: jackflash on February 28, 2016, 05:18:28 pm
Have to give Mike credit here

For figuring out not to press the majority of the game and playing more zone? Agree

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: alaback on February 29, 2016, 12:00:32 pm
Auburn, @LSU, @UGA.  Prior to that, Stanford, Mercer, @Wake, @Dayton.  I suppose Vandy and A&M could have gone the other way too.  Season definitely could have been viewed in a much more positive light had we capitalized on opportunities earlier.

Stanford.....smh.

Pork Twain

Two solid wins in a row, great job hogs.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jjdlc

Quote from: alaback on February 29, 2016, 12:00:32 pm

Throw @FL in there too.  I can't recall ever watching a team, Hog or otherwise, come so close only to come up short so many times in one season as this one has.

HoopS

As Mike said, experience is what got us. A missed FT, a bad in bounds pass, a ball slapped away, inability to get a shot off, a blown rebound opportunity, etc,...

Lot of little things that inexperience with close game late shows up. As bad as our record is, we were dang close to having a pretty good season. But it is what it is.

Now we gotta finish strong.

Beard, Thompson and Whitt coming on has been huge and very encouraging for the future.

I thought this team had enough to do better than they have.  Still think they did.  Maybe they will look respectable going out.  We figured out ways to lose this season that hadn't come out of the closet in a few years.  Maybe they'll find a way to win a few.

dsims2k3

:razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

FreshHog

Quote from: rude1 on February 27, 2016, 10:00:38 pm
Good road win, made shots tonight. Made enough shots to offset being dominated on the boards.

A) Yep good road win.
B) They made ~5% less of their FGs than alabama
C) They OUTREBOUNDED alabama...
D) They won because of defense, and thats great to see!

And speaking of rebounding, this team has rebounded very well from those 3 losses not to long ago.