Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions from here out

Started by Rawker, February 08, 2016, 04:21:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 18, 2016, 04:04:11 pm
Just some jackass that wasn't around then to say that but wants to tell someone how wrong they were. Bigdaddyhawg at least called it out at the time.

+1
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HogBreath

Quote from: Uncommon on February 18, 2016, 04:31:21 pm
So what is it looking like now?

Looks like the Bear is punkin the Bear rassler.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hobhog

Predict people will stay frustrated and stay away....

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hobhog on February 18, 2016, 05:52:36 pm
Predict people will stay frustrated and stay away....

Hey, watch out ... nothing hurts like the truth.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 10, 2016, 12:34:04 pm
Here's the reality, folks.  Drink it in.

Your guys here need a dose of it.

Hey, so, uh, I've been more accurate thus far than that dose of reality you recommended for me. I incorrectly predicted wins at Miss State and at home against Auburn (as everyone did), but the poster you quoted incorrectly predicted a loss at home vs LSU and a loss on the road to UT, as well as a home win against Auburn. He's 3-3 and I am at 4-2.

So who needs the dose of reality here?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2016, 04:36:25 pm
Hey, so, uh, I've been more accurate thus far than that dose of reality you recommended for me. I incorrectly predicted wins at Miss State and at home against Auburn (as everyone did), but the poster you quoted incorrectly predicted a loss at home vs LSU and a loss on the road to UT, as well as a home win against Auburn. He's 3-3 and I am at 4-2.

So who needs the dose of reality here?

You're at 4-2?  You predicted:

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 09, 2016, 09:22:50 am
6-2 the rest of the way. Losses at Ole Miss and either Bama or UT. Big home wins against LSU and SC.

18-13 (11-7 SEC) going into the SECT.

They're at 15-14, 8-8.  You're not even close, unless they lose only one more game the rest of the way.  Is that what you're going to predict?

He predicted:

Final record 15-17, 8-10.  I don't have your distorted perspective on the truth, but I'm willing to bet he gets closer to the right record at the end than you do.

And you're bragging?

Again, for your own sake, and to minimize your embarrassment, get a deeper dose of reality, please.

But we'll revisit this when we both KNOW the facts of what happened.  Then we'll see who has to eat some crow.

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 28, 2016, 07:42:25 pm
You're at 4-2?  You predicted:

They're at 15-14, 8-8.  You're not even close, unless they lose only one more game the rest of the way.  Is that what you're going to predict?

He predicted:

Final record 15-17, 8-10.  I don't have your distorted perspective on the truth, but I'm willing to bet he gets closer to the right record at the end than you do.

And you're bragging?

Again, for your own sake, and to minimize your embarrassment, get a deeper dose of reality, please.

But we'll revisit this when we both KNOW the facts of what happened.  Then we'll see who has to eat some crow.

I predicted 6-2 the rest of the way. That was right before the Mississippi State game. I said we'd lose @ Ole Miss and either UT or Bama. We win everything else. So, game-by-game...

@ Miss State (projected W) - 0-1
@ Ole Miss (projected L) - 1-1
Auburn (projected W) - 1-2
Mizzou (projected W) - 2-2
LSU (projected W) - 3-2
@ Tennessee (projected W here or @ Bama) - 4-2

I've correctly predicted 4 of the 6 games played since I made that post, which is more accurate than the post you quoted as telling me I needed to take in as a dose of reality. But he's been more off than I have. I see us likely losing our next game at Bama (which I predicted) and I think we'll be SC at home. They've been struggling on the road of late (losses at MSU and Mizzou). We got 1-1 the rest of the way and I end up 6/8 on those predictions. Better than him. All you have to admit is that I wasn't as far off as you liked to have said I was. Period. Facts are there.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2016, 09:26:58 pm
I predicted 6-2 the rest of the way. That was right before the Mississippi State game. I said we'd lose @ Ole Miss and either UT or Bama. We win everything else. So, game-by-game...

LSU (projected W) - 3-2

I've correctly predicted 4 of the 6 games played since I made that post, which is more accurate than the post you quoted as telling me I needed to take in as a dose of reality. But he's been more off than I have. I see us likely losing our next game at Bama (which I predicted) and I think we'll be SC at home. They've been struggling on the road of late (losses at MSU and Mizzou). We got 1-1 the rest of the way and I end up 6/8 on those predictions. Better than him. All you have to admit is that I wasn't as far off as you liked to have said I was. Period. Facts are there.

Yet no one who's filled this thread and board with "this team quit" and "the staff does nothing" will get dissected this much. 

bigdaddyhawg

LSU (projected W) - 3-2

You proclaiming victory IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTEST -- my point was: wait til it's over!!

Still, I'm sure you looking not so much a fool right now does help your ego, so go with it while you can.  I won't rub it in when at the end you've been shown to be wrong.  I promise.

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 29, 2016, 07:25:08 am
You proclaiming victory IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTEST -- my point was: wait til it's over!!

Still, I'm sure you looking not so much a fool right now does help your ego, so go with it while you can.  I won't rub it in when at the end you've been shown to be wrong.  I promise.

I'm not claiming any kind of victory or bragging. We're also not in the middle of the "contest," we're 75% of the way through. But you told me I needed a dose of reality, when my prediction for the remainder of the season has been a more accurate representation of how reality has played out. We won 1 of the 2 road games I projected. A 50% success rate is surely better than the 0% you told me I needed to accept. We did have a very bad loss at home to Auburn, but no one thought we'd lose that. Just one of those games. They came back from it and are in very good shape to finish the season winning 4/5, as I projected, as opposed to closing the season out losing 3/5 as your supposed dose of reality called for.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 29, 2016, 07:40:41 am
But you told me I needed a dose of reality,

Yes, my friend, and you still do!  ;)

I'll get you trained yet!!

