Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butt hurt over the Double reverse pass?

Started by MrKlem10, October 23, 2017, 11:39:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

Easy solution, don't let them get behind you...

So crazy to be mad about it.  Like my boss told another coach one time... "get all you want because we will be back"

26.2Hog

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 23, 2017, 11:39:16 am

So crazy to be mad about it.  Like my boss told another coach one time... "get all you want because we will be back"

Exactly.  If another team runs up the score on you, that's your own fault.

Tusks

I had no problem with the call.  They were up 25 late in the 3rd Q.  It was the nail in the coffin and allowed Auburn to get there starters off the field.

When you have a chance to go for the jugular you do it.  It's the SEC, you slit their throat and drink their blood.  Get with that or go home.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LRHawg

Found it a bit of a dick move, considering they could easily just run the ball over and over for 6 yards a pop and end the game sooner.

Hog Fan...DOH!

CBB had his offensive guard throw a TD pass against UAB.   

Just win, baby.

Tusks

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on October 23, 2017, 11:48:44 am
CBB had his offensive guard throw a TD pass against UAB.   

Just win, baby.

But that's different.  SMH

jkstock04

I find it funny some of our fans are whining about this. I thought it was marvelous. That's how you throat stomp a team to keep them from even thinking of crawling back in the game.

They were wanting redemption from the LSU debacle...and got it. I wish our coaches and team would do something similar.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tusks

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2017, 11:54:31 am
I find it funny some of our fans are whining about this. I thought it was marvelous. That's how you throat stomp a team to keep them from even thinking of crawling back in the game.

They were wanting redemption from the LSU debacle...and got it. I wish our coaches and team would do something similar.

No schit. 'they should've run the ball' really WHY?  They can put the nail in the coffin with ONE PLAY.  When you have an opening you take it.  Damnit this drives me crazy.

1highhog

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2017, 11:44:12 am
I had no problem with the call.  They were up 25 late in the 3rd Q.  It was the nail in the coffin and allowed Auburn to get there starters off the field.

When you have a chance to go for the jugular you do it.  It's the SEC, you slit their throat and drink their blood.  Get with that or go home.

Exactly!!  If I were a coach and even had to coach against my beloved hogs I'd try to beat them by 100 if I could, I hate to see coaches take their foot off the gas pedal, but, I do want the 2nd and 3rd string players to see all the playing time they can get but when they come in I would not change the game scheme up and just start handing the ball off, I'd allow those bench players to go through real game time experience by running the offense as intended.   It's up to the opposing team to stop what we're doing.

userpick

Those of us who had over 51.5 loved that playcall.

Jackrabbit Hog

Too bad we weren't playing Tennessee.  They ran a flea flicker against Bama but there was only one problem.....all their receivers stayed at the line of scrimmage.  Funniest thing I've ever seen.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRHawg

Fair points, perhaps my disdain for Gus is clouding my judgement.

Bigmac2

Yea, that taking a knee with 4 minutes left in the game or telegraphing 3 straight plays up the gut only to give the other team a chance to show the great integrity we have has really worked out for us hasn't it. Refreshing to see a coach going for the throat instead of worrying what he has to say at confession on Sunday.

hogboarder

Same people that scream "my kid deserves a trophy tooooo".

johnny cash

Quote from: Bigmac2 on October 23, 2017, 12:02:18 pm
Yea, that taking a knee with 4 minutes left in the game or telegraphing 3 straight plays up the gut only to give the other team a chance to show the great integrity we have has really worked out for us hasn't it. Refreshing to see a coach going for the throat instead of worrying what he has to say at confession on Sunday.
we are close. Nothing I seen on film can not be fixed. It's coming.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Oh, I was mad. But just at EVERYTHING, mostly the state of our program.

Gus?—Not really. That reverse pass did several things—Gus's team had been whipping us on every snap, and he was getting bored. He needed to flex his 'innovation' muscle just to let off some built-up pressure. I was amazed they pulled it off so flawlessly (but then again, I wasn't, considering the D they were going against.) Also, and this was the first thing I thought, Gus wanted to give one final "f-you" to Arkansas. Lastly, and this relates to my first point, they needed a big play to give them the momentum for the home stretch. A big-bang play. Yes, they could have kept running it up the middle and scored 3 or 4 minutes later.

There is nothing that can't be done on our defense. The last 2 years is truly unprecedented.

HyperDrive

After what happened vs LSU, Gus had to show the ability to keep his foot on a team's neck until they were really done and that dagger was the way to do it. 

Tejano Jawg

Oh, Hyperdrive makes an appearance. But I agree. Had AU been up 35+ in the 4th quarter, then we may have something to talk about.

And this...

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 23, 2017, 12:26:31 pm
Oh, I was mad. But just at EVERYTHING, mostly the state of our program.

