Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Watch Party in Central Florida?

Started by SNORTZENHOGGER, August 17, 2017, 08:39:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNORTZENHOGGER

Any ideas where a good place to meet up with some Hog fans in Central Florida to hang and watch some Razorback football?
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

SNORTZENHOGGER

Gotta be some Hawg fans here in Central Florida...
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

hobhog

B Ray

I'm looking to relocate to Florida within the month , what area are youvkocates in ?

GunnerHawg70

Heck, I'm still trying to rally Hog fans at Lendy's Bar and Grill in Virginia Beach, VA!!!!   ;)

Headhog32

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 10:52:20 am
goodluck ;D

No kidding...It was a miserable thing during the Bowl game against all these VT Hokie fans here.   :puke:

Headhog32

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on August 18, 2017, 11:04:56 am
No kidding...It was a miserable thing during the Bowl game against all these VT Hokie fans here.   :puke:
probably even worse after the loss lol

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 11:05:35 am
probably even worse after the loss lol

It literally went from me laughing at all the Hokie fans before the half to asking for my tab in the 4th qtr with my tail tucked and taking down my Hog flags on the ride!!! WTH is a Hokies anyways?!?! (yah, I'm hatin and still bitter about that one)...LOL

Headhog32

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on August 18, 2017, 11:11:24 am
It literally went from me laughing at all the Hokie fans before the half to asking for my tab in the 4th qtr with my tail tucked and taking down my Hog flags on the ride!!! WTH is a Hokies anyways?!?! (yah, I'm hatin and still bitter about that one)...LOL
haha, understandable. i think the hokie is another name for a turkey? some type of bird. not very intimidating

LZH

When you say Central Florida, do you mean Orlando? There are Thirty or so hog fans that get together in West Tampa at one of the sports bars. I haven't been, but ran into a guy at the airport who told me about it and even gave me his card, but I haven't been yet.

tampahog

heres the link to the Tampa Bay Alumni club.  They host watch parties for most games in the Tampa Westshore area.  Not sure about Orlando.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/293339875516/

LZH

Quote from: tampahog on August 18, 2017, 11:49:29 am
heres the link to the Tampa Bay Alumni club.  They host watch parties for most games in the Tampa Westshore area.  Not sure about Orlando.

V
There you go. Hell, you may be the guy I met at the airport. Apparently there are several hog fans down here and it is a bar or hotel or something in WestShore or Rocky Point that everybody comes together during hog games. I just haven't left the house....my bad.

tampahog

PM me your facebook name and I'll add you to the group

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: LZH on August 18, 2017, 11:53:21 am
V
There you go. Hell, you may be the guy I met at the airport. Apparently there are several hog fans down here and it is a bar or hotel or something in WestShore or Rocky Point that everybody comes together during hog games. I just haven't left the house....my bad.

Not trying to tell you what to do, LZH - to each their own - but a friendly suggestion to give it a try one time.  You may become addicted!

I have never been to the Tampa watch parties.  But drawing from my own experience here in Dallas, we have a lot of fun.  When you're there with 20-30 or more Hog fans all watching the game, the reactions and "crowd noise" simulate the feeling of being in the stands with your fellow Hog brethren.  We call the Hogs after scores, and it's a  hoot to see the incredulous looks on others who had just wandered in for a lunch.

Certainly, it isn't everybody's cup of tea, so to speak.  But I do think it's worth giving a chance.  Plus, you never know who you'll meet that you might know or might know someone you do, etc. 

tampahog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 18, 2017, 01:04:57 pm
Not trying to tell you what to do, LZH - to each their own - but a friendly suggestion to give it a try one time.  You may become addicted!

I have never been to the Tampa watch parties.  But drawing from my own experience here in Dallas, we have a lot of fun.  When you're there with 20-30 or more Hog fans all watching the game, the reactions and "crowd noise" simulate the feeling of being in the stands with your fellow Hog brethren.  We call the Hogs after scores, and it's a  hoot to see the incredulous looks on others who had just wandered in for a lunch.

Certainly, it isn't everybody's cup of tea, so to speak.  But I do think it's worth giving a chance.  Plus, you never know who you'll meet that you might know or might know someone you do, etc. 
It's always fun to go to these.  The great thing about Arkansas folks is that you can always find people you know in common (no more than 2 degrees of separation).   we usually make at least 2+ of these per year and the Tampa group gets together for most of the games with attendance usually 20-30.  Great group of people.

SNORTZENHOGGER

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on August 18, 2017, 10:50:59 am
Heck, I'm still trying to rally Hog fans at Lendy's Bar and Grill in Virginia Beach, VA!!!!   ;)
In the Orlando area

SNORTZENHOGGER

Quote from: LZH on August 18, 2017, 11:53:21 am
V
Cool, thanks

SNORTZENHOGGER

Quote from: tampahog on August 18, 2017, 11:49:29 am

Thanks TampaHog!

CarsRFun

Im local to you I might have to come out there for a game.. its hard to ditch my TV and Beer at home tho LOL!!!

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on August 18, 2017, 10:50:59 am

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: CarsRFun on August 22, 2017, 07:29:51 am
Im local to you I might have to come out there for a game.. its hard to ditch my TV and Beer at home tho LOL!!!

hahahahaha!!!! That's a fact but I like to get out every now and then if I can't make a live game.  Went to Neyland and sat in the Vols section because my buddy thought it would be funny to watch me Hog call in enemy territory!!!  Well we all know who won that game!!!  BTW, Tenner fans are quite the fun and hospitable bunch for tailgating and game atmosphere...Hope to catch ya up there @CarsRFun...+1