Rawker

Quote from: BRHogfan on February 09, 2016, 11:25:09 am
I just expect air tight journalism on Hogville, my man.

Hehe.  Like that.

Rawker

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on February 29, 2016, 06:45:56 am
Yet no one who's filled this thread and board with "this team quit" and "the staff does nothing" will get dissected this much.

Trudat.  And that stuff is such a load of cripe.  Yeah, Mike just quit, and his players did too....gimme a break.  This team has had a number of VERY unfortunate games this year, but the talent level puts them in the sweet spot where any game they could lose, but if they have good games as individuals and as a team, they can obviously win.  But at no point has anyone given up.  People just say that because THEY gave up.  When this team's mediocre talent is exposed, they can really get caught on the back of their heels, like the Miss St and Auburn game, and it looks like they've given up, but they certainly have not; it showed in the UT and LSU game that they have high hopes going into each game and have certainly not given up.  That's just a preposterous notion, put forth by someone who apparently has not played anything on a pressurized level.

Rawker

By the way....though the Auburn game totally sucked and I had high hopes @MissSt, especially since the Hogs made them look like punks at home, the ultimate results  of my original posting, at 5-3, are still in play at this point.  I stand by my prediction that they will lose at AL, but I certainly hope they can win like they did at TN.  Win that and the SC game, and the prediction is correct record-wise.  So it's still in play - contrary to the naysaying.  Now, the NIT invite is still questionable, because the losses in that run are to MSST and AUBURN, who both suck.  On the other hand, the LSU win looks great, and if they DO beat SC, that would also look great.  So the NIT invite is still possible.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Rawker on February 29, 2016, 05:23:30 pm
Trudat.  And that stuff is such a load of cripe.  Yeah, Mike just quit, and his players did too....gimme a break.  This team has had a number of VERY unfortunate games this year, but the talent level puts them in the sweet spot where any game they could lose, but if they have good games as individuals and as a team, they can obviously win.  But at no point has anyone given up.  People just say that because THEY gave up.  When this team's mediocre talent is exposed, they can really get caught on the back of their heels, like the Miss St and Auburn game, and it looks like they've given up, but they certainly have not; it showed in the UT and LSU game that they have high hopes going into each game and have certainly not given up.  That's just a preposterous notion, put forth by someone who apparently has not played anything on a pressurized level.

The team didn't quit but they didn't look prepared and Anderson did himself no favors on his comments about his players.  Preposterous is holding up a player who did what your recent fav did because he could dunk well.  LSU does look like they have given up and UT was missing significant contributors but lets go on about how great those wins were. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

husker71

This team has overachieved in my view.  If you look at some of my (and others) before the season and early season posts not many of us thought we would play this well.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: husker71 on February 29, 2016, 05:43:13 pm
This team has overachieved in my view.  If you look at some of my (and others) before the season and early season posts not many of us thought we would play this well.

Some did.  You were wrong.  But setting those expectations low and fluid is what we are supposed to do now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hobhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 29, 2016, 05:45:29 pm
Some did.  You were wrong.  But setting those expectations low and fluid is what we are supposed to do now.

Low bars are easier to jump over.....

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 09, 2016, 09:22:50 am
6-2 the rest of the way. Losses at Ole Miss and either Bama or UT. Big home wins against LSU and SC.

18-13 (11-7 SEC) going into the SECT.

I picked 18 wins going into the season. That's my story and I am sticking with it; however, that's counting the SECT. I thought three weeks ago that my prediction was sucking pond water. Actually there is a chance to make it and a NIT invite. IF that happens , it would be cool. Gotta play some defense.

lynbug

Quote from: mhuff on March 01, 2016, 03:41:22 pm
I picked 18 wins going into the season. That's my story and I am sticking with it; however, that's counting the SECT. I thought three weeks ago that my prediction was sucking pond water. Actually there is a chance to make it and a NIT invite. IF that happens , it would be cool. Gotta play some defense.

I think the win at TN (even though their top two scorers didn't play) should give them some confidence and momentum going into Bama.  We actually kept our heads on straight down the stretch on Saturday.  If we do buckle down and beat the Tide we have no excuse against SC.  After all we did beat aTm at our house.  Playing in the NIT can't be harmful--it just gives them one or two more games but I'll take it.

Rawker

Quote from: Rawker on February 29, 2016, 05:30:37 pm
By the way....though the Auburn game totally sucked and I had high hopes @MissSt, especially since the Hogs made them look like punks at home, the ultimate results  of my original posting, at 5-3, are still in play at this point.  I stand by my prediction that they will lose at AL, but I certainly hope they can win like they did at TN.  Win that and the SC game, and the prediction is correct record-wise.  So it's still in play - contrary to the naysaying.  Now, the NIT invite is still questionable, because the losses in that run are to MSST and AUBURN, who both suck.  On the other hand, the LSU win looks great, and if they DO beat SC, that would also look great.  So the NIT invite is still possible.

Still going!  I don't expect to beat BAMA in their house if we're the #1 team.  They always seem to have ONE guy like Obasahan who kills us.  The Hogs went out and amazingly got that one, so it's still rolling!

bigdaddyhawg

LSU (projected W) - 3-2

You're looking better and better.

Hawg Red

Absolutely pathetic showing today. What a maddening team this has been at times this season. I can't wrap my head how they lost this one. I really can't. You go out and win two road games and then come back on senior day and lay an egg against a struggling team without it's best player/leader?

I was wrong about them, obviously, but damn.

OperationRestoreHawgBall