Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[BREAKING] - Florida State announces it will form committee to explore options

Started by Doug, September 13, 2011, 06:29:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish Joe

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:27:34 pm
Is that A&M crying?

If the leftover Big 12 schools filed a class action lawsuit against A&M, the settlement could be around $100 million dollars.  Seriously.

A&M and the SEC want no part of this.  That's why Slive has been stand offish.

All this over a team that would never win the SEC West.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

josh_sec33

Quote from: ItcouldBworse on September 14, 2011, 07:36:02 pm
Thought that this spoke volumes:  "Everyone is working independently. No one is being straight with anyone anymore."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6970677/big-12-schools-face-economic-impact-shuffling

This is what happens when you build a confrence where the 'me for me ' mentality is part of the construction.

and NWASOoner, A&M was prepared to write the check for leaving the conference. Might negotiate it down a touch, but was following the book. All of the instability came WHEN OU AND STOOPS SAID THAT THEY WOULD PROBABLY LEAVE. And then everyone panicked.

But I still blame Texas.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Catfish Joe

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:44:47 pm
OU would commit to the Big 12 as is tomorrow.  Everyone knows that.  However, everyone is going to sign on to some STEEP exit penalties.  OU would do that, actually.  Would A&M?  No.

I'll enjoy Rick Perry explaining the economic loss to Iowa during the Iowa caucus.  That'll be great fun.

Of coarse not, they've already left.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

SemperHawg

Classic example of a couple teams who have had their cake and ate it too.  If I were Texas and OU I would be scared of wading out of the Big 12 and in to the deep in of the pool too.  They've had a good thing going for the past decade, decide the conf championship in Dallas in October, have an outside shot at the BCSCG every year with having only played one or two big games.  Be it super conferences or what ever, Texas and OU fear this move because they know that its one more step towards having to play big boy football all season. 

NWASooner

Quote from: Catfish Joe on September 14, 2011, 08:48:07 pm
Of coarse not, they've already left.

No they haven't.

If A&M were smart, they'd write the $30M exit check tomorrow with clause the absolves them from all future liability or lawsuits.  Stroke the check.  Be done with it.

The truth is they don't have the money and they're worried about having to pay out a bigger amount in a lawsuit against whomever.

OU and Texas can both write that check because their athletic departments help support the university as a whole.  At A&M, the university has to support the athletic program. 

Good luck with all that.

NWASooner

If the SEC were so confident they'd win the lawsuit, why have we gone two votes without an unconditional offer to A&M?

The next vote will be the 3rd vote.

Why do you think the SEC doesn't just give A&M an unconditional offer?  There has to be a reason.....

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:55:26 pm
No they haven't.

If A&M were smart, they'd write the $30M exit check tomorrow with clause the absolves them from all future liability or lawsuits.  Stroke the check.  Be done with it.

The truth is they don't have the money and they're worried about having to pay out a bigger amount in a lawsuit against whomever.

OU and Texas can both write that check because their athletic departments help support the university as a whole.  At A&M, the university has to support the athletic program. 

Good luck with all that.

You continue to lose credibility with every last ditch effort post. Give it up already. Big 12 whatever is done, and you will be flying to the left coast to watch your semi-good football team play USC on occasion, and blame the loss on the travel time. Enjoy.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

NWASooner

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 14, 2011, 09:07:57 pm
You continue to lose credibility with every last ditch effort post. Give it up already. Big 12 whatever is done, and you will be flying to the left coast to watch your semi-good football team play USC on occasion, and blame the loss on the travel time. Enjoy.

OU will be playing USC in the Pac-16 championship in the Rose Bowl as the sunlight gleams on the San Gabriel mountains.  They'll be getting more money to do this and as a result, A&M might get sued.

Meanwhile, will be traveling to Oxford where they're still singing songs about how the South will rise again.  They might be paying a large amount to take a pay cut to do this.

Write the check, A&M....

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 09:14:29 pm
OU will be playing USC in the Pac-16 championship in the Rose Bowl as the sunlight gleams on the San Gabriel mountains.  They'll be getting more money to do this and as a result, A&M might get sued.

Meanwhile, will be traveling to Oxford where they're still singing songs about how the South will rise again.  They might be paying a large amount to take a pay cut to do this.

Write the check, A&M....
Delusional at best. A&M will be fine in the out years. Book it!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

NWASooner

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 14, 2011, 09:19:16 pm
Delusional at best. A&M will be fine in the out years. Book it!

What are the "out" years?

Mississippi State can't seem to beat SEC West teams that aren't from Mississippi.  How will A&M be different?

dooley

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:03:17 pm
Exactly.  People forget or don't realize this but real people are going to lose their real jobs based on what A&M is doing.  When the Big 12 was shuffling last year, it was apparent that people at some of those schools left over would take massive revenue hits and have to lay people off.

Then, A&M recommitted to the conference only to back out 10 months later.

I hope Iowa State sues their ass and yes, they have a case.  (I'm talking about A&M here, not the SEC.)

