Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s hard for me to believe

Started by Granny fan, October 31, 2017, 10:37:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

November 01, 2017, 09:09:38 am #100 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:20:00 pm by Hoggie17
Quote from: hogsanity on November 01, 2017, 09:00:50 am
Probably the same ones that have all the "new" accounts that have popped up to do nothing but bash BB and Long.
Long and BB are not putting a competitive product on the field.  That's not bashing that's telling it like it is.  I want the Hogs to win all their games.

I will be rooting for the Hogs this Saturday and the rest of the year.  This is not rocket science, CBB can't cut it in the SEC. To continue making excuses for CBB  means you don't care if the Hogs win or lose.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: root_hawg on October 31, 2017, 02:13:03 pm
So if Ole Miss, Tenn, Florida, Missouri, and Texas AM plus us are all looking for coaches... where do you rank us in terms of where a coach would want to go?

I think Florida, Tenn, Texas AM are all clear cut favorite destinations before us so at BEST you are looking at getting the 4th best coach out there.

I agree with you on clear cut favorites but I also see Mississippi as a better job if not for the huge cloud over it for recruiting scandals. They are much closer to the SEC recruiting hot beds. 

I think Missouri and us are about a wash.   Even Ms. St.  if it opens up is about a wash because Mullen has good talent down there and they also are much closer to recruiting areas plus small town Bama and Ms recruits like the small town of Starksville.  Also I think the school administration is very favorable to athletes.

We just have to find the right fit.

CiriusPorker

Here's how we know we have a problem.  People are saying "if we beat Mizzou and CC"...
those should be givens this year...they're not.  Something's wrong.  In college football, it rolls downhill.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 01, 2017, 07:25:54 am
This is a good post that will be ignored, particularly the last two paragraphs.

It is not unreasonable to believe Arkansas would be better served with stability.  Heck, even ten years of Nutt proves that.

I like CBB but his style of play and his choices of assistants were not good fits here. We need a coach who is a better fit.  Has southern roots and plays a more wide open offense,

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 01, 2017, 09:09:38 am
Long and BB are not putting a competitive product on the field.  That's not bashing that's telling it like it is.  I want the Hogs to win all their games.

I will be rooting for the Hogs this Saturday and the rest of the year.  This is not rocket science, CBB can't cut it in the SEC. To continues making excuses for CBB  means you don't care if the Hogs win or lose.

That is not bashing, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the weight comments, calling BB Bert among other things. Constantly whining about winning the class room battle, having integrity, etc. That is what I am talking about.

It is exactly right to say that BB is not getting it done on the field.

As for Long, he is doing a fine job as AD, a job that goes far beyond whether the football team is winning or not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

snoblind

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 01, 2017, 08:30:40 am
Which one of you idiots made a dupe account to troll with?

Not a new account.  Been around about as long as the current coach.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 01, 2017, 07:25:54 am
This is a good post that will be ignored, particularly the last two paragraphs.

It is not unreasonable to believe Arkansas would be better served with stability.  Heck, even ten years of Nutt proves that. 

Stability is great if you have the right coach.

if you have a good coach and you're winning and things are going good, of course you want to maintain that for a long time.*

If you have a coach that has proven that he can't hack it, continuing that status for any additional time just for stabilities sake is stupid.

* unless you're LSU or Georgia
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 01, 2017, 09:02:37 am
You are Exhibit A of what I am talking about.  Seriously, out of your 42,759 posts probably 42,500 of them have been telling everyone how disadvantaged Arkansas is and how we are probably going to suck no matter what we do.  You did it when Nutt was here and you are doing it now.  You also ridicule other people for making Arkansas football such an important part of their lives, and yet you have posted on an Arkansas football board almost 43,000 times yourself.  If each of your posts took five minutes to formulate and write, and if you spent another five minutes reading the board for every post you made, you have spent the equivalent of 297 straight days...almost ten months of your life, 24 hours per day...on this board. 

How old are you?  What percentage of your life have you spent here in the last 10-12 years?

On top of being a Nutt hugger and someone who cries out incessantly in defense and pursuit of mediocrity, you're a hypocrite and a fraud.

I don't know how old he is but I am in my mid 40's and I have lived here all my life, and I can tell you he isn't wrong about the difficulties that Arkansas faces.  They are plain for anyone to see.  I do however believe that we can have sustained long-term success here.  I also think that integrity and honesty and doing things the right way count for something. I don't like to see those values written off as if they're just words.  I don't think we have to be a mediocre program, and I don't think we have to sacrifice those values to be good. I do think we have to have an exact fit for anyone who wants to take on this job and I think they need to go into it with a clear picture of what type of challenges they will face here. Denying the issues won't make them go away. We need a coach that can win with top 20 talent when facing top 10 talent in most of the games that we play.  Whatever system he runs, whatever his philosophy, that is what he is going to have to do.  I thought Bielema could do that and it appears not to be the case. I am hopeful that if/when we get a new coach he can do that.     

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 01, 2017, 09:02:37 am
You are Exhibit A of what I am talking about.  Seriously, out of your 42,759 posts probably 42,500 of them have been telling everyone how disadvantaged Arkansas is and how we are probably going to suck no matter what we do.  You did it when Nutt was here and you are doing it now.  You also ridicule other people for making Arkansas football such an important part of their lives, and yet you have posted on an Arkansas football board almost 43,000 times yourself.  If each of your posts took five minutes to formulate and write, and if you spent another five minutes reading the board for every post you made, you have spent the equivalent of 297 straight days...almost ten months of your life, 24 hours per day...on this board. 

How old are you?  What percentage of your life have you spent here in the last 10-12 years?

On top of being a Nutt hugger and someone who cries out incessantly in defense and pursuit of mediocrity, you're a hypocrite and a fraud.

