Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Years Ago Tomorrow the Universe Shook.

Started by mj4president, September 24, 2019, 11:38:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

9 years and seemingly a lifetime ago, Ryan Mallett connected with Jarius Wright and then he hit Ronnie Wingo on a wheel route and the sound records were broken.

Let's get back to that, please!
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogsInaBlanket

back when i used to fly from NY for games and actually be able to go to games that mattered. now it's "i'll book the flight and buy tickets if we beat ole miss...oh well..."

LRHawg

:'(

We should have won this game. Mallet should have thrown that ball away harder.

hogsanity

Yea, how'd that game end.....................oh yea, like it always does. Heck Bama fans even broke out the rammer jammer chant that day in dwrrs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoghearted

Quote from: hogsanity on September 24, 2019, 11:44:53 am
Yea, how'd that game end.....................oh yea, like it always does. Heck Bama fans even broke out the rammer jammer chant that day in dwrrs.

Good grief. Instead of griping about one game, try looking at the totality of that season. Now, compare it to where we are now. Get the picture?

Like we are sooooooo much closer to beating Bama now. We can't even squeak out a win against SJS.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hogsanity

Quote from: hoghearted on September 24, 2019, 11:47:06 am
Good grief. Instead of griping about one game, try looking at the totality of that season. Now, compare it to where we are now. Get the picture?

Like we are sooooooo much closer to beating Bama now. We can't even squeak out a win against SJS.

I'm looking at the totality of Ar football in my almost 50 years on this planet. Every time they have a chance to win the big game, they find a way to lose it, or if they do, then the next week they puke on themselves. 1979 was my 1st game in person, in Fay against Houston. Hogs were coming off a win over Texas, ABC was in town for the game of the week. Hogs managed to lose 13-10 when Holtz, played for a tie, and Ish Ordonez kicked the ball in to a players helmet. 

The bama game in 2010 was another example. Had Bama in town, in a season where Bama eventually lost 3 SEC games, and still could not get the job done.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on September 24, 2019, 11:53:43 am
I'm looking at the totality of Ar football in my almost 50 years on this planet. Every time they have a chance to win the big game, they find a way to lose it, or if they do, then the next week they puke on themselves. 1979 was my 1st game in person, in Fay against Houston. Hogs were coming off a win over Texas, ABC was in town for the game of the week. Hogs managed to lose 13-10 when Holtz, played for a tie, and Ish Ordonez kicked the ball in to a players helmet. 

The bama game in 2010 was another example. Had Bama in town, in a season where Bama eventually lost 3 SEC games, and still could not get the job done.

I'm pretty pessimistic myself, but you spew the same darn in every single thread.

We get it.

For someone who likes to make it well known that you don't attend games and find better things to do on Saturdays than watch the games, you sure do devote a lot of time to this board.

OtterHog

I wish I could bottle up the crowd from that day.

My ears rang for two days after that game.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 24, 2019, 11:59:27 am
I'm pretty pessimistic myself, but you spew the same darn in every single thread.

We get it.

For someone who likes to make it well known that you don't attend games and find better things to do on Saturdays than watch the games, you sure do devote a lot of time to this board.

That's because he isn't a Hog fan.

Every post, in every thread, he spouts off why we can't win.

PRJ

phadedhawg

It was a fine moment in a game we lost.  I have trouble separating the awesome moment from the feeling I had after that one ended the way it did. 

Those were better days but every season before the last two were better days. 

PonderinHog

I'll never forget the look on Saban's face at halftime - fear.  Somehow, he rallied his troops and Ingram bailed him out.

Deep Shoat

That's was an incredible atmosphere to lose a football game in...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Get over yourself.

Arkansas football has never ever been this bad.

pigachu

Quote from: LRHawg on September 24, 2019, 11:42:21 am
:'(

We should have won this game. Mallet should have thrown that ball away harder.

Its always bugged me how Verne totally screwed up the call

Tejano Jawg

Oh I remember. Great game, until it wasn't. We all want some of Mallett's throws back...especially his last one. The worst part is—it was a year we were truly the better team. Not many of those.

Times HAVE changed. On Saturday, once again, I laid an extra ticket on the sidewalk. (Last year at the Alabama game, I put 3 on the sidewalk). For that 2010 game, a friend of mine bought 6 tickets for $200+ each to sit in the upper east deck!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

mj4president

I want to have the fire again. I get it, we lost that game but boy howdy, what an environment.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

#1 STUNNA

our own poorer version of the chiefs... gonna score alot... gonna throw it all over... and never knew who was gonna lead us in receiving yards on any given saturday....

PonderinHog

If only Niles Davies had already hit his stride...

OtterHog

PonderinHog

wildturkey8

Such a scold.

UAGolfer1981

code red

Yep bad decision by Ryan.  The FG would have won it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PonderinHog

LRHawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 24, 2019, 12:44:32 pm
Oh I remember. Great game, until it wasn't. We all want some of Mallett's throws back...especially his last one. The worst part is—it was a year we were truly the better team. Not many of those.

Times HAVE changed. On Saturday, once again, I laid an extra ticket on the sidewalk. (Last year at the Alabama game, I put 3 on the sidewalk). For that 2010 game, a friend of mine bought 6 tickets for $200+ each to sit in the upper east deck!

Jeez, your friend got robbed. I copped two East Side outdoor club tickets for $125 each about 10 minutes before game time :D

Hogsmo Kramer

Best game I've ever been to as a hog fan, even though we lost.

The energy in that place was unreal.

Miss those times so much.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!