Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daulton Hyatt Commits

Started by Hogginout, March 12, 2016, 08:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Yes please.

Gosh that kid throws a pretty ball. Those wheels are a huge bonus.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Deep Shoat

I couldn't care less about his running ability.  This is the SEC.  Stay in the pocket and make throws, protect yourself.  Run if you NEED to.

I love his quick release on short and intermediate throws.  But, I'd say he doesn't trust his arm on the deep ball.  I watched him turn down a couple of open long patterns to hit the underneath guy with better coverage more than once in his highlights.  Also, the few longer passes he threw required a bit of a windup. 

Not saying this to tear him down, because he looks like a legit QB who fits our scheme.  And he should develop a better long ball after he gets on campus with Herb.

Good pickup and WPS!
All Gas, No Brakes!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: whosiskid on March 13, 2016, 12:45:40 am
I've really stayed away from looking at too many kids at this point, since we don't know who is going to want to be a Razorback. So I just now looked at his film and I have to say I was really impressed. Really mobile. A quick, quick kid. Super quick release. Make some hard throws. Strong arm. There was one throw where by my estimate he had the ball in the air for 45 yards and he didn't have his feet set when he threw.

Feel bad for Taylor Powell, but it looks like he is right on the verge of an Alabama offer. Hope he goes somewhere else so I can root for him to do well. But how can I pull for anyone at Bama?

It would be incredibly ironic if Powell, without an offer from Arkansas, went to Alabama, while Hyatt, without an offer from Alabama, goes to Arkansas. Doubt that that has ever happened before and probably won't ever happen again.
I dido that.  Nice wheels for a big guy.

stevenjoec

I watched his highlight videos.  I'm excited about his kid.

ckhawgu

This looks like an awesome QB pickup based on reported size, speed, as well as, his pocket awareness & throwing ability from the highlight videos! Welcome aboard the Hog train young man! WPS!!! :razorback:

scruf

Nothing but positive vibes for me about this QB recruit. Perfect fit.

IronHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 13, 2016, 03:51:17 pm
I couldn't care less about his running ability.  This is the SEC.  Stay in the pocket and make throws, protect yourself.  Run if you NEED to.

I love his quick release on short and intermediate throws.  But, I'd say he doesn't trust his arm on the deep ball.  I watched him turn down a couple of open long patterns to hit the underneath guy with better coverage more than once in his highlights.  Also, the few longer passes he threw required a bit of a windup. 

Not saying this to tear him down, because he looks like a legit QB who fits our scheme.  And he should develop a better long ball after he gets on campus with Herb.

Good pickup and WPS!

You watch the NC game?

Clemson QB would constantly side step the Bama rush then pick up easy yards on the scramble.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sivad

His tape is impressive. I like him! Go Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

Looks like a very quality pickup.  Accepting a QB commit in March means he's plan "A".  Building depth at QB.  Kid will redshirt and develop.  Like that he's got some real mobility.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Birminghog

March 13, 2016, 09:22:45 pm #59 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:02:28 am by Birminghog
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 13, 2016, 10:40:38 am
On the radio he said he hasn't taken a snap under center since like the 7th grade. But he has transfers to new school and will take snap under center next season.

Where will he be in school next year?

Nm, I found it. Thought he was transferring from Etowah HS; turns out he's transferring to Etowah HS. Going from a bad 6A team to a pretty good 5A team. 7A is the largest classification in Alabama.

Paul

oldbear

Quote from: Steef on March 13, 2016, 07:06:51 am
It's March.

I can't believe anyone would entertain even a thought...much less comment...negatively about any young man who commits to us. At any time.

But surely not in March.

Really, really stupid.

This is a "plan A" recruit. We offered and accepted a "hard commit"...in March. We don't do that with anything less than a recruit we REALLY want. No 'wait and see' about THIS decision.

There have been times in our history when we had staff that couldn't evaluate between a good athlete and a mule. This is not one of those times. Enos in particular, knows his stuff. And he deliberately picked this kid. And gave him one of our precious 25 golden tickets. Really, he gave him the ONLY precious golden ticket, because we won't take another QB this year.

One QB per year. This QB.

In March.

Best post I have seen in, well, forever. When coaches, and particularly Coach Enos, take the only quarterback for a class in March, I don't care if he is 6'4" or 5'4", they have seen something in the kid that makes them think he is going to be a very good college player and leader.

We should all be very excited about this commitment. Welcome to the family, Daulton!

jgphillips3

Every coach worth a darn says a QB must be a willing runner to keep the defense honest.  We don't have to run him consistently for his running to be a major factor.  He just needs to burn the D every time they cheat and leave the middle wide open plus use his legs to extend plays and escape pressure.  With Enos' offense it adds an extra dimension and makes us just that much more dangerous.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: IronHog on March 13, 2016, 12:18:46 pm

2nd Enos QB.

They're recruiting big athletes with natural throwing ability......both are pretty raw as HS'ers.
Raw for HS?  Is it bad arm mechanics, footwork, or he doesn't go through progressions (nobody does in HS).  Maybe he isn't checking into the right play at the line.  What is it coach?