I'm 47. I have a job where I can have HV open on my computer pretty much all day, and I can promise most of my posts do not take 5 minutes to formulate or type.

I gain NOTHING long term whether the Hogs win or lose. All I gain from their games are some hours of entertainment. None of my friends think differently of me based on the results of a Hog game.

Some of you act like the coach has personally cone to your house and drank all your beer every time the Hogs lose. You act as if it is a personal attack on you by the school if they do not do what you think should be done.

Then there are people like you that are still fixated on coaches that have not been here for over a decade in the case of HDN and now 5 years in the case of BP.

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 01, 2017, 09:44:13 am
I don't know how old he is but I am in my mid 40's and I have lived here all my life, and I can tell you he isn't wrong about the difficulties that Arkansas faces.  They are plain for anyone to see.  I do however believe that we can have sustained long-term success here.  I also think that integrity and honesty and doing things the right way count for something. I don't like to see those values written off as if they're just words.  I don't think we have to be a mediocre program, and I don't think we have to sacrifice those values to be good. I do think we have to have an exact fit for anyone who wants to take on this job and I think they need to go into it with a clear picture of what type of challenges they will face here. Denying the issues won't make them go away. We need a coach that can win with top 20 talent when facing top 10 talent in most of the games that we play.  Whatever system he runs, whatever his philosophy, that is what he is going to have to do.  I thought Bielema could do that and it appears not to be the case. I am hopeful that if/when we get a new coach he can do that.     

I too have lived here my whole life. I find it funny that some of the most ardent posters about how Arkansas is not disadvantaged do not even live in the state.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogsanity on November 01, 2017, 09:39:43 am
That is not bashing, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the weight comments, calling BB Bert among other things. Constantly whining about winning the class room battle, having integrity, etc. That is what I am talking about.

It is exactly right to say that BB is not getting it done on the field.

As for Long, he is doing a fine job as AD, a job that goes far beyond whether the football team is winning or not.

I am not referring to Longs job as AD, the part that he plays in the our football program is what I am referring to, however the football program is the flag ship of the AD and that is a big part of his job.

CBB and Long are not putting a competitive product on the field.  We are losing more than we are winning.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 31, 2017, 11:06:54 am
Gotcha. Yeah I haven't seen anyone posting that we should keep BB, yet I keep seeing people post that there are people saying that.

I see a post from time to time that is pro(keeping)Bielema but the are rare and getting rarer every day and no I'm not talking about posters that just want us to win games.

It's kinda interesting to watch the reverse psychology being thrown in people's faces.  It wasn't long ago that if one person said "fire Brett" it was turned into a host by the Pro-Bielemers.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 01, 2017, 09:53:44 am
I am not referring to Longs job as AD, the part that he plays in the our football program is what I am referring to, however the football program is the flag ship of the AD and that is a big part of his job.

CBB and Long are not putting a competitive product on the field.  We are losing more than we are winning.

And those are fair comments.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 01, 2017, 07:41:52 am
But why do you think this is the coach that we need to provide long term security for?  His win/loss record in the sec is atrocious. His in game coaching and half time adjustments are some of the worst I've ever seen. Instead of slow continuous improvement over time this will be one of his worst records on a team composed fully of his kids. His players quit easily. We've had some record blowouts the past few years where the team clearly gave up.
I don't, necessarily.  I just don't think we are about to make a move and I think most of the folks who hate Coach B go way overboard, both with the why and the how.

But, if I were making an argument that he might be that guy, his record at Wisconsin and his overall approach to building a program would be why I could see us "getting it" sometime over the next 2-3 years.
All Gas, No Brakes!

je100

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 01, 2017, 09:44:13 am

I think that's a good way of putting it - and I think that sums up our situation quite accurately.  I suppose one could legitimately believe that;

* That coach exists, and it's a fairly easy process to get that guy here, without a lot of downside in expense and program setbacks, whatever they may be.
* That coach exists, and it will cost the program in both buyouts and recruiting.  The program will be set back for a couple of years, but eventually the new coach's talent will
   benefit the program in terms of wins and losses in a way that overshadows any program setbacks, whatever they may be.
* That coach exists, and it will cost the program in both buyouts and recruiting.  The program will be set back long enough that whatever marginal increase in head coaching talent
   exists, will be overshadowed by the setbacks in the program, whatever they may be.
* That coach doesn't exist, and we should stay put.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: snoblind on November 01, 2017, 09:40:23 am
Not a new account.  Been around about as long as the current coach.

I think there are several, if not many, dup accounts....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

snoblind

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 01, 2017, 10:57:00 am

No doubt.

I'm too lazy to put out that kind of effort.  Use the same handle on every message board and it goes back to my original email addy from over 20 years ago.

hogsanity

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 01, 2017, 10:57:00 am

I always find it odd that when any hot button issue is ongoing, we see a bevy of new accounts on a board that has been around for 15 or so years, and the "new" accounts always are mainly on one side of the argument. And the new accounts always have a posting style just like several long time posters.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 01, 2017, 11:06:32 am
I always find it odd that when any hot button issue is ongoing, we see a bevy of new accounts on a board that has been around for 15 or so years, and the "new" accounts always are mainly on one side of the argument. And the new accounts always have a posting style just like several long time posters.

Please, play match that poster, it's a slow day...

hawgfan4life

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 31, 2017, 10:53:19 am
I don't think there are too many fans that want Bret to stay.  The way some so called fans are acting we won't get a name coach at Arkansas.

BP and BB was as big name as fans get and our fans are docile compared to some fan base and how we were at the end of HDN's regime.

jcbville

Is this a board for discussing Razorback Football/sports or is it about discussing speculation and conjecture regarding fans you/others disagree with on a personal level?