Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[RUMOR] - Texas A&M gets the nod to join the SEC, announcement tmw!

Started by Doug, September 06, 2011, 09:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

josh_sec33

A link to the Sept. 2nd letter from Beebe to Slive on A&M moving.

http://images.radcity.net/6960/4850286.pdf

Notice there IS A deadline of tomorrow at 5 pm central. They have time to sort this out.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

GuvHog

Quote from: Douglas on September 06, 2011, 11:20:35 pm
I think that marriage is about to break up.... I really think that Oklahoma State would flourish in the MWC very well and be able to forge its own identity after all these years.  Who knows... they could eventually be bigger than Oklahoma (Okay, I know i'm reaching here, but stranger things have happened).

I agree with this. I really believe Virginia Tech is the SEC's choice for #14 with OU being their main target for the #15 spot with FSU the likely the #16 team.

#13   A&M (done deal)
#14   Virginia Tech or WVA
#15   OU or Missouri
#16   Florida State

The SEC will not take OSU so OU will have to decide wether they will come without them or go elsewhere.

As for Virginia Tech, there have been articles linked that have stated they are listening to the SEC and are very interested.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Doug

I don't know how much more clearly to put this....

Virginia Tech to the SEC will NOT happen. I have a friend that is very connected to the ACC and he confirmed what I've heard.

Let me repeat this: Virginia Tech is NOT leaving the ACC
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ar_Hog on September 07, 2011, 11:49:08 am
Yeah just like we kept our Rival Texas as a non conference game after going to the SEC ::)

That was a one way rivalry. Texas was our main rival but we were far from being theirs. As far as the Horns were concerned, the Hogs were nothing to them and that's why the series died after the Hogs joined the SEC. OU and OSU both consider each other to be their main rival so that's why that series will not end even if the 2 wind up in different conferences.

GuvHog

Quote from: Douglas on September 07, 2011, 11:25:00 am
I don't know how much more clearly to put this....

Virginia Tech to the SEC will NOT happen. I have a friend that is very connected to the ACC and he confirmed what I've heard.

Let me repeat this: Virginia Tech is NOT leaving the ACC

Then we are obviously hearing different things.

Doug

Quote from: GUVHOGThen we are obviously hearing different things.
With all due respect intended, your sources have led you down the wrong path several times in the past. I tend to take the Mike Irwin approach so that things don't bite me in the arse. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

GuvHog

Quote from: Douglas on September 07, 2011, 12:56:04 pm
With all due respect intended, your sources have led you down the wrong path several times in the past. I tend to take the Mike Irwin approach so that things don't bite me in the arse. :)

Agreed, I've been burned a few times. That's why I'm not calling it the Gospel truth, just saying it's what I've heard. It's called being cautious.

texas tush hog

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 07, 2011, 10:37:19 am
I agree with this. I really believe Virginia Tech is the SEC's choice for #14 with OU being their main target for the #15 spot with FSU the likely the #16 team.

#13   A&M (done deal)
#14   Virginia Tech or WVA
#15   OU or Missouri
#16   Florida State

The SEC will not take OSU so OU will have to decide wether they will come without them or go elsewhere.

As for Virginia Tech, there have been articles linked that have stated they are listening to the SEC and are very interested.

GUV, think about it,the SEC presidents would not have floated Mizzoo and West Virginia out there if they had not made up their mind. It is just like every POTUS, up until this clown we have now, never went to negotiate a treaty that they did not have agreed to before hand. These two are done, all that remains is to find out who the final puzzle piece turns out to be.