Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 PF/C S.K. Shittu

Started by The_Iceman, January 21, 2016, 08:20:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Just wanted to start a thread for this kid. I think he'd be great to pair with Daniel Gafford in the 2017 class. Those two would be similar to Portis and Kingley. Gafford more ready to play right away, with Shittu more of a 2 year development guy.

https://twitter.com/ArkansasHawks/status/690173268557303808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TWo0gGDA8

Hogimus Prime

I like his explosiveness around the basket. I think he would be a good fit with Gafford.

chiti66

Kid looks really good and has range.  Could 2017 be the year when we have a true post and PF on the squad?  Lets wrap this guy up now, no messing around Coach. 

nwahogfan1

How good of competition does he play against.  I know he plays in the Oklahoma Christian league so just curious.  I watched him against Fayetteville HS and he looked pretty good.  Fay had a 6'5 250 lber lay all over him and that slowed him down some but I saw the explosiveness at times. 

Has Arkansas offered yet?

But I still want Anderson to bring us in a 6'8+ low post player this year who likes to play around the basket with toughness.   

yraciv

The_Iceman

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 21, 2016, 08:48:07 am
How good of competition does he play against.  I know he plays in the Oklahoma Christian league so just curious.  I watched him against Fayetteville HS and he looked pretty good.  Fay had a 6'5 250 lber lay all over him and that slowed him down some but I saw the explosiveness at times. 

But I still want Anderson to bring us in a 6'8+ low post player this year who likes to play around the basket with toughness.   

The Tulsa teams he plays against should provide him with pretty good competition. I think for him you just have to look at him height and skill set and project him after a few years of development. He is also a very high character kid, and I would think he'd be a great addition to our roster.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 21, 2016, 08:48:07 am

How tall did he look in person?

The_Iceman

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Danny J

He has a nice looking shot with nice touch for a big fella

hogwood

Quote from: yraciv on January 21, 2016, 08:50:41 am
After we lock up S.K., lets go after this guy. I'd like a Shittu combo in the post.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/217367/simi-shittu

Wow are they related? 2018 will be a huge recruiting class. If we can get Perry, Henderson, and Vanover it would be amazing. Add anyone else in the top 100 like this kid and I will be thrilled.

yraciv

Quote from: hogwood on January 22, 2016, 04:09:56 pm
Wow are they related? 2018 will be a huge recruiting class. If we can get Perry, Henderson, and Vanover it would be amazing. Add anyone else in the top 100 like this kid and I will be thrilled.

I don't think they are related.  Appears to be a handful of athletic Shittu's coming through the ranks, so maybe it is just a common name.

john

I saw S.K. at the game today.  I wonder how hard we are recruiting him?

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw Barford there today also. Does anyone know if he was supposed to b there also?

Razorod

I think S.K.'s chances go up if we get to four available scholarships in the '17 class. We already have Gafford and are losing a lot of guards over the next couple of classes (Durham, Bell in '16, Hannahs and Watkins in '17 and Barford, Macon and Beard in 18). Anderson will need to use at least two scholarships on guard/wing types as things stand now.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: john on January 30, 2016, 07:10:54 pm
I saw S.K. at the game today.  I wonder how hard we are recruiting him?

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw Barford there today also. Does anyone know if he was supposed to b there also?

I think Arlando Cook was at the game. He said on twitter he was headed to Fayetteville.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Razorod on January 30, 2016, 07:24:17 pm
I think S.K.'s chances go up if we get to four available scholarships in the '17 class. We already have Gafford and are losing a lot of guards over the next couple of classes (Durham, Bell in '16, Hannahs and Watkins in '17 and Barford, Macon and Beard in 18). Anderson will need to use at least two scholarships on guard/wing types as things stand now.

This why I hope MA saves the last scholarship and uses in 2017 . That way MA can bringvin Gafford, Shittu ad two guards. 2018 could end up being a good class.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 21, 2016, 08:59:58 am
How tall did he look in person?

He is very slim so hard to say his exact height but he is in the 6'7+/- range.    Plays hard and doesn't mind mixing it up around the basket even when guarded by a much thicker player.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 07, 2016, 05:38:17 pm
He is very slim so hard to say his exact height but he is in the 6'7+/- range.    Plays hard and doesn't mind mixing it up around the basket even when guarded by a much thicker player.

Thanks. The Hogs need someone who isn't afraid to mix it up down low.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ShadowHawg

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 15, 2016, 11:32:37 pm
Adrio Bailey SHUNNED Wichita St's offer so he could come here.

This made me laugh.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 16, 2016, 08:49:54 am
This made me laugh.

I agree.  WSU has a better program than us right now.  I agree there is no way they should but they do and it all boils around recruiting and developing good players and keeping them in your program.   

Mike does not have a good recruiting plan right now.  Any time you are so average in talent this year and scrambling around with 3 JUCO signees then you are scrambling. 

I hope our JUCO players we signed this year work out because it seems to be the only plan we have right now but while Mike is fumbling in recruiting the teams like WSU have a plan of signing under rated players that fit their program and developing them .

So don't be surprised if Shittu signs with WSU

klp1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 16, 2016, 11:07:53 am
I agree.  WSU has a better program than us right now.  I agree there is no way they should but they do and it all boils around recruiting and developing good players and keeping them in your program.   

Mike does not have a good recruiting plan right now.  Any time you are so average in talent this year and scrambling around with 3 JUCO signees then you are scrambling. 

