Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] Son/Daughter of all things Ashley Judd merged

Started by Killean, March 15, 2015, 02:24:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2015, 10:02:20 am
She gets free rein to say whatever she wants about anybody she wants. People who want to go after her should recognize that. But most of the people who tweeted at her during/after the game were probably drunk anyway, especially if they were Kentucky fans, who are generally drunk all the time.

Well she didn't mention Arkansas fans specifically but mentioned her post about us, and then how she was blasted with all sorts of disparaging remarks about her.  She said she spending today filing police reports.  Admitted that they won't get prosecuted but she's still doing it.

HappyFan

Who is Ashley Judd?   ???   :razorback:

WPS501

Ashley Judd is the most underwhelming and uninteresting "superfan" of all time.  Who freaking cares.

Hugehogsfan

And she is starting to see that she is irrelevant and now after making these "BOLD" statements she's back on the Today show.  Whatever!

latrops

Quote from: bigred223 on March 17, 2015, 09:59:01 am
Wow, I don't use twitter, but this lady needs to get a grip. Honestly no one cares about her anymore.

Unfortunately, butt-hurt Hog fans with Twitter accounts apparently do care about her opinions on basketball.  Otherwise this wouldn't be a thing.

Craig O Squeal

bigred223

Quote from: latrops on March 17, 2015, 11:08:50 am
Unfortunately, butt-hurt Hog fans with Twitter accounts apparently do care about her opinions on basketball.  Otherwise this wouldn't be a thing.

I don't doubt it. Here's the thing though. Look at the comments on any post on any social media about virtually any topic. They are littered with negativity from just about all different kinds of people depending on the issue. The point is that when you post on the internet, and take a stand on an issue, you are going to get blasted by low lifes with a facebook account.

jesterzzn

Quote from: bigred223 on March 17, 2015, 12:19:41 pm
I don't doubt it. Here's the thing though. Look at the comments on any post on any social media about virtually any topic. They are littered with negativity from just about all different kinds of people depending on the issue. The point is that when you post on the internet, and take a stand on an issue, you are going to get blasted by low lifes with a facebook account.

God Bless Ms. Judd for the courageous stand she took on-- Wait, what's that?  Uh huh.  Okay.  I see, I see.  She said that?  Noooo...really?  What does 'gender abuse' mean exactly? ... Uh huh.  Uh huh.  Okay, got it.

Okay, guys I'm back.  Seems like a classic case of unwarranted self importance aka Chick be Crazy.

Jborohog09

I don't see how she can press charges on people who called her names.  The threats maybe.  It's terrible what people said, but if she wasn't a celebrity no one would care.

3of5-2

Isn't she a big Obama supporter? Surely she can get Eric Holder to spend our tax dollars finding out who these criminals are.

lumphog

GatorHog

Hog1751

I dont understand what she thought was gonna happen when she tweeted that inflamatory derogatory and completely untrue nonsense. Should people have attacked her, no but in my opinion she brought all this on herself.

gmarv

latrops

Yeah, this was a hot topic here yesterday morning.

Hoggish1

Ashley is easy on the eyes but she needs to open her eyes to how the officials have allowed KY to absolutely brutalize their opposition, all season.

When someone plays against them the way they've played all year against everybody else, they cry.  I sure hope the field is leveled in the dance and teams are allowed to play with intensity against them.

KY doesn't need any help...  Oh, and how, again, does one school get so much talent..., then get the help they get from the officials? 

revolution

hawgfan4life

Her quirkiness and ignorant tweet does not justify what she received.  She should know that if she tweets garbage she will reap garbage but it still does not justify threats by other people.  This is an embarrassment to the true fans. 

revolution

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 18, 2015, 09:10:04 am
Her quirkiness and ignorant tweet does not justify what she received.  She should know that if she tweets garbage she will reap garbage but it still does not justify threats by other people.  This is an embarrassment to the true fans. 

I have only seen vague references to threatening tweets.  But if there were actual threats, of course that's wrong and there's no justification for that type of behavior, even if she did provoke the ire of Hog fans.  I simply attached the link to the other article that I stumbled upon when trying to find the actual threatening tweets, and I thought it was relevant to the discussion.  I think Ashley loves her some drama!

popcornhog

WPS

Steef

I have very little respect for Ms. Judd.

