Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas top 10 class 2018

Started by moto625, February 06, 2017, 08:47:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moto625

ChicoHog

7 recruits from Louisiana!  Wow.  Pretty impressive.  It would be good for them to get back to respectability. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 06, 2017, 09:04:54 pm
7 recruits from Louisiana!  Wow.  Pretty impressive.  It would be good for them to get back to respectability. 

If Kansas ends up signing those guys, with offers from lots of SEC schools including us, then somethings rotten in Lawrence.

factchecker

Reminds me of when Iowa had those commits from Texas this past cycle.  They had Chevin Calloway, Eno Benjamin, and a couple other three stars. 4 out of their 6 commits from Texas decommitted.

Kansas might land all of these commits.  Recruiting is full of surprises.  However, most will end up closer to home.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JaketheSnake

FIRE THE NEW DL COACH IMMEDIATELY!  HE CANNT RECRUIT BETTER THAN KANSAS

GoHogzzGo

Yup sorry KU no chance they all stick. Props for the start though.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

factchecker

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 06, 2017, 09:16:13 pm
Seriously, how are they pulling that off and we can't here?  :puke:

Hold your vomit till closer to signing day.  Some fans on our 247 board were having the same reaction when Iowa was "recruiting Texas right from under our nose".  We ended up with one of their main commits (Chevin Calloway) and finished ranked 13 spots higher (28 vs. 41) than them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RazorPiggie

And all commited over the weekend? Something odd for sure.

sickboy

I'm not saying something's fishy there. But Kansas typically struggles to sign one 4* player. If they get a 4* kid, it's a good class. For them to have three this early -- all from powerhouse Louisiana schools -- it's eye opening, for sure. They're 2-22 the last two seasons, for pete's sake.

sickboy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 06, 2017, 09:22:07 pm
And all commited over the weekend? Something odd for sure.

Yeah, just saw this. They got six kids from Louisiana in one weekend trip to the state. I doubt LSU has had a weekend like that in Louisiana. Granted, LSU can be picky if they want, so they're probably not rushing to have kids committed this early.

OnTheHillHogFan

They have a guy on their staff that use to be a HC at HS in Nola. I wouldn't expect them to stick.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

presidenthog

It is obvious the Rummel kids thought they was signing to us. Just the LA school system failed them and they forgot it is ARkansas. Not kansas.

HamSammich

Bah even Kansas has millionaires guys.... id actually like to see them keep these kids.

bennyl08

Kansas can rot in failure for all I care. Only game I ever want them to win is vs Texas.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bville_hog

No one willingly goes to Kansas to play football if you have any other choice.  Something is rotten or is misprint for sure.

jbhogfan4

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on February 06, 2017, 09:41:13 pm
They have a guy on their staff that use to be a HC at HS in Nola. I wouldn't expect them to stick.

Well if this is what hiring a Louisiana high school coach gets you, then I think we know which way we need to go for our next two defensive hires. One Louisiana high school coach and one Texas high school coach. Am I right or am I right

bennyl08

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on February 07, 2017, 01:03:04 am
Well if this is what hiring a Louisiana high school coach gets you, then I think we know which way we need to go for our next two defensive hires. One Louisiana high school coach and one Texas high school coach. Am I right or am I right

Hold up now. The theory here would be that hiring a ____ state HS coach will get you recruits from that state that were otherwise a pipe dream.

To paraphrase Tom Hardy, don't be afraid to dream a little bigger. We already have some success with LA and TX. Why not go with FL and GA, two top notch talent states that we struggle with recruiting wise, letting players like Smith continue getting good players out of LA with good ole fashioned work.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawghiggs

If those guys are willing to go to Kansas. Then we need to be hard saling them on the UofA.

southeasthog

We are less than one week from 2017 signing day. 51 weeks from 2018 signing day. I'm not sure I would proclaim Kansas as doing something we can't just yet. That's just me though.

Also our star ratings for the 2 commits we have are more than the average ratings for theirs.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

factchecker

February 07, 2017, 07:17:02 am #19 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:57:21 am by factchecker
Quote from: southeasthog on February 07, 2017, 05:45:39 am
We are less than one week from 2017 signing day. 51 weeks from 2018 signing day. I'm not sure I would proclaim Kansas as doing something we can't just yet. That's just me though.

Also our star ratings for the 2 commits we have are more than the average ratings for theirs.

