Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[CONFIRMED] Texas A&M tells Big 12 "Thanks for the memories, but..."

Started by Doug, August 29, 2011, 11:19:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Douglas on August 30, 2011, 12:21:36 am
As long as they announce by 5:59 PM US Eastern time on September 1st, they'll be in compliance with the 365 day requirement.  What I'm concerned about is Big12/Texas attempting to screw TAMU over on the window of time.

...and by extension, the exit penalty?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hornkiller

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on August 30, 2011, 10:11:25 am
...and on the exit penalty.

To which since this move for the most part is about sticking it to Texas.... A&M needs to dot the i's and cross the t's. Because if they don't it's not if but how badly Texas sticks it to them.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hornkiller on August 30, 2011, 10:14:12 am
To which since this move for the most part is about sticking it to Texas.... A&M needs to dot the i's and cross the t's. Because if they don't it's not if but how badly Texas sticks it to them.
That's just a fringe benefit! :)

The Aggies are finally acting in their own best interests.

josh_sec33

Look, the letter hasn't been sent yet. It does take a small amount of time to write a letter that then has to pass the legal council after they had time to read the letter from the Big 12 10 9 about how they can leave, and they are also trying to negotiate a smaller buyout amount.

Give it to tomorrow. I honestly thought last night was early, but I was seeing linked reports, so I went with it. The more I think about it today, I figure that A&M is really making sure they dot their i's and cross their t's before leaving.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hard_reign2004

I work for tribune and I'm tapped into all relevant info from other tribune stations and just got email talking about a&m announcement pegging official announcement coming today or tomorrow. Kiah is working on the story.  Email is vague but is asking if any other tribune stations have any new information.   Nothing ground breaking...  But this is about to be made official very soon. 

dooley

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 30, 2011, 10:05:59 am
Most of my speculation lately has been to keep NWASooner to keep making a fool of himself.

That's not possible.

Hogdude72

Quote from: Douglas on August 29, 2011, 11:19:27 pm
Let me preface this right now by saying this: NOTHING IS CONFIRMED YET...

I'm hearing rumblings that Texas A&M signed, sealed and deliver their official notice to Big 12 commissioners earlier tonight.

IF this is true, I expect the official announcement to come no later than 4 PM Central time on Thursday. Very doubtful anything will come out tomorrow.

I have a feeling that the Big 12 is going to try to delay as long as possible to try to force Texas A&M to remain in the Big 12 through 2012 season, however, the Aggies do have a few aces up their sleeves.

Again, this is just an UNVERIFIED rumor.

Carry on. :)
While I realize that the SEC powers may have given the go ahead behind the scene for the Agonies to make the leap, unless the committee has agreed to officially take TAM this is lunacy. While under the circumstances I can understand the thinking in College Station, to make such a move without an absolute guarantee from the SEC strikes me as lunacy. On the other hand, perhaps the Aggs are trying to force the hand of the powers running the conference.

hogfan446

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 30, 2011, 09:41:31 am
Bill King on Rivals Radio said this morning that A&M and the Big 12 had reached an agreement in principle where the Big 12 would not sue A&M and A&M would not sue the Big 12.  He said he expected an announcement today.

Sounds like this deal is about to close.

Not quite.  He was citing the NY Times article and several others and said that "In his opinion" that he thinks this is probably what is happening.  He never said this was confirmed or reported this as what was exactly going on.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogdude72 on August 30, 2011, 11:53:14 am
While I realize that the SEC powers may have given the go ahead behind the scene for the Agonies to make the leap, unless the committee has agreed to officially take TAM this is lunacy. While under the circumstances I can understand the thinking in College Station, to make such a move without an absolute guarantee from the SEC strikes me as lunacy. On the other hand, perhaps the Aggs are trying to force the hand of the powers running the conference.

A&M already knows they'll be accepted into the SEC or they wouldn't be making this move in the first place. The SEC won't make it official until A&M has cut all ties with the Big 12. That keeps the SEC from being sued By the Big 12 or any one of it's member schools.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jmingram911

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 30, 2011, 10:05:59 am
Agree 100% my sources clammed up about three weeks ago. Most of my speculation lately has been to keep NWASooner to keep making a fool of himself. That's been fun.

I don't think NWASooner needs help to keep making a fool of himself. He is capable of doing that on his own! But you're right it is fun. By the way where is he today, Bevo said the sucky sooners missed the morning su.......I mean feeding.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

idochog

I love Jesus!

TrojanHog

If the worst happens and A&M starts to beat us this October in Jerry's World, do you think their fans will start chanting SEC?

scootman

Quote from: TrojanHog on August 30, 2011, 02:48:22 pm
If the worst happens and A&M starts to beat us this October in Jerry's World, do you think their fans will start chanting SEC?

I think the fans will start the "SEC" chant regardless of what is happening during the game...
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

idochog

Quote from: scootman on August 30, 2011, 02:52:57 pm
I think the fans will start the "SEC" chant regardless of what is happening during the game...

If they come to the SEC, they better get some real cheerleaders
I love Jesus!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

scootman

runninhog

The arrogance of Texas officials is beginning to wear thin on OU, as well.  Unfortunately for Texas A&M, they'll be slugging it out with Ole Miss and State to see who is the doormat of the west every year.

At the end of the day, it's really all about money. It's a huge business, and no college makes a move that isn't in their best financial interest. That's the #1 consideration. But I also think this is bad for college football. Long standing regional rivalries falling apart, and some really absurd things, like Colorado going to the PAC-10.

Apparently, nothing is sacred but the dollar to these people. I don't like any of it.

Nice forum, btw. Looking forward to a good season for the Razorbacks.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

scootman

DeltaBoy

I hear sobbing sounds coming from Austin and Waco and Lubbock.  All I hear from Norman is the 911 operator since Stoops and his staff all passed out.

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

RazorBassin

Seeing as now that this is confirmed, any ideas as to when the SEC will announce?  Will they wait on the 1-3 other teams to join before announcing?  Anyone hearing any REAL rumblings on who the next 1-3 will be?

grayhawg

josh_sec33

Douglas, I'm ashamed in you.

You had us all expecting this to happen tomorrow. I can't believe that you didn't foresee it happening to day.

SHAME.

;)

+1 for the legit info.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

PonderinHog

Quote from: josh_sec33 on August 31, 2011, 01:00:00 pm
Douglas, I'm ashamed in you.

You had us all expecting this to happen tomorrow. I can't believe that you didn't foresee it happening to day.

SHAME.

;)
+1 for the legit info.
That is not a HIPAA violation. 8)

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

DeltaBoy

The Big 12 will be lower than Conference USA by this time in 2013!