However, some of the things that were sent to her...were WAY out of line.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: steefhog on March 18, 2015, 09:33:59 am
I have very little respect for Ms. Judd.

However, some of the things that were sent to her...were WAY out of line.

There's no doubt about that.  But in the grand scheme of things, if you refer to our players, fans, or program as "thugs" then you can expect to get some over the top responses.  Throw a blanket over our fans and players as "thugs," and you'll get messages from the lowest common denominator, because that's what you resorted to.  That's just how that is going to go, every time. 

She's more relevant now than she has been in 10 years.  All as a result of the fringe fans' twitter messages, who are probably giggly 14 year old's that aren't even from Arkansas to begin with.  That's what would be funny.  A big push for prosecution, and having a mug shot of a 13 year old kid with horn rimmed glasses and a Mario T-shirt on.  A real "thug."   ;D       

I wish Dicky V would have slipped her the tongue.   :puke:     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ricepig

Well, we made Squawk Alley on CNBC as well, today, or her going after the people involved.

birmingHAMette

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 15, 2015, 03:17:50 pm
Ashley is still a smokeshow.  I would love to see the women some of you are dating or married to if u cant find her attractive.

I also cant stop laughing that someone started a message board thread trying to start a twitter fight with Ashley Judd.

I love the internet

Any number of women can be attractive when they have professional hairdressers, makeup artist,private trainers,stylist, and such to do them up every time they go out.
She is looking for attention because thats her job and she found it via her basketball team. I don't know why anybody would even respond to her on twitter. 
Go Hogs

Danny J

Does anybody remember seeing the actual "threatening" tweets? I believe they were all removed but just curious what she considers threatening.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Danny J on March 18, 2015, 11:15:44 am
Does anybody remember seeing the actual "threatening" tweets? I believe they were all removed but just curious what she considers threatening.

She is a very liberal democrat and I hate her politics. But people threatening to rape and kill her should pay a price. Arguing over whose team is better, complaining about a style of play or a coaches ethics are all fair game.... BUT NO PLACE FOR THREATENING SOMEONE, NO MATTER WHO IT IS. If you called someone's house and left a threatening voice mail, you could be in big trouble, to put in in print on the internet is not very smart.

I bet the people that made the threats and deleted them are in the bathroom alot today wondering if they get named publicly or prosecuted. Might not be good at their current employer. Those guys that threatened Curt Schilling's daughter a few weeks ago were fired quickly from their jobs.
SEC!

Großer Kriegschwein

Doesn't help that she's paranoid and was mistreated as a child. She is uber liberal, relatively popular in KY, taking head-on some loudmouth rednex from the team that beat them twice last year, has attended Harvard School of Government and has political aspirations.

Bet she runs for congress during the next election and is just trying to "identify" with all the UK fans in her state that will hopefully get her popular support to go with the name recognition. (But she'll have to set up residence in KY because she actually lives in TN).
This is my non-signature signature.

Oklahawg

Judd is just like her KY team - soft down low, where they don't like being slapped around.

I'll refrain from the next thought :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

What exactly was said?  I'd like to see the tweets.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Danny J on March 18, 2015, 11:15:44 am

I saw one (Google search) that mentioned a DP. I'm not sure, but I don't think it was talking about baseball. She retweeted that one and I guess later erased it. I don't do Twitter, but I would think its like Texts, ever if they are deleted, there are programs where you can go in and retrieve them.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

texhog

I used to love me some Ashley Judd but then she started opening her mouth with her politics and now this.  Now....not so much.

Danny J

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 18, 2015, 11:38:30 am
She is a very liberal democrat and I hate her politics. But people threatening to rape and kill her should pay a price. Arguing over whose team is better, complaining about a style of play or a coaches ethics are all fair game.... BUT NO PLACE FOR THREATENING SOMEONE, NO MATTER WHO IT IS. If you called someone's house and left a threatening voice mail, you could be in big trouble, to put in in print on the internet is not very smart.

I bet the people that made the threats and deleted them are in the bathroom alot today wondering if they get named publicly or prosecuted. Might not be good at their current employer. Those guys that threatened Curt Schilling's daughter a few weeks ago were fired quickly from their jobs.
I agree but just wondered if anybody knows what specific threats were made.

hoglady

Wynona is the talent in that family.
Momma and Ashley just managed to swing careers off Wynona's coattails.

