Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dalton Santos

Started by A Hogwork Orange, June 08, 2011, 11:03:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A Hogwork Orange

VenturaHog

Germans, as they say.

But yes, it is good for us. I believe Bama offered him recently, he's pretty stoked on that one.

mmhogs17

This was inevitable.. He wants to visit again this summer, and maybe take an official.

NeverYield

I like this, from what we've read on him, he sounds pretty pumped about being a Hog.  Hope he hooks up soon!
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: VenturaHog on June 09, 2011, 12:54:24 am
Germans, as they say.

But yes, it is good for us. I believe Bama offered him recently, he's pretty stoked on that one.

He committed to OSU when he was a well regarded 3* MLB.  He has blown up in camps and the Bama offer was a game changer.  It is rumored that OU and/or Texas may offer soon.  There is talk that A&M is becoming a player in his recruitment as well.

Hogdude72

How could this kid possibly turn down the Okie Light HC who's a self-proclaimed "MAN"!?!?

yraciv

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-LB-Dalton-Santos-will-transfer-after-graduating-45141878

Is transferring from Texas, and immediately eligible.  We once received a late visit from him, and we always could use LB.  Wonder if there is any mutual interest.  Guy has had a lot of injuries, so not sure how healthy he is these days or if he may be a fit.

bigdaddyhawg

Now this one transfer rumor I could see coming true.

It would be a good deal for the Hogs IMO.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Jackrabbit Hog

If I recall, he was going to be in the same class as Vin Ascolese.  Obviously Vin scared him away.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 02, 2016, 08:33:24 pm
If I recall, he was going to be in the same class as Vin Ascolese.  Obviously Vin scared him away.
Hell, Vin scared his own self away....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Music City Hog

He sucked at Texas so...

yraciv

Quote from: Music City Hog on May 02, 2016, 08:57:38 pm
He sucked at Texas so...

Bud did he though? I can't stand watching UT so I really don't all that often, but he started at LB, was 4th in tackles, on a 8-5 team with an average defense in 2013.  Average NCAA ranking is probably a little better than average considering Big 12 offenses.  He hasn't played in a year, so I'd say it's hard to judge what he has left.

Pig in the Pokey

we could use a seasoned LB...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazorBassin

If CBB thinks he fits, I'm all for it

island hog

I've watched him since he signed with tu and he's played a lot of ball for them. He is a prototypical middle linebacker who has had to come off the field more than in a normal scheme... Big 12 pass happy league wasn't the place for him. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Music City Hog on May 02, 2016, 08:57:38 pm
He sucked at Texas so...

Doubt he sucked.  May not have been a stud.

Could add a lot of experienced depth quickly.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

I don't really know how good the young man is but with LB talent/depth issues like we have, it can't hurt to give him a shot if he's interested

GalaHawg

We already have Nate Dalton and Santos  Ramirez on defense... Can you imagine the confusion that this would create for Verne Lundquist when our games are on CBS? Have mercy...

Peter Porker

Doubt he'd want to transfer to a school where he'd be a backup.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Richard Davenport

Unless something changes, Arkansas will not be pursuing Dalton.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 03, 2016, 01:08:49 pm

Well, there it is.  Thanks, Richard.

3kgthog

If we weren't good enough for him the first time, I see no need to bother reaching out. I'm glad we aren't.

Been10Hog

Don't need a shorthorn! Believe he had committed to us then flipped when UT gave him late offer. Don't need/want him. He couldn't even help give us a good look on the scout team as evidenced by how well he stopped us in the Texas Bowl! ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

Pig in the Pokey

he's probably a spy sent to infiltrate and steer recruits/transfer to Texas anyway.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 03, 2016, 01:08:49 pm

Dalton is not interested in Arkansas.

yraciv

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 14, 2016, 01:56:39 pm

And you know this 10 days later how? I haven't heard anything about his future plans since the news broke.

ricepig

Quote from: yraciv on May 14, 2016, 02:13:07 pm
And you know this 10 days later how? I haven't heard anything about his future plans since the news broke.

Don't pay attention to him, he's just putting his spin on RD's post, lol know your posters!!!

hogsfan31

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 14, 2016, 01:56:39 pm

And Arkansas is not interested in him. So that's a wash. Mutual feelings all around.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TechDawg-Hawg

He's going to Louisiana Tech

yraciv

Quote from: TechDawg-Hawg on May 17, 2016, 11:38:27 pm
He's going to Louisiana Tech

So he is coming to Fayetteville after all?  ;)

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: yraciv on May 14, 2016, 02:13:07 pm

See, I was right.

yraciv

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 18, 2016, 12:52:37 pm
See, I was right.

I think RD was more right. Either way he is still coming to Fayetteville this fall.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: yraciv on May 18, 2016, 01:29:17 pm
I think RD was more right. Either way he is still coming to Fayetteville this fall.
Whatever man.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on May 14, 2016, 02:17:07 pm
Don't pay attention to him, he's just putting his spin on RD's post, lol know your posters!!!
this
@Slackaveli

longpig

Quote from: RazorBassin on May 03, 2016, 07:31:47 am
If CBB thinks he fits, I'm all for it

"If Hogville thinks he fits, I'm all for it" - CBB
Don't be scared, be smart.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

HogimusMaximus

You are welcome Richard.