Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] ESPN releases SEC Graphics

Started by k.c.hawg, August 06, 2014, 02:32:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

What do you think about the Razorbacks? I personally like it very much.....love that it has a representation of my greatest Razorback night in the the last 45 years.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/photos/galleries/2014/08/06/sec-network-school-graphic-elements/#photo-2
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Inhogswetrust

They would also be good on the cartoon channel........................Who comes up with this stuff?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Augustus

Quick photoshop job, but I think it is more accurate for Florida  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

razorbackkid

Quote from: Augustus on August 06, 2014, 03:21:23 pm

Nice....and accurate!  Well done.  +1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jvanhorn

How come Missouri got to use their Tiger logo, but LSU didn't?  If I was a LSU fan I would not be happy.  Like the Razorback logo though.

Ex-Trumpet

Verizon Fios prevents me from watching any of this...

Gonna have to cut them off I guess.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jvanhorn on August 06, 2014, 04:46:33 pm
How come Missouri got to use their Tiger logo, but LSU didn't?  If I was a LSU fan I would not be happy.  Like the Razorback logo though.

Because the only pictures to go by of an LSU tiger they had was a mugshot.................................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 06, 2014, 04:48:29 pm
Verizon Fios prevents me from watching any of this...

Gonna have to cut them off I guess.

That would hurt! I wouldn't go that far..............................

bennyl08

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-network-animation-schools/

Some of the better ones: Arkansas, Bama, ole miss, SC, Tenn

Some of the worst ones: Auburn, Gators, Kent, LSU, MSU, Mizz,
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

BorderPatrol

Hogpkins

Is that John McDonnell or Frank Broyles in the framed picture? It's on a football field but looks a lot like McDonnell.

JansterZ71

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 06, 2014, 07:29:56 pm

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

ICEman

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 06, 2014, 07:29:56 pm

We are the only school in the SEC that uses a full unadorned Mascot.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Ray Piggers

I love that John McDonnell is a part of ours
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

ArkTiger

Quote from: jvanhorn on August 06, 2014, 04:46:33 pm

LSU did use the tiger logo. It's up above & to the right of our "geaux font" LSU.

Keyser Sooieze

I like that Never Yield sign.  Never have seen that anywhere before, but it's pretty smart.  We should see those around campus. 

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Nathan "Rumplepigskin" Mattox on August 06, 2014, 10:30:54 pm
I like that Never Yield sign.  Never have seen that anywhere before, but it's pretty smart.  We should see those around campus. 

This. Love that.

Just don't use them for traffic purposes haha.

Rockpig5

Ms State is not Ms State without the water tower!!

redeye

Seems like our screen would be larger, considering it's still the longest in the nation, but you'd think that belonged to Tennessee.  Would have also liked some recognition for our historic track program, although I know track means nothing in the SEC, unless it's someone other then Arkansas.

Big Papa Satan

Need one for Auburn with Penn Wagers.

Something over there

I BLEED RBack RED

August 07, 2014, 01:03:26 am #25 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:17:16 am by I BLEED RBack RED
Quote from: redeye on August 07, 2014, 12:09:38 am
Seems like our screen would be larger, considering it's still the longest in the nation, but you'd think that belonged to Tennessee.  Would have also liked some recognition for our historic track program, although I know track means nothing in the SEC, unless it's someone other then Arkansas.
There is a hurdle in the right center. What's cool about the screen is it shows one of the 94 national championship si covers. I thought they represented us well.
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

Rump Roast

Very cool, I like Old Main in the background.

hogville38

Quote from: redeye on August 07, 2014, 12:09:38 am
Isn't that a pic of Mcdonald in the background?

31to6

Need to add in a fist full of cash :)

RazorPiggie

lahawg1

I like it because there are 4 sports represented on it. From briefly scanning them all we are the only one with 4

I BLEED RBack RED

The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

GBHawg

What is that standing on the tree limb in the bottom right-hand corner?  Maybe nothing but it looks like something is obstructing that area of the tree.  Gymnastics balance beem?  :P

younghog

can someone download the hi-res version and post here.. its asking for espn login info
GO HOGS

bigbadhog

August 07, 2014, 09:16:05 am #35 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:29:48 am by bigbadhog
Looks great - definitely the best of all of them...  Gators is next best.  The ones with just the school names look bad
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Augustus

Quote from: younghog on August 07, 2014, 09:10:02 am
can someone download the hi-res version and post here.. its asking for espn login info

Yeah, I tried registering to get the hi-res version, but it asked for affiliation, then  said once I was approved I would get a login to be able to download.

We may need someone affiliated with media to get this... perhaps Mike I or Doug

Pathogen

EastMemphisHog

Ray Piggers

Say it with me...

MCDONNELL

goodness...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: cshivley1 on August 07, 2014, 03:13:55 pm
Why does Kentucky have a trumpet?

Well, they should all have trumpets!!  :)

But, I'm guessing Kentucky Derby?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

intelligence

I think south Carolinas is the worst. I like the Florida ark and bama ones. I'm gonna catch flack for this but it looks like the artists were going through the motions for Missouri's. It looks pedestrian

wholehog92

I like that mizzou just admits they are everyone's homecoming game.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Dwight_K_Shrute

ESPN is missing an opportunity.  Should let fans order posters. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.