Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida has contacted Taggart

Started by ballz2thewall, October 30, 2017, 07:02:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BorderPatrol

Is this the same SEC Country that reported earlier that Arkansas is hosting LSU at 11 for homecoming?

bp

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 30, 2017, 07:02:55 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/report-oregon-coach-willie-taggart-contacted-florida-opening-real-possibility

That's what I would do...hire a coach whose Oregon team is 5-4 for the season and may end up 6-6. I doubt Florida will go this direction. Anyone know what Taggart's buy-out is at Oregon?

They can do better than Taggert. I'd go for Mullen if I were them.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

247Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 30, 2017, 07:13:40 pm
That's what I would do...hire a coach whose Oregon team is 5-4 for the season and may end up 6-6. I doubt Florida will go this direction. Anyone know what Taggart's buy-out is at Oregon?

Huge mistake if they hire Taggart and doesn't make much sense IMO. Makes me think maybe they see having diversity would help recruit. Maybe not, just trying to figure that one out.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 30, 2017, 07:16:01 pm
Please let them hire Taggart.

I'd laugh my ass off if they do.

Pay millions on a buyout mid season for Taggart is a head scratcher.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

lilRockNDubb

They should target Saban. Get him out of the west

The Hawg Marshal

BR

There are also post out there that Taggart has denied those reports...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Wildhog

Quote from: 247Hog on October 30, 2017, 07:16:49 pm

I think Taggart is a great coach, and it keeps UF away from Frost/Campbell.
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

Quote from: Wildhog on October 30, 2017, 07:16:01 pm
Please let them hire Taggart.

I was hoping they hire Mullen so he can stop beating us

jrulz83

No way they hire Taggart.

They need to get Petrino.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: 247Hog on October 30, 2017, 07:16:49 pm

Taggart is cheap compared to Campbell.

http://footballscoop.com/news/willie-taggarts-buyout-makes-shockingly-available/

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

WaltonCollege

Taggart has deep FLA recruiting ties

Bebop

Looking at his resume, he did turn WKU and South Florida around. He made progress each year. He is from Florida and seems to be respected down there. I think Florida could do worse.

247Hog

Quote from: BR on October 30, 2017, 07:18:50 pm
There are also post out there that Taggart has denied those reports...

What would he say? Yeah im thinking about leaving the team for Florida. Ill let ya know in a few weeks?

Pork Ranger

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 30, 2017, 07:19:36 pm
No way they hire Taggart.

Didn't they target Petrino while he was here? And that's when he got the bigger contract?

The Hawg Marshal

I'm not saying that they haven't contacted  him, but this is the time of year coaches names get leaked, and raises are given to keep them. It's silly season and Florida just kicked it off.

ipigsooie

It would be a good hire. He is the Scott Frost from last season. USF is undefeated and in the top 20 thanks to his players. He is a great recruiter and deep ties to the state of Florida. His buyout is only around 3 mill. He would be a good fit. I don't think Oregon is his best spot with his recruiting ties in the state of Florida.

Boardon Hamsay

Initial reports from Taggart's camp are as follows.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 30, 2017, 07:33:01 pm
It would be a good hire. He is the Scott Frost from last season. USF is undefeated and in the top 20 thanks to his players. He is a great recruiter and deep ties to the state of Florida. His buyout is only around 3 mill. He would be a good fit. I don't think Oregon is his best spot with his recruiting ties in the state of Florida.

He coaches UCF.

Do you mean Nebraska?

ricepig

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 30, 2017, 07:34:15 pm
He coaches UCF.

Do you mean Nebraska?

He's talking about Taggart being the hot coaching name last season, as Frost is this year.

Dropkick

go hogues

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 30, 2017, 07:19:36 pm
Can you imagine how scary good he'd be there? Wow.

Though I don't see him gelling with Stricklin personality wise.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

BR

Quote from: 247Hog on October 30, 2017, 07:26:48 pm
What would he say? Yeah im thinking about leaving the team for Florida. Ill let ya know in a few weeks?
Florida would need Oregon's permission to speak with a coach under contract. Now on the other hand, not his agent...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

jrulz83

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 30, 2017, 07:30:06 pm
Didn't they target Petrino while he was here? And that's when he got the bigger contract?

I can't remember for sure.

Not hard to recruit to Florida, speed falling on your head like coconuts, he's a jerk that everybody loves to hate. To me Petrino would be perfect for Florida.

jrulz83

Quote from: go hogues on October 30, 2017, 07:43:19 pm
Can you imagine how scary good he'd be there? Wow.

Though I don't see him gelling with Stricklin personality wise.

It'd be bad.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 30, 2017, 07:13:40 pm

You aren't usually one of the dense ones around here.  There is more to that story, but I bet you know that. 

texas tush hog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 30, 2017, 07:19:06 pm
I think Taggart is a great coach, and it keeps UF away from Frost/Campbell.

Frost to Nebraska; Campbell to Tennessee; Mullen to Florida.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 30, 2017, 07:33:01 pm

They got beat by Houston this past weekend

Bebop

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 30, 2017, 07:45:18 pm
I can't remember for sure.

Not hard to recruit to Florida, speed falling on your head like coconuts, he's a jerk that everybody loves to hate. To me Petrino would be perfect for Florida.

Petrino to Tennessee instead of Florida, in my opinion. With Jurich getting canned, I think Petrino might be more interested in leaving Louisville. It would give him reason to do so. If Jurich was kept on as the AD, then I think Bobby wouldn't leave Louisville.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 30, 2017, 07:49:13 pm

And Morris to aTm.

onebadrubi

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 30, 2017, 07:49:13 pm

The east all of a sudden becomes the sec west of the last ten years

ricepig

jrulz83

Quote from: Bebop on October 30, 2017, 07:50:50 pm
Petrino to Tennessee instead of Florida, in my opinion. With Jurich getting canned, I think Petrino might be more interested in leaving Louisville. It would give him reason to do so. If Jurich was kept on as the AD, then I think Bobby wouldn't leave Louisville.

Well we know what opinions are like.  ;D

I agree on Petrino looking to get out of Louisville.

solitons

I think they are smarter than that

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 30, 2017, 07:47:33 pm
You aren't usually one of the dense ones around here.  There is more to that story, but I bet you know that. 

Well excuse me for not knowing what you seem to know.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 30, 2017, 08:00:20 pm
Well excuse me for not knowing what you seem to know.

The previous Oregon coach wrecked that program.
It's his first year
He did very well in Florida, has a current coach on cruise control at the program he built
Oh and Oregon has been it by injury bug, i believe they are playing a freshman QB be of injury as well. 

More to the story than to judge a coach on Juan first year at a new job

longpig

October 30, 2017, 08:29:51 pm #41 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:00:07 pm by longpig
Taggart hasn't maintained success anywhere, so why would the Gators go after him?
Don't be scared, be smart.

ipigsooie

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 30, 2017, 07:34:15 pm
He coaches UCF.

Do you mean Nebraska?

No, I mean he built up USF like Frost has done with UCF. He was a big hire and big name last year like Frost is this year. That's why I didn't understand why the guy was on him about this year at Oregon. Helfrich wrecked that prove.  But to be fair, I'm not sure what Chop left behind.

Sivad

Calling All Hogs

Florida doesn't have much to lose. If he doesn't work out they will fire him in a couple of years. Then they will probably follow him to Church and when he professes to being a sinner they'll fire him under the morals cause with no buyout.

Tick Hog

Quote from: Bebop on October 30, 2017, 07:24:36 pm
Looking at his resume, he did turn WKU and South Florida around. He made progress each year. He is from Florida and seems to be respected down there. I think Florida could do worse.
He's a damn good coach but most around here only go by this year and game to game at that.

Oklahawg

Those suggesting Petrino leaves Louisville this year are on to something. He wants out before the program collapses (again). Florida, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn. Lots of schools that seem to have no problem taking him on, and then others who might consider it given that he is a successful coach.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

texas tush hog

Quote from: King Kong on October 30, 2017, 07:19:26 pm
I was hoping they hire Mullen so he can stop beating us

They probably are, I hope they do, so they will leave Norvell alone, before we fire Bielema

elksnort