Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I said before this A&M game that Chavis can't be worst than what we had.NOW

Started by forrest city joe, December 29, 2017, 04:34:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

Even our "highly touted" 2017  offense (yeah,  right) put 43 on Chavis this year . . . guess we're counting on his recruiting abilities to carry the day.  I'm just not overly impressed with this hire.  I mean, he was actually part of the reason Sumlin had his arse fired this year.  His stellar defenses at aTm just seemed to collapse every October for the past 3 years.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Regardless of the coaching situation, the Belk bowl is indicative of where college football is headed.  Reminded me of the big 12, particularly the Oklahoma vs. Ok St. game.   

LZH

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on December 29, 2017, 06:00:57 pm
Regardless of the coaching situation, the Belk bowl is indicative of where college football is headed.  Reminded me of the big 12, particularly the Oklahoma vs. Ok St. game.   

True. I miss bloody 17-14 games when every first down really mattered.

lumphog

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:37:45 pm
Stop it!!! Have some perspective man. They have an interim head coach and half of them probably could care less about playing in the game. It wasn't nearly as "bad folks" as you try to make it seem. You're also severely discounting the Aggie factor.
^^^ THIS ^^^   What the hell are they playing for ??? Believe what you want, but Chavis is a genius.... when it comes to defense & is probably the BEST DC in the country. He's dominated the SEC for decades... yall are friggin NUTTS.. I don't know what was going on at aTm , but you can bet yoAss something was.... I TRUST THE CHIEF!!!!!!

MasterChiefHog

I was looking at farmhogs avatar and forgot what this thread was about. Oh yea, I think Morris will use TJ Hammonds a lot more than CBB did.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 29, 2017, 05:17:43 pm
If coach Morris hires him,i will be 100% behind it and give the man a chance.maybe things will be better under this man. i just want a good defense again.

I'm just glad you are gonna give him a chance. Would hate for you to veto morris' choice of DC.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

The real Hogules

Quote from: farmhawg on December 29, 2017, 05:41:29 pm
You had your five years of Bert, now man up and take it.

Yes, Tennessee has hired their next head coach. He was Bama's DC, so that created an opportunity for both Alabama and Tennessee to hire Chavis, but nothing.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:49:30 pm
How many years did Bielema coach in the SEC?

Without going back and counting, I'm feeling about 20 years or so?

rude1

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 29, 2017, 06:40:26 pm
Yes, Tennessee has hired their next head coach. He was Bama's DC, so that created an opportunity for both Alabama and Tennessee to hire Chavis, but nothing.
Saban runs Bama's defense, anyone hired there is coming to learn not teach. Tn. hired Bama's DC, I am sure after working under Saban he already knows how he wants to play defense. Neither place would be looking for a DC already with his own plan.

Ragnar Hogbrok

If Chavis is hired, I'm going to have to change my screen name.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Justagp

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 04:36:01 pm
Bro seriously, can you start capitalizing words after you use a period
Where is your punctuation mark after asking a question?

jkstock04

I find it ironic that the Hogville homers are going to bat for a guy who isn't even our coach yet. Simple rumors and we are already falling over backwards to defend 55 points and 650 yards given up in one game lol.

I mean...we could probably do worse than Chavis, but those that may argue he's a bit over the hill and washed up have some evidence to say so.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BallHog1

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 29, 2017, 04:56:07 pm
One problem with that.A&M have been giving up a lot of points the last 2 years.i hope if it is Chavis,that he does great. but i am in wait and see mode now. before this game i did not think our defense could be as bad as it's been the last 2 years here with Chavis coming here.but good lord!
I have it on good authority that the entire Broyels center is walking on eggshells worried that you are in wait and see mode.
A lot of seriously stressed out folks worrying about what will happen if you inevitably disapprove of the hire after you "wait and see".
I'm a little nervous myself.

bollweevilhog

BallHog1

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 29, 2017, 06:32:13 pm
I'm just glad you are gonna give him a chance. Would hate for you to veto morris' choice of DC.
I second this, don't think I could sleep knowing Joe wasn't going to give him a chance....

elksnort

Quote from: LZH on December 29, 2017, 06:13:34 pm
True. I miss bloody 17-14 games when every first down really mattered.
I do too.
I guess being in our early 50s, we are just old farts though.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: wildturkey8 on December 29, 2017, 04:41:13 pm
Willy Robinson was good against the spread.

A&M 2011. Petrino had to tell him what to do to fix the problem when they had 38 at the half..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

LZH

SooieGeneris

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 29, 2017, 07:33:35 pm
I find it ironic that the Hogville homers are going to bat for a guy who isn't even our coach yet. Simple rumors and we are already falling over backwards to defend 55 points and 650 yards given up in one game lol.

I mean...we could probably do worse than Chavis, but those that may argue he's a bit over the hill and washed up have some evidence to say so.

It seems to be quite a bit more than "simple rumors". I'm sure Steve Caldwell just resigned from Boise State today to take a job at Mo. State..

We could do a lot worse than Chavis. Maybe he is a bit over the hill, looks like we will find out next fall.

Hogville's darling Grinch's defense gave up 80 something points, nearly 90 in WSUs last 2 games. Ohio State didn't turn up their noses.

This just in: the game of football has changed! The type of games we are seeing in Bowls are the rule more than the exception. A&M had 2 starters in the secondary out with injuries today.

If they had had a Bielema type grind it out TOP offense they would have been blown out even if Wake Forest had 20 min. TOP. It happened to us how many times?

At least we are going to an offense that can possibly keep up. Like the man said, "if you don't have speed, you're chasing speed." If you can't run the spread these days, good luck trying to keep from getting left behind.

Even Saban had to adjust to keep up, or to stay ahead in his case.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on December 29, 2017, 05:21:18 pm
Chavis had a lot to lose as this could be viewed as an audition for the Arkansas job.
If so, then he won't be our new DC.

razoredge178

Quote from: rude1 on December 29, 2017, 06:47:11 pm
Saban runs Bama's defense, anyone hired there is coming to learn not teach. Tn. hired Bama's DC, I am sure after working under Saban he already knows how he wants to play defense. Neither place would be looking for a DC already with his own plan.

The plan he's been running at A&M? No thanks.

rtr

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 05:18:32 pm
Barry Alvarez ring a bell? Anyone who thought Bielema had proven anything prior to coming here was just hoping for the best. Wisconsin hasn't missed a beat without him.
Barry Alvarez is no figurehead AD. He is all powerful at Wisky.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: kaiserhog on December 29, 2017, 04:48:35 pm
A lot of people said the same thing about Bret Bielema, a lot of the same people saying this about Chavis.
NOBODY outside of morons said that about fatbert lmfao. puhleeze. Many of us said he'd fail.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

mckinneyhog5

We spent 17 million to fire BB and JL to bring in CMM and Chavis as DC? When do the BOT start getting fired for their decisions? That's right, they'll just blame it on the new AD.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 29, 2017, 04:46:27 pm
He'll be the most qualified and accredited assistant coach we have ever hired. Even with his A&M stint on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.. even with his A&M stent on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.

That's the longest stutter I've ever witnessed ... +1

synthartist69

Hire Chavis and Morris just blew smoke up everyone's butts and it will be OVER!!!

urkillnmesmalls

Don't know if Chavis is even coming, but it appears that way now.  Not thrilled.  I think he had some pretty solid success early on at LSU, but with the talent they had, I think Bielema could have done well.  Now he's over 60, and I wonder if he's going to have the gumption to get in the recruiting battles, and relate well to the players. 

I just hope there's not a huge buyout or something silly, because if it goes sideways, replacing a DC isn't anything like changes at HC.  I would rather have seen Morris hire someone a little younger and hungry, and closer to his personality. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 30, 2017, 01:20:29 am
Don't know if Chavis is even coming, but it appears that way now.  Not thrilled.  I think he had some pretty solid success early on at LSU, but with the talent they had, I think Bielema could have done well.  Now he's over 60, and I wonder if he's going to have the gumption to get in the recruiting battles, and relate well to the players. 

I just hope there's not a huge buyout or something silly, because if it goes sideways, replacing a DC isn't anything like changes at HC.  I would rather have seen Morris hire someone a little younger and hungry, and closer to his personality. 
Manny Diaz?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 30, 2017, 01:21:43 am
Manny Diaz?