Gus?—Not really. That reverse pass did several things—Gus's team had been whipping us on every snap, and he was getting bored. He needed to flex his 'innovation' muscle just to let off some built-up pressure. I was amazed they pulled it off so flawlessly (but then again, I wasn't, considering the D they were going against.) Also, and this was the first thing I thought, Gus wanted to give one final "f-you" to Arkansas. Lastly, and this relates to my first point, they needed a big play to give them the momentum for the home stretch. A big-bang play. Yes, they could have kept running it up the middle and scored 3 or 4 minutes later.

There is nothing that can't be done on our defense. The last 2 years is truly unprecedented.

Agree with all this. I didn't like seeing the reverse pass because it worked. Just like I didn't like seeing all Auburn's successful plays—Stidham's runs, Pettway's runs, etc.

To the point above, Gus needed to score and put an exclamation mark on it. And it did.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Atlhogfan1

I get why AU would keep scoring as you never know.  But in this case, we know why it was done.  Didn't bother me. 

Good for Gus to show Uga and Bama this variation so they can prepare for it.  Wasted it on us to feed his ego. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

007 License To Squeal

"Running up the score is a myth created by losers......."-GB
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Cotton

Sudden Change play, it's pre-called for that situation and had been set up by about 6 of those sweep plays earlier in the game.

Hammer that coffin shut.

Any snowflake that has a problem with this needs to put a helmet on cause life is gonna be rough.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

razorcash2

CBB doesn't slit throats...He just heads to the grocery store after the game then fires up the grill.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JaketheSnake

I don't mind the call... but that seems like a play you save for when you really need it.  To me, that is Gus flipping Fayetteville the bird. 

HawgTide

I was at the game and had no problem with that play either. It was smart of Gus to go for the kill shot

hogcard1964

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 23, 2017, 11:59:58 am
Too bad we weren't playing Tennessee.  They ran a flea flicker against Bama but there was only one problem.....all their receivers stayed at the line of scrimmage.  Funniest thing I've ever seen.

I saw that. It was hilarious.

hogcard1964

Quote from: razorcash2 on October 23, 2017, 01:19:41 pm
CBB doesn't slit throats...He just heads to the grocery store after the game then fires up the grill.

Butters is gunna eat.

Junkyard Hog

I don't have a problem with it at all.  If someone runs the score up, it's my fault.

With that being said, I wouldn't use a trick play unless I needed it.  Save it for another day.......

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: LRHawg on October 23, 2017, 11:47:34 am
Found it a bit of a dick move, considering they could easily just run the ball over and over for 6 yards a pop and end the game sooner.

If Malzahn could have put 152 on Bielema, I don't think anyone would doubt that Malzahn would have done so.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

10thPlanet

Our job to stop them, this isn't little league.

311Hog

In the context of Gus being an "Arkansas guy" and "former coach" that many "fans" want/believe will be the "next" Razorback Headcoach.

Yes it was a dick move to embarrass further the school, but no there is no such thing as running it up.

btw. we are a terrible team CBB has to go, Nutt was a fool and i am no friend of Nutt, Petrino had to be fired and will not be a Hog coach again.  I feel i have to state these things on ever post to head off the replies.

KennyForAD

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 23, 2017, 01:35:43 pm
I don't mind the call... but that seems like a play you save for when you really need it.  To me, that is Gus flipping Fayetteville the bird. 

How can anyone care what the opponent was able to do, instead of caring that we couldn't stop them?   My God I am sick of Arkansas people today.  Good Lord.

Cotton

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 23, 2017, 01:41:32 pm
If Malzahn could have put 152 on Bielema, I don't think anyone would doubt that Malzahn would have done so.
And that's cause of Bielema's mouth.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

texas tush hog

And Fayetteville never flipped old "high school" the bird? He wanted this job. He waited till Bielema's hiring was announced before he took the Auburn job. Jeffie deserves these beat downs. Gus telling Jeffie "How do you like me now?" As Toby Keith would say.

cosmodrum

If it was any other coach on the planet I wouldn't care, but it's Gus. If had a hobbled Michael Dyer to throw out there, he would've. He was sticking it to each and every one of us.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 23, 2017, 02:27:15 pm

And Fayetteville never flipped old "high school" the bird? He wanted this job. He waited till Bielema's hiring was announced before he took the Auburn job. Jeffie deserves these beat downs. Gus telling Jeffie "How do you like me now?" As Toby Keith would say.

Oh well that makes it feel better.
Go away, batin'

TrueBlue

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 23, 2017, 02:31:11 pm
If it was any other coach on the planet I wouldn't care, but it's Gus. If had a hobbled Michael Dyer to throw out there, he would've. He was sticking it to each and every one of us.

The people angry about this play are just mad because you heard the rumor that Arkansas might not be getting a Participation Trophy this year for everyone.

311Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 23, 2017, 02:31:11 pm

^^^^ This 1000%

I am not made of the material that takes a cheapshot in the junk from someone, and then remains friends with them, nay begs them and defends them when they aren't there, but they are somewhere else laughing at me.

