Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Quote from: RazorWild on July 31, 2016, 08:24:50 pm
I don't get on this site much, but when I do, I switch to desktop
Thanks for the comments, back to the drawing computer board
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

FineAsSwine

I have a visceral reaction at the very sight of the mobile version. I hate it. Desktop is comforting like a warm blanket in winter.
Hogs up! Covid down!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Nafunu32 on July 31, 2016, 04:29:34 pm
How hard is it tto add the default option to the users settings?

Probably not hard, if I knew what you said.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Lanny on August 01, 2016, 07:42:23 am
Thanks for the comments, back to the drawing computer board

My guess is the mobile version is fine for people who like mobile.  I like the desktop because it's user friendly, and I can read everything in a thread simply by scrolling through it.  I can read it fine on an iPhone 6 plus.  Just turn it sideways and zoom in.

Maybe all you need to do is make desktop the default. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 01, 2016, 08:22:53 am
My guess is the mobile version is fine for people who like mobile.  I like the desktop because it's user friendly, and I can read everything in a thread simply by scrolling through it.  I can read it fine on an iPhone 6 plus.  Just turn it sideways and zoom in.

Maybe all you need to do is make desktop the default. 

/\/\/\ This.... please make desktop the default and make those who love the mobile switch to it........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SemperHawg

Hey Lanny, is going to a fully responsive version of your site just not an option?

McKdaddy

Thanks for being responsive, Lanny.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

010HogFan

Desktop. Mobile isn't user friendly at all.

RedyorNot

theFlyingHog

Desktop works so good on iPhone 6 I don't see how it could be improved. Way better than any other board I've been on. Being able to pinch it in on a phone actually makes me like it more than using a pc

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 01, 2016, 08:28:43 am
/\/\/\ This.... please make desktop the default and make those who love the mobile switch to it........
There's a second...
All in favor?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Pig Latin

Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: OTR on July 31, 2016, 05:05:45 pm
Probably not.  I like the mobile version.  Keeps me from wanting to look at hogville as often and keeps me from wanting to post so I waste less time because of it.

Classic OTR. Well done!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogatheart

lwillin

Pig Latin

so i am off and on here.   is hogville gonna change back to desktop as default?   another new layout?   i think mobile is just awful. 

i do love hogville more than i hate the mobile version so i will continue to struggle with this
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

DeltaBoy

I am enjoying using the Desktop on my phone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RebelliousHog

I just got a Kindle Fire and themobile works fine for me. I have yet to miss anything nor not find all the usual functions. Haven't tried HV desktop yet.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Lanny

Quote from: Pig Latin on August 21, 2016, 09:41:05 am
so i am off and on here.   is hogville gonna change back to desktop as default?   another new layout?   i think mobile is just awful. 

i do love hogville more than i hate the mobile version so i will continue to struggle with this
We will add new features and use desktop as the default and mobile skin as an option
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HenduHog on December 28, 2016, 12:07:36 pm
I just got a Kindle Fire and themobile works fine for me. I have yet to miss anything nor not find all the usual functions. Haven't tried HV desktop yet.

Tried desktop and like it better.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

East Clintwood

Quote from: Lanny on December 29, 2016, 10:21:19 am
We will add new features and use desktop as the default and mobile skin as an option

So, when is this going to happen?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

raz1965

I like the mobile version, somtimes I accidentally hit the desktop veiw, the only way I found to get back to mobile version is to clear my cache on phone delete my bookmark an browse the web to find hogville an then bookmark again. Is there a easier way to go back to mobile veiw, if so please tell, I have not seen a select mobile veiw 

East Clintwood

Quote from: raz1965 on March 31, 2018, 05:19:25 pm
I like the mobile version, somtimes I accidentally hit the desktop veiw, the only way I found to get back to mobile version is to clear my cache on phone delete my bookmark an browse the web to find hogville an then bookmark again. Is there a easier way to go back to mobile veiw, if so please tell, I have not seen a select mobile veiw 

The last 2 lines on the bottom of the page.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma