Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 In-state QB gets an offer

Started by ricepig, April 28, 2016, 12:43:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

presidenthog

Dan Enos must have liked his hand shake.

PorkRinds

I'm kind of confused.  247 has him listed as a pro style QB, but last time I checked Greenwood doesn't run a pro style system.  Wilson came from Greenwood and couldn't take a snap from under center at first.   Jones doesn't run a pro-style system, so how can his QB be considered a pro style QB?  I do like this kid though.  I've seen him play and he's a gamer, for sure.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2016, 01:39:52 pm
I'm kind of confused.  247 has him listed as a pro style QB, but last time I checked Greenwood doesn't run a pro style system.  Wilson came from Greenwood and couldn't take a snap from under center at first.   Jones doesn't run a pro-style system, so how can his QB be considered a pro style QB?  I do like this kid though.  I've seen him play and he's a gamer, for sure.

Projection?? As in not a run first QB??

Deep Shoat

For rankings, Pro Style just means "doesn't run much".  He's a drop back, in the pocket style player.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Gotcha.  I guess they use those terms pretty loosely. 

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2016, 02:06:06 pm
Gotcha.  I guess they use those terms pretty loosely. 

Yeah, along with height, weight, 40 time..........

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 02:08:05 pm
Yeah, along with height, weight, 40 time..........
anybody know his measurables??

riccoar

Zen_Hog

Might be a dual sport athlete. Noland also has an offer by CDVH for baseball.

RazorPiggie

Not many HSs run a true Pro-Style. But GW hasn't had many running QBs in the past.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Zen_Hog on April 28, 2016, 03:13:27 pm
Might be a dual sport athlete. Noland also has an offer by CDVH for baseball.

He also has baseball offers from Stanford, Northwestern and several others and both baseball and football offers from UCLA, Texas A&M and us, among others.

Grizzlyfan

Interestingly he wasn't the starter at Greenwood.  I don't think he's started a high school game.  He took a lot of snaps at Greenwood but Hales was QB1.  Noland is camp machine.

Hales is a senior to be and Noland is junior to be.  There is some speculation that Noland might transfer if Hales is named starter again.

Boles Hog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 28, 2016, 04:31:16 pm
Interestingly he wasn't the starter at Greenwood.  I don't think he's started a high school game.  He took a lot of snaps at Greenwood but Hales was QB1.  Noland is camp machine.

Hales is a senior to be and Noland is junior to be.  There is some speculation that Noland might transfer if Hales is named starter again.
Due to the AAA transfer rules, wouldn't he have to transfer out of state?

ricepig

Quote from: Boles Hog on April 28, 2016, 04:40:15 pm
Due to the AAA transfer rules, wouldn't he have to transfer out of state?

Nope, all he probably has to do is move across the road and be in Southside's school district.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 28, 2016, 04:31:16 pm

I've heard similar but didn't want to spread hearsay.  Wouldn't be shocked at all to see him in FSM.

HogNDas

It is based on what you are best suited to do....
2017 is looking great and now what could be a great start to 2018!.  CBB making it happen!

ricepig

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2016, 10:43:22 pm
I've heard similar but didn't want to spread hearsay.  Wouldn't be shocked at all to see him in FSM.

I believe he called NHS a couple weeks back
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself?