Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zeke Pike arrested for PI on Saturday night.

Started by 870hogfan, June 24, 2012, 07:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on June 29, 2012, 02:53:14 pm
Prediction:    After 4 more incidents with the law, Zeke Pike will be at A-State before the start of the 2014 season.

You heard it hear first folks...
Apparently that's one of Gus' primarily plans to fill up the roster.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Joel: Pike remains apart from Auburn team

QuoteFreshman quarterback Zeke Pike remains in Edgewood, Ky., after being sent home by Auburn coach Gene Chizik following an arrest for public intoxication earlier this summer.

Once considered a participant in a three-way race for the starting quarterback job this fall, Pike now faces an uphill climb to make it back to campus by the time two-a-days start in roughly two weeks.

"In Zeke's case, we have a certain standard and certain expectations of our guys. If they're not living up to that, they're not going to be here," Chizik said. "If he comes back here, it will be because he's done what we asked him to. He's got a lot to do."

Pike's case is still being evaluated.

Sophomore cornerback Jonathan Rose has also left the team this summer, but Chizik said Rose's situation is different from Pike's. "Jonathan Rose has some personal issues he's dealing with," Chizik said. "If anything changes, I'll let you know."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: jbcarol on July 19, 2012, 10:06:46 am
Imagine that: an AWbarn player with "personal issues". That's totally unprecedented in the history of that program!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pudgepork

Quote from: jbcarol on July 19, 2012, 10:06:46 am

Pikes problem really got to Gene.   It hit him particularly hard because Gene was expecting so much from him.   Pike has to bring a hand written forgiveness note
from God before he can practice with the team.   Updates as they unfold

uams1989

Haven't read all the articles so sorry if included but Pike also got some bad publicity for purposefully throwing at a ref during a 7 on 7 because he was mad about some call he didn't like.

I'll be surprised if he ever sees the field, even at Auburn.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

jbcarol

Would Pike consider Penn State if he is released from Auburn?

Pike's father was a roommate of Penn State DC Ted Roof with the Bills.

T I G E R

Quote from: jbcarol on July 24, 2012, 09:13:17 am
Would Pike consider Penn State if he is released from Auburn?

Pike's father was a roommate of Penn State DC Ted Roof with the Bills.

Pike for Hackenberg would be a good trade

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: uams1989 on July 21, 2012, 09:14:18 am
Haven't read all the articles so sorry if included but Pike also got some bad publicity for purposefully throwing at a ref during a 7 on 7 because he was mad about some call he didn't like.

I'll be surprised if he ever sees the field, even at Auburn.
Sounds as if ole Zeke's arm is warmed up and ready to go. He also has the exact leadership abilities AU is always seeking.

T I G E R

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on July 26, 2012, 01:41:00 pm
Sounds as if ole Zeke's arm is warmed up and ready to go. He also has the exact leadership abilities AU is always seeking.

Must be why he was sent home. Do you write your own material?

Aston Martin 8 dude

jbcarol

Auburn Undercover, a 247 site, is reporting that former Kentucky prep star Zeke Pike will not be with Auburn this season, but could return to the Tigers after the 2012 season.

QuoteThe former Dixie Heights High School star graduated from high school early, enrolled at Auburn and participated in the team's spring drills.

In June, however, the freshman quarterback was arrested on a public intoxication charge and was sent home.

T I G E R

When you sign very highly ranked classes, full of recruits that are coveted around the nation, you take a risk of getting some kids like Mike Dyer, Zeke Pike, etc. Kids that have so many schools after them that they sometimes get too full of themselves. I wouldn't expect Arkansas fans to understand this.

If this were to affect other coveted recruits from wanting to fill the void, that would be one thing. But so far the staff at AU has shown the ability to just plug in another star. Chiz may not have the most toothy smile, but he'll send you packing if you get out of line. I wouldn't expect Arkansas fans to understand that either.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: T I G E R on July 24, 2012, 11:53:09 am
Pike for Hackenberg would be a good trade

Speaking of, I can't for the life of me believe that Hackenberg will stick to his commitment with Penn State.  My guess is he went up there and got swept up in the "let's make history and see this through!" camaraderie among the recruits during his visit and made a rash decision to stick it out.  I'd bet anything that once the season gets going and teams are competing for conference championships and bowl games he'll realize PSU is a sinking ship and he'd be better off going elsewhere.  Plus, PSU's going to be *extremely* thin and inexperienced on the line (and at all positions) in the next few years and he's going to get his head caved in.

T I G E R

Quote from: Hawg Balling on August 01, 2012, 01:28:04 pm
Speaking of, I can't for the life of me believe that Hackenberg will stick to his commitment with Penn State.  My guess is he went up there and got swept up in the "let's make history and see this through!" camaraderie among the recruits during his visit and made a rash decision to stick it out.  I'd bet anything that once the season gets going and teams are competing for conference championships and bowl games he'll realize PSU is a sinking ship and he'd be better off going elsewhere.  Plus, PSU's going to be *extremely* thin and inexperienced on the line (and at all positions) in the next few years and he's going to get his head caved in.

You're probably right. I was just kidding about him anyway. I think AU is pretty much full for this class. But yeah, I think he'll end up somewhere else when Feb rolls around.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: T I G E R on August 01, 2012, 01:18:25 pm
But so far the staff at AU has shown the ability to just plug in another star.

I like how that plug in star system caused Auburn to lose 5 games last year by an average of almost 28 points a game. I really enjoyed all the star plugging Auburn did at quarterback last year.

T I G E R

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 01, 2012, 02:24:45 pm
I like how that plug in star system caused Auburn to lose 5 games last year by an average of almost 28 points a game. I really enjoyed all the star plugging Auburn did at quarterback last year.

I see which group you fall into now.

870hogfan

T I G E R

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 01, 2012, 03:45:34 pm
Do you think Zeke will be back?

Heck no he won't be back. Do you think he should?

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: T I G E R on August 01, 2012, 01:18:25 pm
When you sign very highly ranked classes, full of recruits that are coveted around the nation, you take a risk of getting some kids like Mike Dyer, Zeke Pike, etc. Kids that have so many schools after them that they sometimes get too full of themselves. I wouldn't expect Arkansas fans to understand this.

If this were to affect other coveted recruits from wanting to fill the void, that would be one thing. But so far the staff at AU has shown the ability to just plug in another star. Chiz may not have the most toothy smile, but he'll send you packing if you get out of line. I wouldn't expect Arkansas fans to understand that either.
I'll say one thing for AWbarn's classes: with the # of dropouts, suspensions and players kicked off the team it makes for an entertaining "who'll be next" guessing game.

T I G E R

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on August 01, 2012, 05:00:07 pm
I'll say one thing for AWbarn's classes: with the # of dropouts, suspensions and players kicked off the team it makes for an entertaining "who'll be next" guessing game.

We've had several get kicked off for boneheaded stuff, but exactly who has dropped out? I can't recall anyone. We actually have very few that even get flagged by the clearinghouse.

And really, you can't fault the school for kids getting kicked out. You can fault the school for not kicking a kid out though.

uams1989

"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."