Don't have a problem with Ashley raising hell about some tweets.
She just needs to be honest about what she did that set this ball in motion. I understand she has removed her more controversial tweets and is acting like they didn't even exist.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 17, 2015, 05:46:48 pm
I dont understand what she thought was gonna happen when she tweeted that inflamatory derogatory and completely untrue nonsense. Should people have attacked her, no but in my opinion she brought all this on herself.
She was asking for it?

Some of the stuff was way over the line. Similar to the curt schilling deal recently.

seasonhog

Quote from: birmingHAMette on March 18, 2015, 11:07:01 am
Any number of women can be attractive when they have professional hairdressers, makeup artist,private trainers,stylist, and such to do them up every time they go out.

Does not help Hillary Clinton

SpanHog

Some of the trolls are likely Hog fans but I'm willing to bet however most of her trolls are just UK-haters from everywhere else: sick of Judd, sick of the hypocrisy that we're called thugs but UK players get away with murder in a tournament, sick of the bama-like arrogance of UK fans, and just SICK OF KENTUCKY, period!  We have to "play dirty" because UK players are dirty and they don't get called.  Judd was just pissed we didn't forfeit to begin with, bow down and kiss Cal's cheating ass.

No one wins a twitter war.
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: seasonhog on March 18, 2015, 01:37:44 pm
Does not help Hillary Clinton

Hillary's butt is way way bigger in person than it is on TV. Hopefully they don't consider that "gender violence".

Truth hurts.

seasonhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 18, 2015, 01:46:10 pm
Hillary's butt is way way bigger in person than it is on TV. Hopefully they don't consider that "gender violence".

Truth hurts.

Good one..............GroBer,

nationwish

Großer Kriegschwein

Thanks SH.

I, for the record, didn't send her anything. She is really trying to stir up the pot and gain some popularity for either her film or a political career and possibly both.

Stay off the tweeter during games, vent to family around or just go outside and calm down like we used to do back in the day. Once you put something out there on the innerwebs, you can't really ever call it back.

Stay classy my friends.

seasonhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 18, 2015, 02:04:56 pm
Thanks SH.

I, for the record, didn't send her anything. She is really trying to stir up the pot and gain some popularity for either her film or a political career and possibly both.

Stay off the tweeter during games, vent to family around or just go outside and calm down like we used to do back in the day. Once you put something out there on the innerwebs, you can't really ever call it back.

Stay classy my friends.

Thank you, for been one of the good guys, on HV............

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Großer Kriegschwein

jkstock04

I would still like to see the so called threatening texts. Not saying it didn't happen...I could easily see some skinny jean/flat billed hat wearing, 23 year old punk Hog fan who is addicted to Twitter and Facebook pull this. But, the fact that no one has reproduced the supposed threatening text leads me to believe this is way exxagerated if not complete BS.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: seasonhog on March 18, 2015, 02:27:48 pm

Thank you, for been one of the good guys, on HV............

You sir are one of the few I could sit next to at a FB game without wanting to go listen to it on the radio in the car. On hogville, that is tip-top.

seasonhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 18, 2015, 02:41:40 pm
You sir are one of the few I could sit next to at a FB game without wanting to go listen to it on the radio in the car. On hogville, that is tip-top.

How are the twins doing ?

Jimmy

So if this is the worst thing that has ever happened to Ms. Judd as a result of her own obnoxious actions, she should consider herself lucky. 

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: hoglady on March 18, 2015, 12:09:53 pm
Wynona is the talent in that family.
Momma and Ashley just managed to swing careers off Wynona's coattails.

Don't have a problem with Ashley raising hell about some tweets.
She just needs to be honest about what she did that set this ball in motion. I understand she has removed her more controversial tweets and is acting like they didn't even exist.
Agree 100%. Some comments apparently were beyond vulgar....

My issue is why do adults old enough to be the parents of the student athletes think it is OK to trash student athletes via social media? Go to your team's message board and have at it but posting on twitter by a celebrity for the world to see is stupid. 

Boardon Hamsay

I believe we can now confirm Ashley Judd is Robert Shields.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation