Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montaric Brown

Started by JIHawg, April 04, 2016, 10:53:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

How do we stand with him?  Has he been to any Hog camps or made any unofficial visits?  The coaching staff at his high school-are they Hog friendly?

Thanks for replies.

SouthTulsaHog

247 crystal ball to Bama FYI. Not sure if it means anything.

Richard Davenport

Arkansas is in very good shape.

The_Boot_stops_here

I mean, he said Arkansas is his dream school.  That should mean something

King Kong

Arkansas is his dream school. Named us his leader even after offers from LSU and Bama. Like Agim CBB will go hard

Steef

Hope he calls the Hogs!

GrizzlyRider07

Eh I don't understand it. If Arkansas is your dream school why haven't you committed yet? Are you just trying to see how many big time offers you can get? Or are you waiting on specific ones so you can take an official visit there?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

King Kong

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on April 05, 2016, 08:17:32 am
Eh I don't understand it. If Arkansas is your dream school why haven't you committed yet? Are you just trying to see how many big time offers you can get? Or are you waiting on specific ones so you can take an official visit there?

lol, Hunter Henry hadn't committed to Arkansas at this point in his recruiting process. If he hasn't committed to Arkansas by September then this maybe relevant. But it still 10 months till signing day

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on April 05, 2016, 08:17:32 am

Maybe he's got someone telling him not to make a rash decision. A wise course of action, imo.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Huds_HawgTide

Holding out for better ranking
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ricepig

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 05, 2016, 09:54:31 am
Holding out for better ranking

He's already got the Bama offer, I doubt it will go higher, lol.
http://247sports.com/Player/Montaric-Brown-88885/

AirWarren

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 04, 2016, 02:44:44 pm
Arkansas is in very good shape.

We thought the exact thing about KJ Hill too.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on April 05, 2016, 12:56:46 pm

Apple's to oranges.......

Wildhog

Not everyone did.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

Actually, as this point in the KJ's recruiting process it wasn't looking very good at all.

It wasn't until Around August and Sept that Arkansas really made the inroads to get a KJ commitment.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on April 05, 2016, 10:23:24 am
He's already got the Bama offer, I doubt it will go higher, lol.
http://247sports.com/Player/Montaric-Brown-88885/
a Bama commit would raise it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

songofthesword

Jesus people on this forum would whine  about the sky not being blue enough

Since he's been here and had the time 2 build relationships  we've lost a grand toral of one player that we wanted   hill. One in 2 and a half yrafs. That inclues  4 players I  the 4 op 250 and one player in The top 10 of espn

Coach b literally gets the highest percentage of In  state offers of any coach in the sec

Calm. Down.

Pig Power

Quote from: songofthesword on April 05, 2016, 03:53:48 pm
Jesus people on this forum would whine  about the sky not being blue enough

Since he's been here and had the time 2 build relationships  we've lost a grand toral of one player that we wanted   hill. One in 2 and a half yrafs. That inclues  4 players I  the 4 op 250 and one player in The top 10 of espn

Coach b literally gets the highest percentage of In  state offers of any coach in the sec

Calm. Down.
Dude! I think I understand your message???

HogNDas

Calm. Down.
[/quote]
Well, what is that saying?   Of course, he would get more than any school that has more than one P5 school so that knocks FL, GA, TN, AL, MS, KY and aTm out of the equation leaving only Louisiana and Missouri.  Louisiana has so many D1 athletes that LSU can NOT get them all.....and Missouri?  DUMPSTER FIRE..... so your stmt means nothing really!!!  CBB SHOULD get a higher % than any other SEC school.... EVERY AR coach has gotten the highest % in the SEC.... no other way it could happen.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 01:13:27 pm

Calm. Down.