I said it earlier in the thread but the same thing happened with Iowa last season. The same "oh my god.... why is (insert team here) out-recruiting us" thread was started last year at this time.  Plenty of people were throwing up and jumping off of bridges on the 247 board.  I understand being upset later but it's way too early to freak out now.

Here is what people need to understand.  Kids get together on these recruiting trips and they have fun.  They think that they should all commit together and change the culture. Look at our defensive back commits this season.  Why on earth would any defensive back want to play for our defense coming off of last season?  Coach Bielema and Rhoads sold them on changing the defense and trying to be the new DBU. I seriously don't think Kansas has done anything nefarious to garner this attention or commits.  It's just kids being high on the visit.

This will most likely change when the big programs start coming around.

An example is Chevin Calloway. Chevin was committed to Iowa early on.  Iowa didn't want him to visit here because they knew the connections we had with his family and former team mate (RWIII).  Chevin decommitted from Iowa and the rest is history.

Could all these kids end up at Kansas.  You never know.  Recruiting is crazy.  Do I think they will? No.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

trphog

It looks like this guy is pulling them all in:http://247sports.com/Coach/Tony-Hull-3790

Which means: he won't be in Kansas for long

mizzouman

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2017, 09:07:20 pm
If Kansas ends up signing those guys, with offers from lots of SEC schools including us, then somethings rotten in Lawrence.
Something is always rotten in lowrents. 

holeinthewall

Have to wonder why a 4 star WR who has offers from everyone picks Kansas.  Guaranteed playing time is all I can imagine.  Kansas doesn't have the money to buy players like the SEC does.

Razorbackers

Quote from: factchecker on February 07, 2017, 07:17:02 am
I said it earlier in the thread but the same thing happened with Iowa last season. The same "oh my god.... why is (insert team here) out-recruiting us" thread was started last year at this time.  Plenty of people were throwing up and jumping off of bridges on the 247 board.  I understand being upset later but it's way too early to freak out now.

Here is what people need to understand.  Kids get together on these recruiting trips and they have fun.  They think that they should all commit together and change the culture. Look at our defensive back commits this season.  Why on earth would any defensive back want to play for our defense coming off of last season?  Coach Bielema and Rhoads sold them on changing the defense and trying to be the new DBU. I seriously don't think Kansas has done anything nefarious to garner this attention or commits.  It's just kids being high on the visit.

This will most likely change when the big programs start coming around.

An example is Chevin Calloway. Chevin was committed to Iowa early on.  Iowa didn't want him to visit here because they knew the connections we had with his family and former team mate (RWIII).  Chevin decommitted from Iowa and the rest is history.

Could all these kids end up at Kansas.  You never know.  Recruiting is crazy.  Do I think they will? No.

We have the #1 basketball class right now.

People need to chill out lol.

bkjbearcat

HCBB thinks their #Common!
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Razorbackers

Is it really that hard to see why a 3 or 4 star kid would be attracted to Kansas right now?

They've got a good coach and staff that is rebuilding. P5 program in a cool town. And you could play immediately.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a top 40 class. But they won't stay in the top 10.

yraciv

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 07, 2017, 09:49:57 am
Is it really that hard to see why a 3 or 4 star kid would be attracted to Kansas right now?

They've got a good coach and staff that is rebuilding. P5 program in a cool town. And you could play immediately.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a top 40 class. But they won't stay in the top 10.

I'd like to see KU be good in football, but you've got to dig deep to truly believe it's possible under Beaty. Nice guy and says the right things, but 2-22 with 2 classes now in the high 60s. But in a world where the worse team in FCS Alcorn State is landing 3 star QB I'd say anything is possible on the recruiting front. http://247sports.com/player/jeremiah-oatsvall-79899

Hoggish1

Quote from: moto625 on February 06, 2017, 08:47:56 pm
http://kansas.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Top two guys from Rummel what happen to our pipeline?

You tell us.  LMAO that you are wondering bout it this early in 2018 class...

TexasRazorback

The New KU Coach is came from TCU where he recruited Texas and LA. He is a good recruiter, also its a year away until signing day, these will change

Arthur pigby sellers.

This is not good for the hogs. We have been pretty successful getting LSUs scraps for the past few years. These are the kinds of players we need to be pulling from there   
Somthing definitely smells funny with Kansas being a terrible program in the terrible league. Also you basically have to drive through Fayetteville to get to Lawrence.