I'm not going to profess to have a target, and I haven't researched it for a solitary second.  Just hoping it wasn't Chavis.  I'm still going to support the hire, but it's just my opinion that his best days are behind him.  People are pointing to the bowl game, but I haven't seen anything special from the Aggie D in the past two seasons.  I understand that it's tough to field a great defense when you have an uptempo offense, and that means scoring a lot of points to overcome it....but that's the same style and situation he'll be coaching under with Morris...only with less talent. 

I guess we'll see...and the more strong position coaches Morris adds to the staff, the better I will feel about it.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jcbville

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 04:36:01 pm
Bro seriously, can you start capitalizing words after you use a period

This is actually far more important than the asinine and already beat to death subject of this thread. It makes whatever point you're trying to make easier to read. Not saying anyone needs to read it mind you. But easier to read none the less.

HogBreath

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 30, 2017, 12:18:08 am
We spent 17 million to fire BB and JL to bring in CMM and Chavis as DC? When do the BOT start getting fired for their decisions? That's right, they'll just blame it on the new AD.
Sheeze..if you're still crying about a hundred bucks five years down the road, no telling how long you'll whine over your beloved Bert and Jeffypop getting themselves run off with millions in their pockets.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

justmaybe

Lou Holtz said 'I'll put my best football players on defense. I can teach guys to play offense. But I need instincts on defense.' But it's different now. Guys are particular positions at an early age. And they want to play offense. When some of the great skill guys can be moved to defense then maybe things will start to swing back. But I'm not sure that will happen. Folks want offense. And the schemes are an equalizer.

pigmania

I wonder if Chad Morris is having second thoughts of hiring Chavis after seeing A&M give up 55 points to WF?

Porknoxville

The worst OL Coach hire (Anderson) coupled with a major change in defense was a HUGE reason, in my opinion, for us sucking.
If the rumors are true with regard to defensive hires, I will feel great about CCM's start!

A&M players were not in a good frame of mind and I certainly give Chavis a great big PASS on this one! If the offense is potent and the defense improves to even 60th we will have a nice start to the Chad Morris era.

Go hogs!

kp72204

Well, who were last two coaches Chavis worked under? If we(Arkansas), can say dumpster fire and grass eater, then chances are there not very good. Survey is still out on Morris.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I got the comment below from this threadhttp://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=654718.msg11295533#quickreply... Just wondered if anyone thought about the Wake Forrest game in this light..?

Quote from: wlbrown9 on December 30, 2017, 08:38:45 am
From what I've seen, Chavis is waiting to be fired so A&M owes him. If he quits, he owes them. I have not seen any announcement of that being official yet. I did look on their 12thman.com site and only Jimbo is listed as a coach. It might take a day or two to make things official on the coaches leaving after the bowl game. I would guess sometime next week things will be coming together.  (Really I have not idea, just guessing  :) )

This was my reply: Could THIS be why Wake Forrest hung 55 on aTm..? If so, is that understandable, or pusillanimously uncalled for wanton jack-wagonism.!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

010HogFan

Quote from: rtr on December 29, 2017, 11:34:39 pm
Barry Alvarez is no figurehead AD. He is all powerful at Wisky.

Yeah that's what I meant. Got my vocabulary words mixed up. But that's the point I was trying to make.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

texas tush hog

Did it ever occur to anybody that Chavis was trying to get fired this past Friday. A million dollar ploy if so. LOL.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 02, 2018, 03:28:20 pm
I was freezing in my deer stand

I hope you know that was said in jest. Bless your heart, I hope you stocked the freezer ... you earned it.

The real Hogules

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 02, 2018, 03:44:43 pm
Did it ever occur to anybody that Chavis was trying to get fired this past Friday. A million dollar ploy if so. LOL.

Who would want a coach that would throw a game for ANY reason? I seriously doubt that was the case, though.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

menace_hawg3

Is it me or does FCJ kinda sound like Mr. Brown from the Tyler Perry movies?

hobhog

I wanted Oklahoma's or Georgia's DC last night until I watched that game. Now I want to fire both of them.

elksnort

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on January 02, 2018, 05:16:00 pm
Is it me or does FCJ kinda sound like Mr. Brown from the Tyler Perry movies?
Or the conductor from the movie Silver streak

moto625