I hope our JUCO players we signed this year work out because it seems to be the only plan we have right now but while Mike is fumbling in recruiting the teams like WSU have a plan of signing under rated players that fit their program and developing them .

So don't be surprised if Shittu signs with WSU

Wichita State has been the better program for the last few years.  However, you using them as an example as someone with a "plan" rather than "scrambling" around recruiting for this class is kinda ridiculous. 

In the fall WSU signed Darrlyn Willis (9) rated JUCO and Daishon Smith (21) rated JUCO.  Arkansas signed Barford (2)  Macon (3) and Cook (7).
So WSU by signing two lower rated JUCO's demonstrates  "a plan of signing under rated players that fit their program and developing them."  But, signing 3 JUCO's all ranked higher than WSU guys is "scrambling."  I don't understand.

Swinesong1

Quote from: klp1 on February 16, 2016, 01:25:01 pm
Wichita State has been the better program for the last few years.  However, you using them as an example as someone with a "plan" rather than "scrambling" around recruiting for this class is kinda ridiculous. 

In the fall WSU signed Darrlyn Willis (9) rated JUCO and Daishon Smith (21) rated JUCO.  Arkansas signed Barford (2)  Macon (3) and Cook (7).
So WSU by signing two lower rated JUCO's demonstrates  "a plan of signing under rated players that fit their program and developing them."  But, signing 3 JUCO's all ranked higher than WSU guys is "scrambling."  I don't understand.
Don't bother trying to understand.  It only makes sense to him and his ilk.

ShadowHawg

jdunhog

hEAD TO hEAD WE BEAT Wichita sTATE

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jdunhog on February 21, 2016, 01:21:20 pm
hEAD TO hEAD WE BEAT Wichita sTATE

Do you mean in recruiting or on the court? 

And the answer should always be yes and yes but I would say this year it is a no and a no.

nwahogfan1

I say the difference in scrambling is because we have to get strong production and leadership from our JUCO Players if we are to succeed next year WSU is going to use them as back up role players the first year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 11:59:29 am
It was intended to. ;D

I had a mental image of Bailey gesturing for Gregg Marshall to talk to the hand.

The_Iceman

klp1

Is he playing AAU ball this spring\summer?  if so, who is he playing for?

nwahogfan1

Lets see how both programs do going forward.  Right now I would have to give the edge to WSU.  But I hope I am wrong.

nwahogfan1

I think we will be making a huge mistake to lose another top 150 Recruit particularly a 6'9 PF in our own back yard.  Mike needs to stop the bleeding and get this kid on board.

Of course if Mike signs one or two bigs in the spring then he may not have room for Shittu.  That will be the only way I can see Him passing on Shittu who will probable be a top 150 recruit and a top 10 PF.

King Kong

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 21, 2016, 01:33:33 pm
Do you mean in recruiting or on the court? 

And the answer should always be yes and yes but I would say this year it is a no and a no.

No one can know for sure. But we did beat Bama at there place who beat The shockers

But overall I would agree they were a better team

Biggus Piggus

Don't know about you, but being a Shocker might not appeal to everyone.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 08, 2016, 10:10:55 am

Especially if Marshall ends up in Memphis, replacing Pastner.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 08, 2016, 10:10:55 am

Now Biggus you know very well that is such a shocking statement.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 08, 2016, 10:07:51 am
I think we will be making a huge mistake to lose another top 150 Recruit particularly a 6'9 PF in our own back yard.  Mike needs to stop the bleeding and get this kid on board.

Of course if Mike signs one or two bigs in the spring then he may not have room for Shittu.  That will be the only way I can see Him passing on Shittu who will probable be a top 150 recruit and a top 10 PF.

Where is he playing Summer basketball?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 08, 2016, 10:07:51 am

Have you seen Shittu? I have and unless he has grown in the past few months he ain't 6'9".

Stop the bleeding? We currently have two guys from in state that are more highly rated already committed.

Personally, I think Shittu's current coach misuses him. He makes him bang in the post but the kid can handle the ball and shoot from range while being very mobile. He can't really show his skill set with guys sandwiching him in the post and shoving him around. Strength is not a big attribute for him.

Where does he play summer ball at?

azhog10

Anyone know who he's playing summer ball with?

ricepig

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 03:43:47 pm
TEAM AAO for Wes Swift.

https://twitter.com/TEAMAAOBB/status/718857436795252738

6'10 kid from Lincoln, Ark.  Wow,  that conference will not be able to guard him. 

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 09, 2016, 06:44:21 pm
6'10 kid from Lincoln, Ark.  Wow,  that conference will not be able to guard him.

Isn't he a senior?

ricepig

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 09, 2016, 06:52:46 pm
Isn't he a senior?

In 2015, pretty sure he was at a prep school last year. I'm guessing there's a grade/date exception, I remember being allowed one years ago in AAU.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

nwahogfan1

April 12, 2016, 07:03:02 am #46 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:44:47 pm by nwahogfan1
Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 09, 2016, 06:52:46 pm
Isn't he a senior?
Sorry. I did not look at the graduation year. I just thought they were all Juniors.  My bad.  Maybe UAFS will go after Goldman  but I heard he is not very aggressive down low and likes to wander outside to shoot the 3 ball.

Anyone seen him play?

redleg

Unfortunate last name.  :(
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hawgwileywyatt

Quote from: redleg on April 18, 2016, 01:47:31 pm
Unfortunate last name.  :(
:razorback:

It's a pretty common last name from Nigeria. There is another PF in the 2017 class with the same name and another in 2018, both highly rated and do not appear to be related to SK.