Dominicanhog

March 14, 2016, 09:06:44 am #64 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:17:18 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 14, 2016, 08:58:31 am
Raw for HS?  Is it bad arm mechanics, footwork, or he doesn't go through progressions (nobody does in HS).  Maybe he isn't checking into the right play at the line.  What is it coach?

actually. it appeared this kid was going thru some progressions and he certainly kept his eyes down field..

also in the last 18 months we've added Town, Kelly and now Hyatt.. all tall, strong armed kids... that's how you build depth at a position... the future appears bright...

hawgwash

Nice video.  One thing I particularly noticed was he is very effective passing while rolling out to his left.  That's a tough throw for a righthander.

PLHawg

He'll get more SEC offers, and he will pick up a 4th star. 

FraggleHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 13, 2016, 03:51:17 pm

Cam Newton says Hi

Calling the Hogs from DFW

010HogFan

Love the way this guy plays. Taller Johnny Manziel

uncle bubs

This kid looks good! I love the big, mobile guys, they're so fun to watch. I'm not getting my hopes too high on an Alabama kid with no Bama offer though. I'm honestly expecting him to decommit if a Bama school offers. If not, great! But I'll believe he's a Hog on signing day.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TheRazorback500

Cool!  8)

Nice pickup.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 14, 2016, 02:39:35 pm
Cam Newton says Hi
Yay!  I can point to one or two players in the history of the game who did something other than the norm!  I'm smart!!

You win championships with defense and QB's who stand in the pocket and make plays.  If they can avoid pressure and pick up 8-10 first downs over a season with their legs, all the better.  But they don't have to run a lick to be great. 

Oh, and 200 year old Peyton Manning beat ol' Cam in the Superbowl just a couple of months ago by doing what?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 14, 2016, 06:42:10 pm
Oh, and 200 year old Peyton Manning beat ol' Cam in the Superbowl just a couple of months ago by doing what?

Having the best defense in the NFL?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 14, 2016, 08:58:31 am

He's all over the place with footwork and mechanics.....

If he was polished as Town he'd be a 4-5 star.....kinda the point of my comment.

They are recruiting physical tools over lesser athletes that may be more polished........

IronHog

Yay!  I can point to one or two players in the history of the game who did something other than the norm!  I'm smart!!

You win championships with defense and QB's who stand in the pocket and make plays.  If they can avoid pressure and pick up 8-10 first downs over a season with their legs, all the better.  But they don't have to run a lick to be great. 

A QB that can run is great in college.

A really good throw first QB that can run is nearly unstoppable.

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Hyatt. Wooo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: IronHog on March 14, 2016, 07:05:49 pm

A QB that can run is great in college.

A really good throw first QB that can run is nearly unstoppable.
How many running QB's have won NC's?  Since the beginning of the BCS era, how many? 

In 15 years, Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and Cam Newton.  Add the two NCG's since the playoff and you MIGHT bump it to 4 because the kid from tOSU could run a little.

Running QB's win games against inferior scheming.  They don't win championships. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

IronHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 14, 2016, 10:20:11 pm
How many running QB's have won NC's?  Since the beginning of the BCS era, how many? 

In 15 years, Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and Cam Newton.  Add the two NCG's since the playoff and you MIGHT bump it to 4 because the kid from tOSU could run a little.

Running QB's win games against inferior scheming.  They don't win championships. 

If you can't recruit top classes across the board your best bet is a big play offense run by a dynamic QB.....

I know many in this board have a dream Arkansas will have Bama type defenses one day but it's not happening......ever.  They can recruit explosive skill players and a big play QB though....

immahog

coach segrest never gets credit for his work around here so good job on Hyatt coach ..... Woo Pig
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Deep Shoat

Quote from: IronHog on March 15, 2016, 12:29:02 am

If you can't recruit top classes across the board your best bet is a big play offense run by a dynamic QB.....

I know many in this board have a dream Arkansas will have Bama type defenses one day but it's not happening......ever.  They can recruit explosive skill players and a big play QB though....
No.  Your best bet if you want to be Mizzou or Northwestern or Marshall is to recruit that way.

If you want to win a national title, your best bet is to recruit a very good defense, and a QB who stands in the pocket and makes plays with his arm.  That has been proven time and time again over the history of modern college football.
All Gas, No Brakes!

010HogFan

The point is...running QBs give the defense one more thing to stop. The threat of the QB run adds a dimension to the offense that tends to open everything else up. It is DEFINITELY a benefit if your QB can run. What impressed me most about this guy's tape was not his running, but his escapability in the pocket. He was doing the same things that Greg McElroy did when they beat us here in 2010.

IronHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 15, 2016, 07:41:03 am
No.  Your best bet if you want to be Mizzou or Northwestern or Marshall is to recruit that way.

If you want to win a national title, your best bet is to recruit a very good defense, and a QB who stands in the pocket and makes plays with his arm.  That has been proven time and time again over the history of modern college football.

