Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

‘Worst fans ever’: Injured LSU TE rants on Twitter for fans leaving in the 3rd

Started by ravmsem, November 15, 2015, 08:01:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ravmsem

I must say that I was surprised at how empty the stadium got with ample time for an LSU comeback.  If nothing else, don't you stay and watch the best running back you will ever have?  Can you imagine Arkansas fans doing this with a 7-2 record?  I agree with the player this time.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13987069-128/worst-fans-ever-injured-lsu

Razor6

Dear recruits.  If you're choosing between LSU and Arkansas.  Come to Arkansas.  It sure is nicer here :)

And Bielema is one hell of a coach!!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rickm1976

I think we noticed some of them leaving late in the 3rd, and noted how they went pouring out in the 4th.  Pretty sorry excuse for fans, and I felt for the LSU players and coaches (all except Les).

code red

Fans buy there tickets and if the product stinks they are going to leave.  I think if we are completely honest and we were getting whipped 31-14 at RRS....the same thing would occur.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeuceHawg

HoggusMaximus

Razor6

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: code red on November 15, 2015, 08:09:16 am
Fans buy there tickets and if the product stinks they are going to leave.  I think if we are completely honest and we were getting whipped 31-14 at RRS....the same thing would occur.

Bull Crap.  LSU fans were  leaving midway through the 3rd qtr, and they were only down 10.  When we went  up 17, the place started emptying out.  Might have a few fans leave but you damn sure wouldn't see RRS empty out like that with that much time left on the clock. 

micali

I know in the 50-0 beating we took from Bama at home My Dad and I were there till the end.  That was a wet day.

PORKULATOR

At the start of the 4th quarter, the announcer said a lot of their fans had either left or disguised themselves as empty seats. Lol... I was crying
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

westside_player

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on November 15, 2015, 08:22:55 am
Bull Crap.  LSU fans were  leaving midway through the 3rd qtr, and they were only down 10.  When we went  up 17, the place started emptying out.  Might have a few fans leave but you damn sure wouldn't see RRS empty out like that with that much time left on the clock.

I thought Nessler or someone mentioned a few of them started leaving when the score was 21-0.  I could be wrong.

Dan42AR

Quote from: code red on November 15, 2015, 08:09:16 am

In 2011 I was at the ATM game and we was down 35-17 at the half. I saw nothing in the 1st half that made me think that we had any chance for a comeback. But I stayed and saw the greatest comeback I will probably ever witness. I actually thought about leaving at halftime to get a good jump on the drive back but I just could not make myself get up and leave. My point is stay till the end because you just never know when the turn around might happen and who knows maybe being one of the ones that stayed and cheered the Hogs on helped inspire the players to play harder and turn it around.

WizardofhOgZ

Hogsolo

Calling All Hogs

He is right. How spoiled do you have to be to bolt when the game is still very much in question just because things are not going the way you want? LSU players working their butts off and have to look up and see that.

nwahogfan1

I was surprised they left so early because crazy things happen in football to change the momentum and the home team could have feed off that.

But I was happy to see it. 

Razor6

Why did he wait till after signing with LSU to figure that out ;)

WPs

Duke of Swine

I can understand their frustration, but it certainly looked bad on TV.  The game was still in question when some started to leave. 

GB-Razorback

It was nice seeing Death Valley empty halfway through the fourth period. 

Clearly hearing the Hog Call on the TV in Death Valley ... priceless.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Hey Super

Sooo, if their TE and fB were playing it would have been a "whole different ball game" he says.........riiiight.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: Royal Fortune on November 15, 2015, 12:34:55 pm
Sooo, if their TE and fB were playing it would have been a "whole different ball game" he says.........riiiight.

That's entirely possible, but unlikely. The truth of the matter is their QB wasn't good enough to beat our very average pass defense. Especially on third down we just pinned our ears back and went after him daring him to beat us, and he couldn't do it.

If Dak were at LSU, they would be unstoppable , hell if Brandon were at LSU they would be very good. Their QB is just terrible.

rzrbk4life

Hope all future LSU recruits see this. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

pigture perfect

I've seen our fans leave early as well. I think as fans we need to stay and cheer for the 2nd teamers as well. They work just as hard as the starters.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 15, 2015, 12:52:17 pm
I've seen our fans leave early as well. I think as fans we need to stay and cheer for the 2nd teamers as well. They work just as hard as the starters.

I never leave early when I go, I've sat through some HORRIBLE games, but for one thing I paid the same amount to attend the game whether a win or a loss, for another it's not like you're going to beat any traffic when thousands of other fans are leaving early as well, and for another, I've seen too many crazy things happen in college football to leave a game early just b/c my team was losing. Heck , I've set through losses that we had not chance to come back , but still got to see some pretty amazing plays that made it worth staying for.