Write the check, A&M.

1.  No one will lose their job because everyone will keep playing football regardless of what Baylor says.

2.  They can't sue aTm.  They are an arm of the Texas state government.  They are immune.  That's why people are threatening the SEC.

But I would be more worried about administrators that issued bonds based on television revenue for a dysfunctional conference as opposed to what the program could generate in revenue on their own.  Those guys should lose their jobs.

Marshfieldhog

If I was the Sooners I would worry about yourself, you are about to take a major hurting in your Texas recruiting without you mother(texas) being near you since they are heading to another coast. No one cares about Pac 12 games, folks have already moved onto NFL games by the time the PAC 12 games are over at night.

dooley

BTW, the PAC 12/16 championship is played at the home field of the regular season best record holder, e.g. Eugene.  So have fun.  But, I get your point.  Oh, and aTm still can't be sued.

Catfish Joe

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 09:03:42 pm
If the SEC were so confident they'd win the lawsuit, why have we gone two votes without an unconditional offer to A&M?

The next vote will be the 3rd vote.

Why do you think the SEC doesn't just give A&M an unconditional offer?  There has to be a reason.....

Isn't that generally how counting works? 1..2..3..4..5 and so on?

Write the check, A&M....

Baylor doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. IF they did, they wouldn't be raising such a big comotion and begging for everyone to help them.

-John Heisman-

NWASooner

Quote from: dooley on September 14, 2011, 10:45:09 pm
BTW, the PAC 12/16 championship is played at the home field of the regular season best record holder, e.g. Eugene.  So have fun.  But, I get your point.  Oh, and aTm still can't be sued.

That'll likely change in the next few years whether OU goes out there or not.

Theolesnort

NWASooner,you have somehow been transported to a alternate universe where your rationale has no meaning. You are so insistent in your views that I have decided that could be the only explanation for you ramblings.. Get back in your hottub or whatever vehicle you came in on and go. Here's hoping that you find your way home again where things make sense to you because here it is just a bunch of nonsense. Bless you......... Theolesnort.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

online-with-swine

I thought I had read that AM and UT were supposed to go it together on the network deal.  UT supposedly told AM "let's split the start up costs 50-50 but the revenue 70-30 for us".  That's when AM pulled out of the network deal.  Once again Texas arrogance.

Also, how can AM be sued when they have followed the conference guidelines for leaving that everyone agreed to?  They can't.

nolehog16

I really didn't think that UF would want FSU to join the SEC. Thought that was sort of their trump card right now for recruiting purposes, however, the past two years being in the SEC or ACC has evidently not hurt that aspect of Florida State's program. As a supporter for the Noles as well, I would love to see them playing against SEC caliber competition on a regular basis.

The ACC has never really been a football powerhouse. It was all FSU until 2001. Then since then, there honestly has never really been dominant teams (except possibly VTech). My vote, go to the SEC!!!

Mike_e

UF already plays FSU and recruits against them every year anyway.

UF would likely love to see FSU have to play a tougher schedule and get them an extra loss  or three a year.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:03:17 pm
Exactly.  People forget or don't realize this but real people are going to lose their real jobs based on what A&M is doing.  When the Big 12 was shuffling last year, it was apparent that people at some of those schools left over would take massive revenue hits and have to lay people off.

Then, A&M recommitted to the conference only to back out 10 months later.

I hope Iowa State sues their ass and yes, they have a case.  (I'm talking about A&M here, not the SEC.)

Write the check, A&M.

Then OU should have to write just as big a check also if they leave. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NWASooner on September 14, 2011, 08:11:57 pm
I'm WE'RE about tired of A&M sooners at this point and I'm WE'RE talking about the off the field   ALL their stuff.  They're two faced and duplicitous.  They're against equal revenue sharing until their for it.  They're for school networks until they're against it.  They're against high school exposure until they're for it.  The Big 12-2 gave them everything they wanted which is more than they deserved, they signed a contract for it, and 10 months later they want to break it.

FIFY!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

OU will be playing USC in the Pac-16 championship in the Rose Bowl as the sunlight gleams struggles to shine through the smog keeping anyone from seeing the San Gabriel mountains.  They'll be getting more money to do this and as a result, A&M might get sued the sooners sue the PAC 16 for medical expenses of their players and 4 fans that showed up because of respiratory problems.

Write the check, A&M....

FIFY!
Have your sooners write a check as well!

dooley

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2011, 09:49:21 am
Then OU should have to write just as big a check also if they leave.

I'm still trying to figure out who's going to lose their job at Iowa State when aTm leaves the Big XII-II.  I guess they don't lose their job if OU bolts.

farmhawg

Quote from: dooley on September 15, 2011, 02:15:49 pm
I'm still trying to figure out who's going to lose their job at Iowa State when aTm leaves the Big XII-II.  I guess they don't lose their job if OU bolts.
Well of course, OU would always be right and can't be held accountable for anything....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!