Arkansas isn't going to win a NC.

However, teams like Clemson, Oregon, Auburn have at least made it there with good QB play........  Arkansas will ever have a defense like top USC, Bama, Fla St units.

PorkRinds

Quote from: immahog on March 15, 2016, 05:54:16 am
coach segrest never gets credit for his work around here so good job on Hyatt coach ..... Woo Pig

Agreed. 

upperdeck_hawg

Highlights look great. He reminds me of a shorter Paxton Lynch.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

ricepig

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 15, 2016, 09:51:59 am
Highlights look great. He reminds me of a shorter Paxton Lynch.

I thought he had better wheels, but I haven't watched a lot of Lynch. I was impressed, and I'm not usually impressed on highlight films.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2016, 10:25:28 am
I thought he had better wheels, but I haven't watched a lot of Lynch. I was impressed, and I'm not usually impressed on highlight films.
Not sure about Hyatt, however, I can promise you that Lynch moves around like he has at least one flat tire all the time.

Paul

Quote from: IronHog on March 13, 2016, 06:33:43 pm

You watch the NC game?

Clemson QB would constantly side step the Bama rush then pick up easy yards on the scramble.....
Deshaun Watson almost beat Bama by himself with his arm & his feet.  Dual threat QBs are kryptonite to Bama's defense(& a lot of others). 

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 15, 2016, 10:38:46 am
Not sure about Hyatt, however, I can promise you that Lynch moves around like he has at least one flat tire all the time.

are we watching the same guy? lynch is a smooth strider who runs a 4.6
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 15, 2016, 07:41:03 am

He doesn't have to be a run first QB.  Just a QB who can make plays with his legs when he needs to.  Have escapability and extend plays.  Sure, maybe you have a few designed QB run plays, but by and large, he'd be a pocket passer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Paul on March 15, 2016, 12:26:52 pm
  Deshaun Watson almost beat Bama by himself with his arm & his feet.  Dual threat QBs are kryptonite to Bama's defense(& a lot of others). 

And true dual threats are rare.  Vary rare.  A decade ago, the term "dual threat OB" almost always meant a QB who was run first with mediocre pocket ability.  We don't want that guy. 

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 15, 2016, 01:03:14 pm
He doesn't have to be a run first QB.  Just a QB who can make plays with his legs when he needs to.  Have escapability and extend plays.  Sure, maybe you have a few designed QB run plays, but by and large, he'd be a pocket passer.

BA was capable of more with his feet, I don't know if Chaney nixed the running or not, but he did more with his feet last year. I think Enos doesn't mind his QB running when it's necessary. We even ran some QB rollout runs last year.

upperdeck_hawg

This stat is useless. For instance, all the titles Bama won was because they had a dominating defense. The qb just happened to do enough. The fact that Bamas defense has only lost to dual threat qbs during that time should tell you that you need a qb that can run and throw.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

FraggleHog

Salty.... Yes, you are correct, however I was just pointing out that it isn't the be all end all for SEC success. Cam Newton was about as dominant a college QB as there has ever been. If you've got some wheels and can sling it a bit, you've got a game changer, my friend.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 15, 2016, 08:14:47 am
The point is...running QBs give the defense one more thing to stop. The threat of the QB run adds a dimension to the offense that tends to open everything else up. It is DEFINITELY a benefit if your QB can run. What impressed me most about this guy's tape was not his running, but his escapability in the pocket. He was doing the same things that Greg McElroy did when they beat us here in 2010.
I understand the point.

I just prefer building toward a National Title instead of a "We suck so we need gimmicks" idea people like Ironhog want.

And I agree,  He looked good moving in the pocket and escaping pressure and making plays.  I like this kid.  I just don't give a fat rat's arse if he can run more than BA could.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: IronHog on March 15, 2016, 08:26:26 am

However, teams like Clemson, Oregon, Auburn have at least made it there with good QB play........  Arkansas will ever have a defense like top USC, Bama, Fla St units.
Then we may as well quit and play tiddly winks.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 15, 2016, 03:24:41 pm
Salty.... Yes, you are correct, however I was just pointing out that it isn't the be all end all for SEC success. Cam Newton was about as dominant a college QB as there has ever been. If you've got some wheels and can sling it a bit, you've got a game changer, my friend.
How many Cam Newton's are there in the world?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Tyro3

Quote from: IronHog on March 15, 2016, 08:26:26 am

Iron old buddy, I am 75 and have been enjoying the Hogs for a over a half century, I back them 100%, I detect a note of defeatism in your posts, you need to relax and as they say, smell the roses, life is indeed short, enjoy while you can, it's a game, in the big scheme of things, not that important.

Paul

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 15, 2016, 12:50:55 pm
are we watching the same guy? lynch is a smooth strider who runs a 4.6
he outran guys who thought they had the angle like Matt Jones used to do

bythelake

Tyro3, good post.  You're wasting your time on old ironhog as he has made it clear that he is not a die hard hog fan.