Well, what is that saying?   Of course, he would get more than any school that has more than one P5 school so that knocks FL, GA, TN, AL, MS, KY and aTm out of the equation leaving only Louisiana and Missouri.  Louisiana has so many D1 athletes that LSU can NOT get them all.....and Missouri?  DUMPSTER FIRE..... so your stmt means nothing really!!!  CBB SHOULD get a higher % than any other SEC school.... EVERY AR coach has gotten the highest % in the SEC.... no other way it could happen.

If I were you, I wouldn't speak in such absolutes.  Because you know you didn't look that up before you presented it as fact.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2016, 02:41:40 pm
If I were you, I wouldn't speak in such absolutes.  Because you know you didn't look that up before you presented it as fact.
Need to realize that he almost always speaks in absolutes. Heck, it wasn't more than a few days ago when he made the claim that a mere offer from any SEC program always resulted in an (virtually) automatic upgrade in rankings (stars that is). As far as he's concerned that means even KY and Vandy. He offered exactly ONE example of a Wildcat offer that actually bumped a kid up a level. The guy never learns.

Wildhog

In many cases, an SEC offer will get you a rating bump.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on April 06, 2016, 03:54:11 pm
Perhaps, then again, it may not. I've always found it very tricky when you tend to post or speak in absolutes. Only one instance will totally "blow up" your claim(s).

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 06, 2016, 04:43:10 pm
Perhaps, then again, it may not. I've always found it very tricky when you tend to post or speak in absolutes. Only one instance will totally "blow up" your claim(s).

That's why I don't deal in absolutes.  Only a Sith does that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgwash

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 06, 2016, 04:43:10 pm
ALWAYS??  Isn't that kind of an absolute?
:)

HogNDas

The proof of showing where I am wrong lies with you!...  I don't think you can... and if you do, I'll be the first to admit my error...

HogNDas

BTW, WHO are you talking to?  ME or the guy I quoted!!!  Hahahaha
songofthesword

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 06, 2016, 03:51:36 pm
Need to realize that he almost always speaks in absolutes. Heck, it wasn't more than a few days ago when he made the claim that a mere offer from any SEC program always resulted in an (virtually) automatic upgrade in rankings (stars that is). As far as he's concerned that means even KY and Vandy. He offered exactly ONE example of a Wildcat offer that actually bumped a kid up a level. The guy never learns.
I am convinced you live with your Mom and stay on the computer all day... Get a JOB...and GET a LIFE DUDE!...Really, you must be a computer bridge troll.... 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgwash on April 06, 2016, 06:51:23 pm
ALWAYS??  Isn't that kind of an absolute?
:)
Yes it is and yes it is.................touche'

Vantage 8 dude

April 06, 2016, 09:16:05 pm #29 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:14:32 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 07:31:37 pm
I am convinced you live with your Mom and stay on the computer all day... Get a JOB...and GET a LIFE DUDE!...Really, you must be a computer bridge troll....
Well obviously YOU have the problem....what business is it of yours how much or how often anyone spends on here? I mean I don't question your trooling hours. Frankly I believe it's beneath anyone's dignity to judge or question another person's time spent of HV. And just so you know my mother, rest her soul, has been gone for 17 years.

BTW not that it's any of your business but I have had a wonderful profession for some 37 years and recently sold my practice to two others for quite a handy sum. Allows me to peruse the internet at leisure and be blessed with traveling the world when I please. However, that's neither yours or anyone else's affair. And as far as my
"getting a life" as you put it: it's thankfully very fulfilling with wife, kids, grandkids, and lots of friends and board/foundation positions. Thanks for the concern though. It really is touching.     

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 07:31:37 pm
One other thing: it seems that what you don't care for is someone "calling your hand" when you make an outrageous remark and post ludicrous absolutes. Now, now...those anger management issues will be your downfall yet.  :o ::)

Hogberry Snortcake

So regarding Montaric Brown?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 07, 2016, 07:32:19 am
So regarding Montaric Brown?
I agree. Now back to our regularly scheduled program in progress. :D

southarkhog06

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 07:27:45 pm
The proof of showing where I am wrong lies with you!...  I don't think you can... and if you do, I'll be the first to admit my error...
Burden of proof lies with the person making a claim.

PorkRinds

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 07, 2016, 08:51:47 am
Burden of proof lies with the person making a claim.

I just chalked it up as a guy that has no idea how debates actually work.  The fact that he believes it's someone else's job to disprove a claim he made, and he will claim victory until then says pretty much all you need to know.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 01:13:27 pm

Calm. Down.

Gawd you add nothing. Silence!
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Wildhog on April 06, 2016, 03:54:11 pm

Ratings bumps come when recruitniks are forced to evaluate someone. They are never first to know anything.
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 07, 2016, 12:14:16 pm
Ratings bumps come when recruitniks are forced to evaluate someone. They are never first to know anything.
true. some bumps are b/c the recruiting sites haven't done their jobs but instead based on offers/commits it becomes more obvious that a bump is warranted. The same happens when an over rated 4 * never gets big offers and a downgrade occurs.

BUT, there are also those "other" star bumps. They come when a player signs with a team that has a substantial fanbase that pay for recruiting news. Those are "business bumps".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HamSammich

CBB always has pancakes on Tuesdays.

Always

I think this is a hog thats enjoying the attention. I don't blame him.

Biggus Piggus

Did anyone post anything about Brown during last football season? Did anyone know anything about him? Seemed to come out of nowhere.
[CENSORED]!

woodhog14

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 08, 2016, 10:51:02 am
Did anyone post anything about Brown during last football season? Did anyone know anything about him? Seemed to come out of nowhere.

I have never heard of him until his recruiting blew up. I went and watched Ashdown in the playoffs against Prairie Grove and he didn't stand out to me. Part of that was probably because PG ran the ball 90% of the game. He also didn't stand out because I'm not an evaluator of talent like the college coaches are.  :D

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 08, 2016, 11:11:59 am
I have never heard of him until his recruiting blew up. I went and watched Ashdown in the playoffs against Prairie Grove and he didn't stand out to me. Part of that was probably because PG ran the ball 90% of the game. He also didn't stand out because I'm not an evaluator of talent like the college coaches are.  :D

Sometimes, the ratings come because the offers already came. The recruitniks sure didn't watch a whole lotta video of this kid to obtain their ratings. Makes you wonder how they obtained their new opinions.
[CENSORED]!

jackflash

I expect Brown to be a hog on NSD

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: jackflash on April 11, 2016, 12:07:02 pm
I expect Brown to be a hog on NSD

hopefully long before that

Hoggish1

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on April 04, 2016, 01:46:42 pm
247 crystal ball to Bama FYI. Not sure if it means anything.

Read King Kong for if the crystal ball means anything.

SemperFi

I've got a friend that lives in Ashdown and he's seen Montaric Brown a few times and spoken to the young man about the Razorback's. Alabama is not as high on his list as some think and the Hogs appear to be in good shape. This can obviously change, but the Razorbacks can offer him something that Alabama simply cannot, playing time.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: SemperFi on April 19, 2016, 04:18:35 pm
I've got a friend that lives in Ashdown and he's seen Montaric Brown a few times and spoken to the young man about the Razorback's. Alabama is not as high on his list as some think and the Hogs appear to be in good shape. This can obviously change, but the Razorbacks can offer him something that Alabama simply cannot, playing time.
Thanks for the info.

Hawgzinbowlz

We offer Montaric something no one else can...putting on a Razorback uniform.

" GO HOGS "

Laughing Hog

Quote from: HamSammich on April 07, 2016, 01:08:25 pm
CBB always has pancakes on Tuesdays.

Always

I think this is a hog thats enjoying the attention. I don't blame him.

Don't forget that he always has eggnog  during 'nog season'.

He absolutely will guarantee he will have a chain of 'Bret's Nog Stores' opening in a location near you soon........
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Bacon_Bitz

When is he announcing his decision?