Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things we learned today

Started by Niels Boar, March 17, 2005, 11:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfaninMS

This season was worse than astonishingly bad. A TEAM that has a valid 18-12 record does'nt lay down and cry I'm to tired the last 4 games of the season neither are they so easily defeated by very simple strategy.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 20, 2005, 01:28:11 pm
Quote from: Spamalot on March 19, 2005, 07:34:07 pm
Agreed, it has turned out to be astonishingly bad. The way he set himself up for this by failing to get any guards, and the way even his third team collapsed in the time of year when the good teams want it bad, all of this is very hard to swallow.

To me, he has fricked up so bad, one wonders why he would be trusted a minute longer. Some of his decisions have been awful.

This is so stupid. "Astonishingly bad"? You're an idiot. Astonishingly bad is 12-18. We were just average at 18-12.

The amazing thing is that for being "astonishingly bad", we were 8 points from having a great season. Some of you are just born to bitch.

Fatty McGee

I don't remember us laying down against Miss. State?  Wasn't that the 3rd from the last game of the season?

And again, that still doesn't make them "astonishingly bad".  Before this season, what did you think our record would be?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

hawgfaninMS

before this season I had never seen a team more confused and at times absolutely lazy in the way they ran there offense. I don't remember ever hearing a player say in post game victory "I won" and I hoped that the coach knew exactly what he was doing and that famutimi would come around and that thompson would play like manimal and that sullivan would show a lot of improvement. what I don't understand the most is why did almost every team in our league argueably improve the latter half of the season except us?

tophawg19

iDON'T REMEMBER A TIME WHEN I'VE HEARD THIS MUCH DISAPOINTMENT AND UNHAPPINESS AMONG HOG FANS SURELY THE U OF A PEOPLE ARE HEARING IT TO FROM THE BIG BOOSTERS . THEY HAVE THE U OF A 'S EARS . SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE NOW TO KEEP THE FANS .THERE ARE OTHER THINGS THEY CAN DO WITH THEIR MONEY . P G HELP COULD COME FROM ROD COLEMAN FOOTBALL FROM CAMDEN .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Biggus Piggus

March 20, 2005, 11:06:57 pm #54 Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 11:12:47 pm by Spamalot
Fatty, nobody knew how weak our schedule would turn out to be this season either.  The SEC was really down, and we played more truly terrible teams in one season than any Arkansas team had done in modern history.  The 18 wins didn't even qualify us for the NIT as it turns out.  We were that bad.  And Heath continued his three-year tradition of being unable to win after Valentine's Day.  How can you get to March and completely lose your players three years in a row?

Born to bitch?  How about born to reach?  I despise what this idiot is doing to our basketball program, and somehow you reach for ever more ridiculous cover stories.  As long as you continue knowing squat about basketball, that will work for you.

I don't know how you can praise those 18 wins when they earned us an RPI that is the lowest in Heath's tenure and the lowest since Nolan's first season.
[CENSORED]!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Spamalot on March 20, 2005, 11:06:57 pm
Fatty, nobody knew how weak our schedule would turn out to be this season either.  The SEC was really down, and we played more truly terrible teams in one season than any Arkansas team had done in modern history.  The 18 wins didn't even qualify us for the NIT as it turns out.  We were that bad.  And Heath continued his three-year tradition of being unable to win after Valentine's Day.  How can you get to March and completely lose your players three years in a row?

Born to bitch?  How about born to reach?  I despise what this idiot is doing to our basketball program, and somehow you reach for ever more ridiculous cover stories.  As long as you continue knowing squat about basketball, that will work for you.

I don't know how you can praise those 18 wins when they earned us an RPI that is the lowest in Heath's tenure and the lowest since Nolan's first season.

If only I could have the knowledge gleaned from endlessly poring over box scores.  I wouldn't even have to watch the game, like you.  By the way, maybe Valentine's Day is at a different time where you are, but where I am we beat Tennessee AFTER Valentine's Day.

Too bad you weren't around to save Duke and NC from making such horrible mistakes a few years back. 

There's a storm coming into Kansas this week.  I believe it's Stan Heath's fault.  You should send the Weather Channel your stats.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!