Professor Psychosis

It's like their fans don't even watch college football.  Yeah, 17 points with 2 minutes or less, sure, leave, but some were leaving when it was still 24-14 and we got the ball back.  10 points is nothing in college football these days.

latrops

I wouldn't say that the game was very much on question when the fans started leaving en masse.  Technically they were only two or three scores behind.... But fans know the QB and system.  LSU isn't built to come from behind throwing the ball and the Hog defense had already proven up to the challenge of containing Fournette.

Smokehouse

At least one fan was trying to leave with 11 minutes still to go in the first half:

[tweet]665698244182183936[/tweet]
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

LZH

This may be a shot in the nerts to Les Miles as anything else. Maybe they are spoiled to the point that a change is needed.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 15, 2015, 02:08:50 pm
At least one fan was trying to leave with 11 minutes still to go in the first half:

[tweet]665698244182183936[/tweet]

Probably told him something wouldn't happen when he got home if he didn't stay and then take her out for dinner.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

AloRaptor

I agree with him about the fans, but he probably should have keep it to himself. :razorback:

hobhog

Tell him not to read Tigerdroppings forum. That place is pathetic. Spoiled rotten fans that truly seem to have quit on this team and Miles.

rzrbk4life

Well, not much to argue about there. Hope all the LSU recruits this past weekend saw how their 'fans' were leaving the stadium early before the game was out of hand. Who would want to play in front of that?
Let's call those hogs!!!!

HogShat

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2015, 10:35:36 am
Tell him not to read Tigerdroppings forum. That place is pathetic. Spoiled rotten fans that truly seem to have quit on this team and Miles.

When the ONLY outcome fans have every year is playoff or bust, what do you expect? It is like all those who were stuck on 10-2 or 9-3 for the hogs, some of them are still crying even after the team has 4 sec wins with 2 games still to play.

Reality for LSU fans is they no longer have a defense capable of covering up for their offensive shortcomings, and do not have the WR's to make their below average QB look decent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog_Swanson

November 17, 2015, 11:14:06 am #38 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:56:49 pm by Hog_Swanson
Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2015, 10:35:36 am
This seems familiar.  I can't seem to place my finger on it.  Fans who quit on the coach and the team when they are loosing.  Huh, well, I'm glad we don't have that problem. :razorback:
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BearsBisonsBoars

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2015, 10:57:19 am

Reality for LSU fans is they no longer have a defense capable of covering up for their offensive shortcomings, and do not have the WR's to make their below average QB look decent.
This is exactly right.....

Goes to show how dumb Miles really is. Even a layman could see that Chavis was the only reason the team has been even remotely successful the last several years. Miles will be fired or will resign after next year. I figured it would happen after this year but they were very lucky not playing Mcneese state early and getting USCe at home instead of on the road. Their schedule was back loaded. They beat a mediocre Gator team coming off of losing their starting QB.

With all that talent on both sides of the ball I would be upset also. How the hell do they not have even a average QB or offensive game plan? Cam Cameron is terrible.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Danny J on November 17, 2015, 11:29:14 am
This is exactly right.....

Goes to show how dumb Miles really is. Even a layman could see that Chavis was the only reason the team has been even remotely successful the last several years. Miles will be fired or will resign after next year. I figured it would happen after this year but they were very lucky not playing Mcneese state early and getting USCe at home instead of on the road. Their schedule was back loaded. They beat a mediocre Gator team coming off of losing their starting QB.

With all that talent on both sides of the ball I would be upset also. How the hell do they not have even a average QB or offensive game plan? Cam Cameron is terrible.

Astute observations all.

DeltaBoy

I want Les to stay for a LONG LONG TIME!! Their fans are rotten to the core and you see it in their behavior:  They cuss , abuse and throw bottles and cups of beer at opponents fans even when the Tigers are winning and they bail out early when they are getting BEAT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

WizardofhOgZ

Get ready to be moved to the SEC forum.  I posted this link Sunday and that's where it ended up.

I wasn't the first one, either.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=603459.msg10004998#msg10004998

AugustaHog

While spot on with his observations of the fanbase, he is dead wrong about the effect their TE and FB would have had on the game.  That didn't cause our 3 long TD's or Harris throwing the ball backwards as Greenlaw hit him to set up the other easy score.  You got whipped soundly on your homefield. Own it, it's yours whether you like it or not big boy.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jkstock04

I would have to agree with him. They are the worst fan base in the country.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

pigture perfect

I like to laugh at the LSWho folks when things like this happen, but the player saying this isn't really fair. I saw some genuine emotions on some of those fans faces. Losing is agonizing when you know your team is capable of playing better.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 17, 2015, 12:55:52 pm
I like to laugh at the LSWho folks when things like this happen, but the player saying this isn't really fair. I saw some genuine emotions on some of those fans faces. Losing is agonizing when you know your team is capable of playing better.

They are lead by a coach who does LESS with More.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, he is right about the fans bailing out early, but don't blame the fans for lack of play on the field.

Seems like the players should be more concerned about how they are performing on the football field, than what the fans are doing.......that would solve this whole issue. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.