LZH

Hell, I don't even know who the head coach is at Kansas these days.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on February 07, 2017, 11:55:21 am
Hell, I don't even know who the head coach is at Kansas these days.

David Beaty. He's been there two seasons and has a fantastic record of 2 - 22. He was an assistant there before, then was an assistant for the aggies. The question is "HOW does a 2 -22 coach have such a highly ranked class consisting of out of state recruits for such a historically bad program?" I think one possible answer would have to be obvious. It's the old misses model.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Once they got rid of their RB Coach/Recruiting Coordinator that was holding them back they've really gotten to work.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

zane

KU has commitments from the #3 (borderline 5 star), 5, 9, 14 ranked players from the state of Louisiana.

These kids are either doing a mega troll job on KU or there needs to be a NCAA investigation launched yesterday.
RIP LSUfan

Oklahawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on February 06, 2017, 09:41:13 pm

Thank you.

A rookie coach - could be a bear on the recruiting trail some day, but probably needs to learn some things about X's and O's at the college level first.

I wouldn't worry until next January.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

Maybe we should trade our LA recruiter for their LA recruiter...

Oklahawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 07, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
Maybe we should trade our LA recruiter for their LA recruiter...

Maybe we could hire him away! We have a slot left.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 07, 2017, 04:15:38 pm
Maybe we could hire him away! We have a slot left.

He took Reggie Mitchell's spot at RB coach, so.......

Vantage 8 dude

While the early developments here are interesting, what will be more so is to see whether or not any or all these young men stick with these early commits. As we know it's a LONG way until next year's NSD and we've all seen how crazy and uncertain many early commits can be. My suspicion is that a lot of kids who are saying "yes" right now won't necessarily be doing so when the ink is drying on the actual letter of intent.

Paul

Man, after NSD & the Super Bowl, we're really hurting for something to bitch about.

TebowHater

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 07, 2017, 12:20:32 pm
David Beaty. He's been there two seasons and has a fantastic record of 2 - 22. He was an assistant there before, then was an assistant for the aggies. The question is "HOW does a 2 -22 coach have such a highly ranked class consisting of out of state recruits for such a historically bad program?" I think one possible answer would have to be obvious. It's the old misses model.

Two wins in two years, he has been paid $1.6M per win lol..... not a bad gig.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Paul on February 07, 2017, 05:25:18 pm
Man, after NSD & the Super Bowl, we're really hurting for something to bitch about.
Nah, for some there's never a need to have a REAL or LEGIT reason to bitch other than they can and will. I'm convinced some live for that very reason. It's their only purpose in life and it makes 'em happy in a very disturbed way. Besides, why not try to make other folks around you miserable as well ??? ::)

ChicoHog

Quote from: TebowHater on February 07, 2017, 05:32:40 pm
https://kansas.rivals.com/news/how-the-kansas-coaches-pulled-a-shocker-in-less-than-eight-hours

Here is a more detailed look. Six commits in one day.
Good article.  Shows the importance of relationships.  Also the success of the player from NO that played at KU last year.  And trendy toys like the video screen above the lockers.  It all adds up. 

ricepig

So, Kansas named Hull, Asst Head Coach today, do they take it back if these 7 guys sign somewhere else.......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2017, 11:44:45 am
So, Kansas named Hull, Asst Head Coach today, do they take it back if these 7 guys sign somewhere else.......

Had to give him a raise..........getting a ranking class like that costs a lot of money...........just ask old misses.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

theshiva

Crazy that our pipeline school gets raided by Kansas.

woodhog14

Quote from: moto625 on February 06, 2017, 08:47:56 pm
http://kansas.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Top two guys from Rummel what happen to our pipeline?

If you notice, the coach for Kansas recruitin these kids is from New Orleans and played at Louisiana-Lafayette. He obviously has great ties to high school coaches in Louisiana. Connections matter in recruiting big time.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 08, 2017, 07:17:06 pm
If you notice, the coach for Kansas recruitin these kids is from New Orleans and played at Louisiana-Lafayette. He obviously has great ties to high school coaches in Louisiana. Connections matter in recruiting big time.

Especially when the big name school right up the street has some of the high school coaches in New Orleans very upset.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: theshiva on February 08, 2017, 01:20:33 pm
Crazy that our pipeline school gets raided by Kansas.

Maybe they ante better.