Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will be surprised if this guy doesn't have several offers

Started by Richard Davenport, April 20, 2016, 12:52:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Hogberry Snortcake

Is Bentonville West starting up in 2016?  Interesting to see how much they'll drop off up there after the split.  This guy'll be caught up in that, I suppose. 

southarkhog06

Pig Papi

Kam is also a 5 tool baseball player that will have that option in front of him as well.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

LJHOG

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 20, 2016, 03:58:25 pm
he's good, believe that. I see him as a Safety tho.
Seems a bit small for an SEC safety.  Now if he grows 3" and adds  35lbs without losing speed, then ok.

VirginiaHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LJHOG on April 20, 2016, 04:26:06 pm
Seems a bit small for an SEC safety.  Now if he grows 3" and adds  35lbs without losing speed, then ok.
I mean, yeah , now he is. My son is 14 and he was tiny as hell then grew 4 inches in 2 months or so. There is a growth spurt coming for this kid, who is barely 15. His recruitment won't even really heat up until another year and a half from now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 20, 2016, 07:45:14 pm
I mean, yeah , now he is. My son is 14 and he was tiny as hell then grew 4 inches in 2 months or so. There is a growth spurt coming for this kid, who is barely 15. His recruitment won't even really heat up until another year and a half from now.

Gotta love when folks are like "I'm not sure he has the size for an SEC player" when the kids is 15 years old! Not many people do have the size to play in the SEC at 15!

riccoar

Has he been to any of the Nike camps and got evaluated yet?  Some 2018's are already ranked.

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

he looks solid for sure... but nothing he did on film jumped out to me that says he will have a lot of offers eventually.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 21, 2016, 08:30:27 am
he looks solid for sure... but nothing he did on film jumped out to me that says he will have a lot of offers eventually.

Disagree. His suddenness and acceleration is impressive. He'll only get better the next two years.   

mhuff

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 21, 2016, 08:21:13 am
Gotta love when folks are like "I'm not sure he has the size for an SEC player" when the kids is 15 years old! Not many people do have the size to play in the SEC at 15!

I grew 8" when I was a 14 yr. old.

DOGALUM

Quote from: LJHOG on April 20, 2016, 04:26:06 pm
There's a kid on my son's 8th grade team.....they both turned 14 this year.....that within the last year has gone from 5'6" 175 to 5'11" 190lbs and he runs a 4.8 as an 8th grader.  How does he project as an SEC athlete?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

southarkhog06

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 21, 2016, 08:29:39 am
he would be a second option #duh...lol
oh yea I forgot scrubs like this kid prolly wouldn't even see the field at the lumberjack football factory.

/sarcasm off/

yraciv

Quote from: methog on April 20, 2016, 03:43:26 pm
Kam is also a 5 tool baseball player that will have that option in front of him as well.

People often say that, but very few AR HS baseball players get drafted each year. Austin Allen, Damian Williams, Tyler Wilson, Brandon Allen, etc. were all pretty exceptional baseball players who didn't sniff the draft and the list goes on.  Unless he is popping up on PG watch lists or All SO teams, I'm going to assume an athlete like this has a future in football first. If RD likes him, he is definitely one to keep an eye on.

riccoar

Quote from: yraciv on April 22, 2016, 10:45:01 am
People often say that, but very few AR HS baseball players get drafted each year. Austin Allen, Damian Williams, Tyler Wilson, Brandon Allen, etc. were all pretty exceptional baseball players who didn't sniff the draft and the list goes on.  Unless he is popping up on PG watch lists or All SO teams, I'm going to assume an athlete like this has a future in football first. If RD likes him, he is definitely one to keep an eye on.
Wonder if they meant both sports in college, which would be near impossible for FB and BB.

yraciv

Quote from: riccoar on April 22, 2016, 12:04:15 pm
Wonder if they meant both sports in college, which would be near impossible for FB and BB.

FB and Baseball is a possible dual in college, but it's rare because football coaches want you around for spring ball. Basketball and baseball is the near impossible one to do because those overlap way too much. I think Carlton Salters is the last one to do it for the Diamond Hogs, but he RS, never saw the field, and stuck with football in school.  It's tough and you've got to have both coaches sign off so it is a very tough sale. Most kids choose 1 or the other by the time SR year comes around, and I expect this young man to do the same based on the offers and feedback he is getting.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 22, 2016, 09:00:18 am
oh yea I forgot scrubs like this kid prolly wouldn't even see the field at the lumberjack football factory.

/sarcasm off/

the butthurt is real... definitely being sarcastic. But yes he would be Warrens #2 option.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 22, 2016, 08:29:23 pm
the butthurt is real... definitely being sarcastic. But yes he would be Warrens #2 option.

Your Lumberjack embroidered slip is showing.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 22, 2016, 08:39:18 pm
Your Lumberjack embroidered slip is showing.

are you disagreeing that he would be warrens #2 receiver?

LJHOG

Quote from: DOGALUM on April 21, 2016, 10:00:47 am
There's a kid on my son's 8th grade team.....they both turned 14 this year.....that within the last year has gone from 5'6" 175 to 5'11" 190lbs and he runs a 4.8 as an 8th grader.  How does he project as an SEC athlete?
what position?? 

DOGALUM

Quote from: LJHOG on April 30, 2016, 09:57:23 am
what position?? 
Running at TE during spring ball.  Not sure what his defensive position is.

I'm told he's a really good baseball player too.  Don't know though.  Never seen him play baseball.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Oklahawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 22, 2016, 08:29:23 pm

Your knowledge of football development really shines through. Keep posting your insights. Walt Wiliams may need an extra pimp recruiting talent.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 30, 2016, 09:15:19 pm
Your knowledge of football development really shines through. Keep posting your insights. Walt Wiliams may need an extra pimp recruiting talent.

I'm sure he is basing this off of the offer a 2019 WR from Warren already has from the Hogs.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2016, 10:20:30 pm
I'm sure he is basing this off of the offer a 2019 WR from Warren already has from the Hogs.

Im basing it off the fact that as a freshman in high school he already has the size, speed, and athleticism to play in the SEC. I don't think this kid is a bad athlete or receiver by any means. But we have seen a million wide receivers that have film that jump out to you and say that kid is definitely the real deal. He is a sophomore and could very well grow into that. But based off that video and videos of other kids posted, I don't see how you can think he will have many offers.

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 01, 2016, 02:30:36 pm
Im basing it off the fact that as a freshman in high school he already has the size, speed, and athleticism to play in the SEC. I don't think this kid is a bad athlete or receiver by any means. But we have seen a million wide receivers that have film that jump out to you and say that kid is definitely the real deal. He is a sophomore and could very well grow into that. But based off that video and videos of other kids posted, I don't see how you can think he will have many offers.

I didn't say anything about his offers, now did I? I only will say RD sees and knows more about what it takes to get an offer than you or me. Your Warren Orange glasses definitely cloud your vision. Hopefully both will be Hogs when the chance comes to them.

#1 STUNNA

I hope he one day does get an offer from Arkansas and blows up!!!

HogAlum99

Does anyone know if this kid is originally from PB? Seems like I had heard his name some years back around PB, but haven't in a while (which makes sense if he's living in Bentonville)!

Pig Papi

Kam was at White Hall prior to Bentonville.  The move appears to have been very good for him.