Gus doesn't like you, he is never coming back.

DLUXHOG

Well...... the Hogs, will be back on top of the food chain, and sooner than any of you on Hogville would believe....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bphi11ips

Quote from: 311Hog on October 23, 2017, 02:06:50 pm
In the context of Gus being an "Arkansas guy" and "former coach" that many "fans" want/believe will be the "next" Razorback Headcoach.

Yes it was a dick move to embarrass further the school, but no there is no such thing as running it up.

btw. we are a terrible team CBB has to go, Nutt was a fool and i am no friend of Nutt, Petrino had to be fired and will not be a Hog coach again.  I feel i have to state these things on ever post to head off the replies.

What do you not get about a great call at the right time? 

I went to a high school game Friday night where a 7-1 6A team played a 6-2 4A team.  The 7-1 team had mercy ruled (running clock with 35 point lead in the second half) 5 teams already.  The 4A team is a traditional power.  The score was 35-7 6A early in the third quarter when 6A took over near midfield after a short punt.  They scored on a reverse on the first play.  That was the first reverse I've seen that team run all year.  42-7 and running clock.  The reserves finished.  The final score was 49-7.

Jeez. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

311Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 23, 2017, 02:57:56 pm
What do you not get about a great call at the right time? 

I went to a high school game Friday night where a 7-1 6A team played a 6-2 4A team.  The 7-1 team had mercy ruled (running clock with 35 point lead in the second half) 5 teams already.  The 4A team is a traditional power.  The score was 35-7 6A early in the third quarter when 6A took over near midfield after a short punt.  They scored on a reverse on the first play.  That was the first reverse I've seen that team run all year.  42-7 and running clock.  The reserves finished.  The final score was 49-7.

Jeez. 

What part of these two things probably are not the same.

Was the HC from the same city/high school/and former coach of that school that was getting routed?

I am going to go with no he wasn't.  What part of "that is not necessary" do you not get?

As bad of a football team as we are Gus could have just ran a bloody dive play and it would been housed, the whole point is he made a point of it metaphorically by calling that play.  He stuck it to us not because it was a "good play at the right time" but because of the history between us.

And would you as a Hog fan still be sitting here begging for this man to be your coach after all that has happened? talk about Stockholm syndrome...

HoopS

This is funny if you can remember back a few years ago when Gus was in a similar situation and ran Dyer right up the gut....right up the gut...,,and we had fans crying he ran it up. How about we learn to stop the dude? I've heard cries of "high school offense" for a decade now but we keep getting the score run up by it. Embarrassing.

007 License To Squeal

I would hope the Razorback flip every team the bird......nothing wrong in winning.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

311Hog

Quote from: HoopS on October 23, 2017, 03:03:26 pm
This is funny if you can remember back a few years ago when Gus was in a similar situation and ran Dyer right up the gut....right up the gut...,,and we had fans crying he ran it up. How about we learn to stop the dude? I've heard cries of "high school offense" for a decade now but we keep getting the score run up by it. Embarrassing.

if i remember correctly as always there is more to the story, and what people were upset about was that Dyer was injured and he stuck him in just to try and "get in on" the beat down.

This what i am talking about even further.  Gus has a history of this, yet people still believe that he would drop everything and come back to coach here.  The man hates this place if you judge strictly by how he acts when his teams play the Hogs.

Slimgoodman

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 23, 2017, 11:39:16 am

Who's butthurt about it?

hogmolar

The question is at that time had Arkansas quit trying to score points?  Nope, so why should you as an opponent. 

HoopS

Quote from: 311Hog on October 23, 2017, 03:05:25 pm
if i remember correctly as always there is more to the story, and what people were upset about was that Dyer was injured and he stuck him in just to try and "get in on" the beat down.

This what i am talking about even further.  Gus has a history of this, yet people still believe that he would drop everything and come back to coach here.  The man hates this place if you judge strictly by how he acts when his teams play the Hogs.
Dyer didn't look hurt. Ran straight through us.

I don't think he'll come back.

But yes, judging by how he whips the brakes off of us, I'm sure he doesn't intend to come back. Nor should he.

Vantage 8 dude

While I may not like many of the things "St. Augustus" might pull, it's still our responsibility to stop them, trick/gadget  play or straight ahead "in your face" running. We just couldn't get the job done...totally and completely on us.

hawgdavis

I don't have a problem with it it's not up to him to stop scoring that's what an offense is supposed to do and it's up to our defense to stop them from doing so. If the situation had been reversed we would have loved it . We would want to score 105+ on their arss if we could and y'all know I telling the truth. Plus at that point I was hoping it was the death nail for BB and that they would put up 70+ just to be sure

code red

Funny how we have extra edge players in the 3-5 and still got CB sniffing the LOS.  Makes me believe we have no clue what we are doing on defense.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou